PDA

View Full Version : I'm so tired of 50 cent

InfinityXXX
Feb 8, 2006, 08:18 PM
I AM SO TIRED OF HIM.

Today, I just read something in a magazine and it had Spike Lee critisizing 50 cent. He blamed him for promoting violence in hip hop. He said "I love hip hop, but when you got to have your 5yr old kid wear a bullet proof vest to go outside, something is wrong"

50 cent is the destroyer of rap. He has caused rap to go so mainstream that its hard for me to consider it rap.

Hes one of the biggest hippocrits too. He critisized Ja rule(his nemesis) over being to pop but if you look at all of 50 cents song on his latest cd and his latest collaborations....there ALL POP SOUNDING! Ja rule wasn't even all that pop in the first place, he was more real than 50 cent.

Not only that but the whole reason he hates Ja rule is for a stupid reason. For those that don't know, Ja Rules friend was robbed by one of 50 cent's friend. So while Ja rule was in the club with his friend that got robbed he saw the robber and stepped up to him and said something. (Who wouldn't get mad at a robber for robbing you!?)

He talks all all hard and stuff saying things about how hes gonna kill Ja rule BUT HE FILED A DAMN RESTRAINING ORDER on Ja rule's producer, Irv Gotti!(how gangsta is that)

Not only that but he was the reason Murder Inc(Ja rules record label) went down. He didn't destroy Murder Inc by rapping alone, he snitched to the feds and had the police deal with Murder Inc. He critisized and hated Murder Inc so much but yet hes trying to be just like them.(Him signing Olivia and having her as the token girl)

Hes also saying stupid things about how Terrance Howard(star of many movies, Hustle and Flow, The Jackson 5 movie) and Kanye West are only successful because of him because he gave them inspiration.(pssssshttt)

For his movie, "Get rich or die trying", he originally wanted Samuel Jackson to be in it but when he asked Samuel, Samuel told him he doesn't work with people like him. So 50 cent started dissing Samuel Jackson.(Samuel is way greater than he'll ever be not only that but he should respect someone like Samule Jackson)

He also got mad at and made songs about Fat Joe, Jadakiss, and Nas for feeling sorry for Murder Inc and critiszing him for stinking up rap.

He funds a youth group so he can "keep young kids out of the streets" but he contradicts himself for he still raps about and glorifies the street life.

Recently some of Busta Rhymes crew were shot at by some of 50 cents crew and now lots of people are outraged.

I swear 50 cent is 28 years old and a father....he needs TO GROW THE HELL UP. Hes fighting with everyone, edging violence and throwing bitch fits like a little child all while living on a Lie.(his ass was shot cuz he got to big headed and 2-faced, got what he deserved). Him and most of G-unit are waht he once said....wangstas. Him and rappers like him are the reason why rap is falling apart.

The Game is preaching out against him and has made many records about him but The Game needs a bit more publicity.(The Game left G-unit cause 50 cent wanted him to kiss his ass like everyone else of G-unit and he knew 50 cent was a fake.)

The thing is, is that "most" people who are "REALLY" into rap, black, and or lower middle class and under don't even buy 50 cents crap and they hate him. Its the middle class and up who don't know anything about the whole gangsta lifestyle that buy his stuff.

I wish that someone boycott him cause I'm tired of seeing his ugly ass face on the radio and on tv getting the publicity he wants. To be honest, when I get older I want to be a songwriter and music producer but part of me want to rapping a side thing just so i can shut his ass down for perpetuaitng his lies.

Scrub
Feb 8, 2006, 08:38 PM
Who the hell cares about who's a real gangster and who isn't?

When the fuck did music stop being about music?

Saraphim
Feb 8, 2006, 08:52 PM
On 2006-02-08 17:38, Scrub wrote:
Who the hell cares about who's a real gangster and who isn't?

When the fuck did music stop being about music?

How true, because in the end it really doesn't matter (and it never did).

Eihwaz
Feb 8, 2006, 09:06 PM
I don't like 50 Cent because he's a bigot who idolizes violence. Simple enough, right? :3

FOAtHeart
Feb 8, 2006, 09:36 PM
You have to realize that there is a 50 Cent and there is the image he portrays through his music. That is, rap music is just music; entertainment. I could rap about how I am a killa and a gangsta all the time if it helped my image, but even then I'd think my listeners would know how to tell the difference, yeah?

Saraphim
Feb 9, 2006, 12:07 AM
On 2006-02-08 18:36, FOAtHeart wrote:
You have to realize that there is a 50 Cent and there is the image he portrays through his music. That is, rap music is just music; entertainment. I could rap about how I am a killa and a gangsta all the time if it helped my image, but even then I'd think my listeners would know how to tell the difference, yeah?

Almost all entertainers are like that (except Jessica Simpson, she really is that dumb!) It's all about the money.

Forte1224
Feb 9, 2006, 12:18 AM
You know what's REALLY stupid about them? That they wear all those crosses.

They're not even catholic or christian. They can go fuck themselves anyday.

InfinityXXX
Feb 9, 2006, 12:33 AM
On 2006-02-08 21:18, Forte1224 wrote:

Oooooh, I just noticed that. There are some entertainers (I'm speaking for all entertainers) that are christians or catholics(nowadays everyone wants to be a scientoligist) BUT they're doing a lot sinning and fornicating to be a follower of that religon.

I think the thing is, is how certain people at school idolizes him and I know by typing this I'm giving him publicity but Im just sooooo frustrated.

Its not about him being a true gangsta or whatever its just that....don't say your something and your not really it. I'm also sick and tired of seeing him on the TV.....you just get tired of seeing him everywhere (he even got a damn video game) and it really ticks you off when his whole career is built off lies and cowardness.

KaFKa
Feb 9, 2006, 02:43 AM
On 2006-02-08 18:06, Eihwaz wrote:
I don't like 50 Cent because he's a bigot who idolizes violence. Simple enough, right? :3

Otis_Kat
Feb 9, 2006, 05:36 AM
On 2006-02-08 21:33, InfinityXXX wrote:
(he even got a damn video game)

That game is SO bad, I tryed it for "poops" and giggles a few weeks ago. And on the subject of his game he said it was fine for little children to play his game, as long as you explinaed to the kids why you're busting caps in the people.

Kizaragu
Feb 9, 2006, 10:04 AM
On 2006-02-09 02:36, Otis_Kat wrote:

(he even got a damn video game)

That game is SO bad, I tryed it for "poops" and giggles a few weeks ago. And on the subject of his game he said it was fine for little children to play his game, as long as you explinaed to the kids why you're busting caps in the people.

He also claimed it was a 'teaching tool' and parents should ignore the 18 rating.
"Hey son, if a guy upsets you don't sit down and talk calmly about it like an adult. Stick a knife in his chest and gut him like a fish."
I did learn something though. Never to go near it again.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kizaragu on 2006-02-09 07:07 ]</font>

Charmander02
Feb 9, 2006, 05:36 PM
Some rap is good but a lot is all about the same thing...im getting pretty tired of it.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Feb 9, 2006, 05:41 PM
Don't forget the teachers at school sending your bro home to change for wearing 50's clothing line T shirt, G-Unit, because it was made by that gangster guy. WTFUX

InfinityXXX
Feb 9, 2006, 11:51 PM
I dunno what my brother sees in 50 cent but 50 cent's clothing line is just an extension of Ecko(some of the outfits are identical, just has G-unit logo)

When 50 first came out with his first cd, I was like "alright, he sounds pretty nice, catchy songs" but now its like pure pop, selling his soul just to make a quick club banger and cash.

Also, lol@ saying the game was bad.

Wyndham
Feb 10, 2006, 12:04 AM
On 2006-02-08 23:43, KaFKa wrote:

On 2006-02-08 18:06, Eihwaz wrote:

I agree wholeheartedly. I just really am very annoyed by his stuff. And most rap videos are just girls in skimpy clothes feeling themselves likethey're checking for moles while some guy is lookinfg at the screen and making no sense. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

Shadowpawn
Feb 10, 2006, 01:19 AM
That game was HORRIBLE. The shooting mechanics were god awful and the AI was dumb as hell.

fronebullare
Feb 10, 2006, 06:28 PM
On 2006-02-08 18:36, FOAtHeart wrote:

Yeah,until kids are walking around with guns and bullet-proof vest and placing "fuck" "ass" or "shit" for every other word in their sentences.You also have to understand that not everyone is as smart as that to tell the difference between reality and the profile thats being made for blacks as a result of his music.I don't listen to his brain-washing,womenizing,street glorifing,poor-excuse-for-rap music.But there isn't much we can do about it,not as long as there are people that actually like his crap.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: fronebullare on 2006-02-10 15:30 ]</font>

Dre_o
Feb 10, 2006, 08:03 PM
Geeze, I agree with every word said in this entire Rant. I'm just SO freakin tired of people saying: "Man, I'm from the hood dog!"

1) If you are in MY school, you ARE'NT from the "Hood."
2) Even WHITE people are beginning to do it, which really annoys the hell out of me.
3) There are NO "HOODS" IN OMAHA NEBRASKA.

Tystys
Feb 10, 2006, 08:07 PM
I barely understand half of the shit that comes out of his mouth...
OK, I do.I was just trying to ignore it....but that fucker IS EVERYWHERE
Atleast in my school.

washuguy
Feb 11, 2006, 10:56 AM
How about his song candy shop?not violent,just graphic...

Kizaragu
Feb 11, 2006, 05:20 PM
On 2006-02-11 07:56, washuguy wrote:
How about his song candy shop?not violent,just graphic...

Don't even get me started on that song!
"I'm going to the candy shop, don't stop until you hit the spot. Whoooooa!"
THIS MAN, is getting paid SHEDLOADS for this amazing talent he apparently has.

I repeat.

"I'm going to the candy shop, don't stop until you hit the spot. Whoooooa!"

I've never felt so moved with emotion in my entire life. Tears flowed from my eyes, all for the wrong reasons.
Listening to that track doesn't make me want to "get it awn!" It make make me want to turn it off.

InfinityXXX
Feb 11, 2006, 10:02 PM
The thing with 50 cent and other pop rappers like that is that they use a catchy hook and a good beat and that is what sells. Not what the hook says, the lyrics, the music, and even voice(Ciara, Ying Yang twins) doesn't matter, its all about a catchy hook and a good beat.

The candy shop video....is so stupid. The reason why is because its suppose to be Olivia's debut.(the girl that singing) Olivia is suppose to be the Murder Inc's version of Ashanti.(the label 50 hates.) But Olivia is nothing like Ashanti. Shes ugly, she looks like a man, she can't dance(look at her little dance in the candy shop video), her eyebrows are ****** up and she can't sing.

And rumor has it, is that they're trying to replace her with a new singer called Keysha Cole.(thats if Keysha signs to them.)

I be so glad when his day comes, hopefully it'll be when The Game release another album and puts him on full blast.I think theres some other rappers that are about to attack him.(Mos Def newest cd is gonna be talking about 50) Not only that but the charges on Murder Inc(now known as the Inc) has been dropped so I have a feeling they about to come out with a new cd.

I swear, if I was signed to a label I would give him and all of G-unit their dose.

RuneLateralus
Feb 11, 2006, 11:52 PM

On 2006-02-08 21:18, Forte1224 wrote:

Oooooh, I just noticed that. There are some entertainers (I'm speaking for all entertainers) that are christians or catholics(nowadays everyone wants to be a scientoligist) BUT they're doing a lot sinning and fornicating to be a follower of that religon.

"Christians wear those crosses on their necks. I find that ironic. When Jesus comes back, do you think he ever wants to see a fucking cross?" -Bill Hicks

Caughted my eye and thought it would fun just to throw it in there.

As the on topic part, the music industry letting talented people and actual artist excel? Shit what you said about actual talent does not only happen in just rap. It happens with rock, blues, pretty much everything. The music industry as a whole is empty. Just as every form of entertainment. Sure, occasionally some actual really great talent within their field will make a great name for themselves within the mainstream (Kayne West for the case of rap), but it can be harder to market someone who is unique at times. 50 Cent is nothing more than a stereotype...and a really horrible one. Not to mention he comes off as a major hypocrite with some of the shit he says, yet continues to promote other things.

I don't know much about rap (I am more of a punk/grunge person...and those genres definitely had their fakes) as a whole, but it isn't too hard to spot a hypocrite and a fake.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RuneLateralus on 2006-02-11 20:53 ]</font>

PIT
Feb 12, 2006, 10:53 AM
i hated this "half-a-dolla'" puss anyway, but once i've been just jumping from one chanel to another on tv and then i've heard it: "what really turns you on are the rims of my car"

what the hell is that? the world just became even dumber

DizzyDi
Feb 12, 2006, 12:01 PM
I don't think 50 killed rap, he just stomped around on its grave. 50 is pretty much the epitome of what rap is these days. Just a whole buncha rent-a-thugs rapping about how much streed cred they got, how many chicks they've screwd, and how big thier rims are. Of course they're artists out there that actually rap about things that matter, but they don't get that much play on MTV and BET, nor do they get radio spins. Its like my friend said, if you're not on a record label that people know about you probably won't blow up. Like...if Kanye West wasn't on Rocafeller, he probably wouldn't be as popular as he is right now, even though hes a great producer and hes a pretty good lyricist. Another example would be Common. With his Be album he got the recognition he finally deserved. If it wasn't for Kanye and promotion on the album, it'd probably woulda just been slept on, just like all the rest of Common's records.

xxTrystanxx
Feb 14, 2006, 09:06 PM
I stopped categorizing myself by genres years ago. Nowadays I just listen to what sounds good at the time. At one point I went through a hip-hop phase.

But listening to 50 makes me yearn for my Run DMC cassettes.

BogusKun
Feb 20, 2006, 08:43 PM
50 Cent is very famous in Japan.

He is my hero.

But they love 50... all Japanese http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

I thought all PSOW like what Japanese like http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Sgt_Shligger
Feb 20, 2006, 09:05 PM
...I'm tired of seeing his ugly ass face on the radio....

Not to be rude but--- you don't "see' people on the radio you listen and if you are smart you [i]hear.
50 cent still is annoying though.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Feb 20, 2006, 10:21 PM
On 2006-02-20 17:43, BogusKun wrote:
I thought all PSOW like what Japanese like http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

No.

Only those anime-aniacs.

And even then its DBZ, FMA, Naruto, next blond spikey haired show thats on all the time.

You can hear the same things in 50's songs and laugh at them now. He's regurgitating the same stuff and not making any specific strides or movements with his music.

But oh crap, he's already rich so what the hell does he care to try and make good music.

trueprophecy
Feb 20, 2006, 11:25 PM
dawg are you serious?? dis betta be a joke topic cuz you be disin on 50 cent and **** about havin his songs all pop soundin and ****. his latest cd is all pimpin and some gangsta and one love song. kid know your role. hes nasty at rapin thats why ja rule ended his music career and went to acting. pe@ce out

Wyndham
Feb 20, 2006, 11:38 PM
On 2006-02-14 18:06, xxTrystanxx wrote:
I stopped categorizing myself by genres years ago. Nowadays I just listen to what sounds good at the time. At one point I went through a hip-hop phase.

I have a couple of Run DMC cds, and I wish I could find them.

On 2006-02-20 20:25, trueprophecy wrote:
dawg are you serious?? dis betta be a joke topic cuz you be disin on 50 cent and **** about havin his songs all pop soundin and ****. his latest cd is all pimpin and some gangsta and one love song. kid know your role. hes nasty at rapin thats why ja rule ended his music career and went to acting. pe@ce out

I'm just going to pretend you didn't say that. I really hate the use of all of this crappy "street talk", and you actually support someone who makes a videogame glorifying killing people AND IN AN INTERVIEW says it is for kids, and even a learning tool.
That's just not okay, and I'm just sick of it.

trueprophecy
Feb 21, 2006, 12:20 AM
On 2006-02-20 20:38, Oran1324 wrote:

On 2006-02-14 18:06, xxTrystanxx wrote:

I have a couple of Run DMC cds, and I wish I could find them.

I'm just going to pretend you didn't say that. I really hate the use of all of this crappy "street talk", and you actually support someone who makes a videogame glorifying killing people AND IN AN INTERVIEW says it is for kids, and even a learning tool.
That's just not okay, and I'm just sick of it.

dawg you fo real? you probally grew up with mad loot and had a semi easy life. i bet you mad loot if you grew up in the streets or some **** like that you would feel differently. preps these days fo real. they think money is power yet a pistol got more power then any cash. haha quote that *****

Wyndham
Feb 21, 2006, 12:29 AM
our family had everything we needed until I was 8, when my Dad's bad back caused him to not be able to work. We lived off of Lentils, chickpeas, pasta and rice for 6 days out the week. We rarely recieved gifts outiside of holidays, and now that I have a little moneyfrom the jobs i get, I buy gifts for my younger siblings. glorifying violence gets more violence. We get very little compared to my friends on holidays, and you have NO RIGHT to say my life was any easier than yours. I hope you realize how wrong things are soon. And i live in the city myself. someone down the road was robbed and shot, there was a raid accross the street, and in walking distance was a murder that made national news, and the murder weapon was a katana. that happened after living here ONE YEAR.
so don't assume things.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Feb 21, 2006, 05:29 AM

I don't give a crap how "gangsta" 50 cent is, to you.

Or if he's the hardest of the hard whatevers, he's making the same songs over and over.

So apparently because he's so gangsta gangsta we have to buy his products and make him more money?

What for, he's already "the most gangsta" and has more money then he'll ever need.

Mystil
Feb 21, 2006, 07:00 AM
Id like the point out that rap is dead and this "ja'rule" and "50cent" will never make it the way Tupac, Biggy and Big Pun, Mase, Missy Elliot, and a bunch of others have made it out to be before the few died and the rest moved onto to other things(well Mase is back).

Rap is lame. It was awesome in the 90s.. 50 cent is only a poser.

trueprophecy
Feb 21, 2006, 01:30 PM
On 2006-02-21 02:29, HAYABUSA-FMW- wrote:

I don't give a crap how "gangsta" 50 cent is, to you.

Or if he's the hardest of the hard whatevers, he's making the same songs over and over.

So apparently because he's so gangsta gangsta we have to buy his products and make him more money?

What for, he's already "the most gangsta" and has more money then he'll ever need.

dawg if thats true then why is he making over 75 million a year??? because people like the way he raps. he sure makes a lot of money and has millions of fans world wide for a "poser" as other poster said.

also you say you had it easy till 8 then it got horribly bad.

how about living in the projects all your life till your 19 and not having a dad because he left when i was 1 and then also my mom not being able to afford the rent so i had to get a job at the age of 13. on top of that never had cable or a tv untill i was 15 because thats when i started working full time. then to rap it all up your dad coming back for 1 day and robbing your life savings??? yeah your really a badass for having it easy right??? just stop talking so you dont look dumber

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Feb 21, 2006, 03:36 PM
Okay so he has over $75 million a year, why should I buy his crap and give him more money? He has plenty.

Keeping it real?

Nope. He's out of the ghetto and even said in one song if he could he would run away and never go back(Rap's MVP was it the one with the Game?) and talks about 3 things in every song:

-I have guns and shoot people(if he did, he'd be in jail for murder and who can't legally own a gun in the US, big deal.)

-I have a big penis and I'm the best at sex(what is he 12 years old? Nobody cares.)

-I have a lot of money and you don't, so buy my G-Unit clothing and shoe line, my video game and CD's(No thanks, you already have more money than me big man, and your stuff isn't that hot or worth it.)

Other rap stars use their music to make points or talk about a variety of subjects.

Nas has a song I can telling children they "don't have to be gangsters, ho's, read more learn more change the globe."

Eminem talks about life on the road and his daughter growing up without him around, his messy divorce, the President's policies and the war, etc.

Stop trying to act like he's a big deal when he's not. Other rappers don't like 50 Cent. Its a big deal when your peers in the industry give you a bad name.

Sgt_Shligger
Feb 21, 2006, 09:39 PM
Rap is fine and good and all that stuff but it should be more about the music NOT the rapper. The 90's was the golden age of rap and now it has been reduced to sex, drugs, and money. 50 cent isn't helping since he is a terrible role model. His game, his music... all terrible. Music in general has gone down hill.
One more comment--- dude who is all "ghetto" and that... no cable and blah then how did you get a gamecube? No offense.

InfinityXXX
Feb 21, 2006, 11:58 PM

First of all, get away from me with this fake, wannabe street talk. You sound like a poser. I grew up in the projects,I've been around guns and drugs, seen folks die, my dad's profession and abusive ways caused my family to split but TRUST ME, most people around the lifestyle that I was in(now around) and that you claim to be in or around do not talk the way you're trying to talk. (I only say claim cuz I don't know you)

SO, I can sense the difference of true street talk, gangstas and hustlas and fake ass wannabe street talkers hustlas and gangstaz like 50 cent. And it really pisses me off when I see people trying too hard to be down.

I dunno know you so I can be wrong but brotha(I'm assuming you are?), I hope your just acting and not embarassing yourself on this website because you sound like a fool with your "typed" street lingo.

But this topic and this post is not dedicated to questioning your "realness" its about 50 cent and the reasons why I made this topic.

First of all, 50 cent has gone pure pop since his newest solo album. He crtisizd the hell out of Ja Rule for stretching rap boundaries(which he didn't, he went to a more R&B, old school route) and now I see 50 with all this cheesy ass pop sounding songs. Have you heard the newest song he did for Mobb Deep. Its pure rock(not that nothing wrong with rock) its just that it pushes boundaries something he critisized Ja about thus he is a hypocrite.

Next, 50 cent is not a skilled rapper. His lyrics suck ass bad. I dunno know what the hell happened but after Bulletproff he started doing just enough to get a hit. Yes, his rapping is cliched now. You know what its about(sex,pride, or lies) all he just does is get a beat from Dre and have some lyric writer find a catchy hook. Put 50 to a lame beat and he'll do awful.

And then hes a liar. The whole bullshit beef with Murder Inc started cause his friend got his ass beat for trying to rob Ja Rule.(Watch a documentary called Beef). He also filed a restraining order on Irv Gotti and Vivica Fox.Shows how tough he is when you have to get a restraining order on an A list actor like Vivica.

My brotha, you sound like a true 50 fan but you sound like one blinded by the media. 50 cent is a rapper but hes a very pop rapper thats lacking skill. Hes not true to the true roots of hip hop. He and many others have altered it heavily and commercialized it. Sold a thing of great importance to the african american community and true hip hoppers to the media just to make a quick buck.(but this is common with almost anything that gets popular)

The thing that I find funny is that most people that actually "buy"(not to say they don't listen) these pop rapper's cds or major fans of them are mainly rich and middle class whites or those that are unfamiliar with hip hop and or the lifestyle that 50 cent was once in)

Look at Erykah Badu's music video to her song called "love of my life". She potrays hip hop and shows all the changes that has happened to hip hop.(The good and the bad) And at the end of the video where its the present she goes on stage and sees a lot of fake ass looking people.(They look like the characters from the Poser Mobile commercials)

I don't like 50 cent cause hes a hypocrite and a liar, cashing in and destroying the hip hop culture. I liked him on Bulletproof cause he was a "bit" more real but now that I'm finding more about him, I'm finding him to be doused in lies and to be a betrayer of hip hop.

I'm a big rap fan. I'm a musician. I come from a family that loves music and that listens to music 24/7. I also plan on being a music producer and majoring in music, I also rap myself so I know good singing and rapping when I hear it and 50 cent is not. Its catchy but its not skilled.

I listen to old school music, neo soul, alternative hip, and if I'm near a radio, popular music and by growing up and listening to rap from the 80s-and 90s and comparing it to popular rap out thats now, yoy can easily see that rap has WENT DOWN. Its become cheap and cheesy. And whether your fan of him or not, 50 cent has contributed to the cheap and cheesyness that rap has become.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: InfinityXXX on 2006-02-21 21:02 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: InfinityXXX on 2006-02-21 22:29 ]</font>

Dangerous55
Feb 22, 2006, 12:40 AM
On 2006-02-21 20:58, InfinityXXX wrote:

First of all, get away from me with this fake, wannabe street talk. You sound like a poser. I grew up in the projects,I've been around guns and drugs, seen folks die, my dad's profession and abusive ways caused my family to split but TRUST ME, most people around the lifestyle that I was in(now around) and that you claim to be in or around do not talk the way you're trying to talk.

SO, I can sense the difference of true street talk, gangstas and hustlas and fake ass wannabe street talkers hustlas and gangstaz like 50 cent. And it really pisses me off when I see people trying too hard to be down.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: InfinityXXX on 2006-02-21 21:02 ]</font>

Dude your the one trying to act tough on a PSOW forum by telling people how bad and hard your life was. You're not hard or bad or more knowledgable because you grew up around drugs and guns and seen people die. Alot of people have, theres alot of shit everywhere.

I dislike 50 Cent mainly because I hate the urban/rap culture so fucking much. The clothing, music, everything, fake accent people take on, pisses me off.

InfinityXXX
Feb 22, 2006, 01:14 AM
Everyone has had something hard in their life. Only reason why I even acknowledged my past, in that post was to let the person I was posting to know that I know what I'm talking about.

Also, just because I mention my past don't mean I'm trying to act hard. I have no reason to act tough(on a gaming forum) and trust me, I'm not tough or hard in real life. Barack Obama and Judge Mathis ALWAYS talk about there past.(Mathis a gangsta and drgu dealer and Obama, a thug) and they don't try to act hard.

To certain people, you have to bring up your past to let them know where your comming from. He broguht up his past and I brought up mine to let show him I'm on the same page as he.

Hip hop culture was a beatiful thing but now it has mutated into something ugly. I'm cool with the clothing to an extent(sagging under your butt pisses me off) but what I really, REALLY hate is fake accents.

It pisses me off when I'm at school or our somewhere and I see people "trying" to talk that way. Especially when people of other races talk in exaggerated ebonics. Like what Paul Monney said, "It offends me". Theres a difference between normal ebonics and exaggerated ones.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: InfinityXXX on 2006-02-21 22:27 ]</font>

Dangerous55
Feb 22, 2006, 01:34 AM
Oh snap. I only saw one of his deals.

Oh well he's a moron, but then again I really think anyone who speaks in ebonics is pretty dumb. But theres alot of stuff and I don't like with that. Like those fucking coats and wearing a baseball hat like a dickweed. I hate people who try to be thugs. And I dislike rap immensley, I don't know how anyone can enjoy it. Edit, I can see some of it, but not some guy wavin his hands looking all pissed off at the camera yelling in shitty English about fucking a hoe or shooting some niggas. Pisses me off.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dangerous55 on 2006-02-21 22:36 ]</font>

InfinityXXX
Feb 22, 2006, 01:41 AM
I would like to say to those that sag "heavily" that the whole concept of sagging came from male prison. A person who sagged was someones "love slave"

trueprophecy
Feb 22, 2006, 05:08 PM
On 2006-02-21 20:58, InfinityXXX wrote:

First of all, get away from me with this fake, wannabe street talk. You sound like a poser. I grew up in the projects,I've been around guns and drugs, seen folks die, my dad's profession and abusive ways caused my family to split but TRUST ME, most people around the lifestyle that I was in(now around) and that you claim to be in or around do not talk the way you're trying to talk. (I only say claim cuz I don't know you)

I dunno know you so I can be wrong but brotha(I'm assuming you are?), I hope your just acting and not embarassing yourself on this website because you sound like a fool with your "typed" street lingo.

But this topic and this post is not dedicated to questioning your "realness" its about 50 cent and the reasons why I made this topic.

First of all, 50 cent has gone pure pop since his newest solo album. He crtisizd the hell out of Ja Rule for stretching rap boundaries(which he didn't, he went to a more R&B, old school route) and now I see 50 with all this cheesy ass pop sounding songs. Have you heard the newest song he did for Mobb Deep. Its pure rock(not that nothing wrong with rock) its just that it pushes boundaries something he critisized Ja about thus he is a hypocrite.

Next, 50 cent is not a skilled rapper. His lyrics suck ass bad. I dunno know what the hell happened but after Bulletproff he started doing just enough to get a hit. Yes, his rapping is cliched now. You know what its about(sex,pride, or lies) all he just does is get a beat from Dre and have some lyric writer find a catchy hook. Put 50 to a lame beat and he'll do awful.

And then hes a liar. The whole bullshit beef with Murder Inc started cause his friend got his ass beat for trying to rob Ja Rule.(Watch a documentary called Beef). He also filed a restraining order on Irv Gotti and Vivica Fox.Shows how tough he is when you have to get a restraining order on an A list actor like Vivica.

My brotha, you sound like a true 50 fan but you sound like one blinded by the media. 50 cent is a rapper but hes a very pop rapper thats lacking skill. Hes not true to the true roots of hip hop. He and many others have altered it heavily and commercialized it. Sold a thing of great importance to the african american community and true hip hoppers to the media just to make a quick buck.(but this is common with almost anything that gets popular)

The thing that I find funny is that most people that actually "buy"(not to say they don't listen) these pop rapper's cds or major fans of them are mainly rich and middle class whites or those that are unfamiliar with hip hop and or the lifestyle that 50 cent was once in)

Look at Erykah Badu's music video to her song called "love of my life". She potrays hip hop and shows all the changes that has happened to hip hop.(The good and the bad) And at the end of the video where its the present she goes on stage and sees a lot of fake ass looking people.(They look like the characters from the Poser Mobile commercials)

I don't like 50 cent cause hes a hypocrite and a liar, cashing in and destroying the hip hop culture. I liked him on Bulletproof cause he was a "bit" more real but now that I'm finding more about him, I'm finding him to be doused in lies and to be a betrayer of hip hop.

I'm a big rap fan. I'm a musician. I come from a family that loves music and that listens to music 24/7. I also plan on being a music producer and majoring in music, I also rap myself so I know good singing and rapping when I hear it and 50 cent is not. Its catchy but its not skilled.

I listen to old school music, neo soul, alternative hip, and if I'm near a radio, popular music and by growing up and listening to rap from the 80s-and 90s and comparing it to popular rap out thats now, yoy can easily see that rap has WENT DOWN. Its become cheap and cheesy. And whether your fan of him or not, 50 cent has contributed to the cheap and cheesyness that rap has become.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: InfinityXXX on 2006-02-21 22:29 ]</font>

do you have anything better to do then type mad long answers to what people say. you realize your trying to act hard over a ****ing computer right. lol *****es these dayz.

FOAtHeart
Feb 22, 2006, 05:16 PM
On 2006-02-21 22:41, InfinityXXX wrote:
I would like to say to those that sag "heavily" that the whole concept of sagging came from male prison. A person who sagged was someones "love slave"

False. (http://www.snopes.com/risque/homosex/sagging.asp)

BogusKun
Feb 22, 2006, 05:45 PM
On 2006-02-21 22:34, Dangerous55 wrote:

Oh well he's a moron, but then again I really think anyone who speaks in ebonics is pretty dumb.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dangerous55 on 2006-02-21 22:36 ]</font>

I know a whole lot of people who speak ebonics who are really smart. I don't know if you have a degree or profession... but people I know do. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

So maybe you haven't seen too much of the world.

Ebonics as you call it was pretty much born from the Slave-Masters... well... only because Africans/Slaves "dint no anglish"... Most Blacks who spoke ebonics just made it sound "betta ya dig" http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

EDIT: Just like to add that, I myself speak ebonics half the time I talk, but it doesn't seem that way on these boards because I have something called vocabulary.

I just love to properly spell my words because I know how.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: BogusKun on 2006-02-22 14:47 ]</font>

Dangerous55
Feb 22, 2006, 05:59 PM
On 2006-02-22 14:45, BogusKun wrote:

I know a whole lot of people who speak ebonics who are really smart. I don't know if you have a degree or profession... but people I know do. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

So maybe you haven't seen too much of the world.

Ebonics as you call it was pretty much born from the Slave-Masters... well... only because Africans/Slaves "dint no anglish"... Most Blacks who spoke ebonics just made it sound "betta ya dig" http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

EDIT: Just like to add that, I myself speak ebonics half the time I talk, but it doesn't seem that way on these boards because I have something called vocabulary.

I just love to properly spell my words because I know how.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: BogusKun on 2006-02-22 14:47 ]</font>

I've seen and heard plenty. I live in Reading, believe me it has it's far share of people who speak it. They sound stupid, may not be stupid, but they sound it.

Eihwaz
Feb 22, 2006, 06:24 PM
On 2006-02-22 14:08, trueprophecy wrote:
do you have anything better to do then type mad long answers to what people say. you realize your trying to act hard over a ****ing computer right. lol *****es these dayz.

You're the one trolling/flamebaiting, so why even ask that question?

BogusKun
Feb 22, 2006, 06:35 PM
On 2006-02-22 15:24, Eihwaz wrote:

You're the one trolling/flamebaiting, so why even ask that question?

I think this is a flame war myself... remember me Vs. barubary http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Those were the times http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

BogusKun
Feb 22, 2006, 07:43 PM
Anyways, this topic reminded me of the GREATEST 50 CENT TOPIC that ever lived on PSOW.

I read the whole thing and I laughed so hard in my school's computer room. People are lookin at me laugh boogers out my nose now.

http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?mode=viewtopic&topic=75632&forum=14&start=0

It's a crazy tale of 50 Cent... the people who used to like em... and how they hate him today.

InfinityXXX ^ is a good topic for you to read when I once dominated the PSOW FKL Long ago.

TheOneHero
Feb 22, 2006, 07:55 PM
After seeing a few posts in this thread by one particular member, I was reminded of a rant sometime ago:

http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?mode=viewtopic&topic=96340&forum=11&start=0

Trueproph- Stop flamin' those dawgs yo'!

I loathe 50 and pity all who look to him as an idol or like him; then I get worried when I realize these are the future world leaders. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

BogusKun
Feb 22, 2006, 08:05 PM
50 Cent is popular on PSOW... waiting for him to recognize us, and put us mainstream.

InfinityXXX
Feb 22, 2006, 08:05 PM
Hey thanks for the link OneHero and BogusKun,(gives me something to do tonight) Looks like I got a long read too.lol

BogusKun
Feb 22, 2006, 08:06 PM
On 2006-02-22 17:05, BogusKun wrote:
50 Cent is popular on PSOW... waiting for him to recognize us, and put us mainstream.

On 2006-02-22 17:05, InfinityXXX wrote:
Hey thanks for the link OneHero and BogusKun,(gives me something to do tonight) Looks like I got a long read too.lol

NO PROB MY SON ^_~

Trust me it gets more entertaining when I reply in the posts haha!

Wyndham
Feb 22, 2006, 10:10 PM
And a little more about 50 cent: I got into a discussion yesterday about this topic with my Girlfriend about this topic. We went through an entire analysis on the "Candy Shop" video I saw on tv. And now I can't look at 50 cent's picture without laughing. And we also talked about his videogame. we went through a short discusion of what it said on gamestop.com:

After getting' shot nine times and left for dead, 50 climbs from the jaws of death to exact revenge on his enemies. Working with his G-Unit soldiers - Lloyd Banks, Tony Yayo, and Young Buck - 50 takes on the most powerful gangs and crime syndicates in the city, uncovering a criminal conspiracy with international implications. This gritty urban action game, written by Terry Winter, Emmy Award winning Executive Producer of The Sopranos, also stars Eminem as Dectective McVicar and Dr. Dre as street-wise war veteran, Grizz.

He got shot. we know that, as it's been mentioned so many times in his career. 4 people with guns get revenge on "the most powerful gangs and crime syndicates". STOP! I'm pretty sure the most powerful gangs and crime syndicates all got to be the most powerful by not being able to be taken down by a sub-par rapper and his "soldiers". That's the kind of like heroes in videogames, not a role model making a "learning tool". then you have the big names that want to have their name attatched to the end, like always. And if he's not a self-serving sub-par pop rapper, why did he have the entire front be HIS FACE. Last time I was at a rental store, I saw one movie that had only one person's face on it, and that was "the grudge". and that was definitely not the creator and star of the movie on the box.

I think I'm going to be laughing even more, when people buy the latest version on PSP for 50$, when the PS2 and Xbox versions came out less than 4 months ago, and was quickly reduced in price from 50$ to 30$.
and lastly, a piece of the list of features on gamestop.com.

Over 60 minutes of cinematics bring this criminal masterpiece to life

Masterpiece, yes it is.

oh yes, and true... I'll take 9 bullets if I'm lying.

EJ
Feb 22, 2006, 10:54 PM

It obvious you are just flame baiting/trolling.
Also it's obvious you are typing like that to get attention so I put it simple stop acting like a dick.

Now on to the topic.

I personally don't like many rap or hip/hop songs because I'm just not into those type of songs.
50 cents I never liked him and trying to say his game was education was laughable. His lyrics are not very good or inspiring. All his songs sound the same and are quite lame and boring.

I actually prefer to listen to Eminem, yes I listen to him believe it or not since he is the few rap artist I actually like. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

OdinTyler
Feb 27, 2006, 08:44 AM
After drudging through this topic, I guess I could discuss this:

Let me start this on a common point. We know 50's been shot 9 times. So? Its so tired. We know this already. Stop saying it! LOL At least people here are sticking to downplaying what 50 has done without trying to make it Eminem's fault (for bringing 50 up) or Dre's fault (for bringing Em up). Also, as been said, 50's an adult & should take responsibility. I havent heard this new CD thats being talked about & from what I hear on this thread, I dont want to. I didnt see the movie, I didnt play the game. Idk if I want to either. Some of his older stuff I liked, but, Id need a translator sometimes cause I couldnt understand what he was always saying.
Its one thing when artists want to beef back & forth. Sometimes, they come up with some funny stuff. Battles can give some good material. But, when it becomes the same stuff over & over, then, ARTISTICALLY it becomes repetitive & not something everyone is going to want to hear. If you cant come up with new material or take your material in a new direction, its time to move on. As for street credit, street credit isnt everything they mention in songs. If you want credit on the streets or anywhere in life, theres certain values you have to have. Loyalty is mentioned & yes, its good to be loyal. What about honesty & integrity? If you personally dont like pop, ok. However, if you make half your career about putting it down then go release something pop sounding, thats just not right.
One thing in particular that I always disagreed with concerning what 50 has said was his life where hes from. Hes from Queens. Yay, hes from NY. But cmon, if you want to talk tough areas, what about The Bronx (where hip hop started)? What about Brooklyn (where its STILL bad there)? Harlem's still not doing too great either. I come from a place that has alot of ghetto-minded people here. Its been stereotyped by the media & those not in the know, time & again just because of where it is. Just because youre from here, doesnt mean you have to talk or act a certain way.
Ive spent most of my life living & working in such neighborhoods & despite seeing things on the street, you dont have to act like that. Ive seen ghetto in many places in this city area: Mt. Vernon & Brooklyn being some of the worst...far worse than where Im from. You can be from the hood & not BE hood. Also, if you want to act tough, fine. But as been said by people that MEANT it before, "If I could get out of the hood I would. I wouldnt look back." If youre really from such places, why the hell would you WANT to remember it? Say what you have to say then move on. Personally, I wouldnt want to remember such crap. If you grew up with a hard life in a hard part of town, the last thing you want to do is remember it.

BogusKun
Feb 27, 2006, 04:16 PM
I lost a friend in iraq. 9 shots is something.

But what these Marines go through in Iraq seem more gangster than what 50 been through. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Not to offend anyone.

Everyone doesn't like 50's direction, but as a black man... we and God still love 50 for helping others make money in the hood... such as Jadakiss and Nas http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

All Ya'll Need is the R.O.C. baby!
The Theif's Theme! They Gon' Play Me at Night!
I said you gots ta chill, cuz I kill at will!

BogusKun
Feb 27, 2006, 08:59 PM
Here we are...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v464/FreePics4u/others/50cent_michaeljackson.jpg

OdinTyler
Feb 28, 2006, 12:59 AM
Michael Jackson's gone ghetto! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif OMG He's black again! LOL

Atayin
Feb 28, 2006, 02:39 PM
I can't stand 50 cent.

I was watching a documentary about black entertainment one time and I remember a man making a very good point about a specific black entertainer. Who they were talking about at the time isn't important, though.. the principal applies in general.

"It's like the man who is sitting in the electric chair. If telling the executioner that his wife looks pretty will buy him 15 more seconds of life... He'll do it just to hang on, even if he hates the executioner and his wife. Some black entertainers who even oppose violence will rap about it for 15 more minutes of fame and fortune because it's what people want to hear. They know that if they decide to take on an image that isn't "hard", the switch will be thrown.. their career will be executed."

Good point. He didn't say it word for word that way, but that was the jist of it. A lot of "Gangsta" rappers aren't hard at all. Infact, close family friends of mine are directly related to 2 of the members of Bone Thugz N' Harmony. They have hilarious stories about how dorky those kids were. But they decided to start rapping... and, now they're 'thugs/gangsta' in the mainstream. What a screwed up world.

50 Cent and every artist like him has helped perpetuate a standard that people have become frighteningly comfortable with, both inside and outside of african american culture. A perfectly good genre has been ruined.. yet, it's more popular then ever. Ugh.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Atayin on 2006-02-28 11:40 ]</font>

BogusKun
Feb 28, 2006, 04:54 PM
Bone is a little different though. You can be a dorky thug... come to texas... a lot of smart gangsters here... some cant afford to do bad shit but they can get around that.

Bone THUGS N Harmony... they do a "sorta-darkseid" of rap/hiphop... but there is something different that makes them famous... because at the time there were limited entertainers who can do what they do.

Oh well... they were a group and thats only a 2 count. POP POP!

50 Cent just wants money and girls... he's black.

As far as gettin his money, he deserves it as a black man? It's just his money scheme is f'ed up. He will die alone with G G G G G-UNIT!

darthsaber9x9
Feb 28, 2006, 06:10 PM
To be fair, i'm not a huge rap fan, but the bone thugs really appeal to me. I dunno why, I just like their voice. I'm also a fan of the old rap of the 90's, 2pac et al.

So my point is erm...I hate 50cent and rap has gone downhill.

Atayin
Feb 28, 2006, 06:14 PM
On 2006-02-28 13:54, BogusKun wrote:

As far as gettin his money, he deserves it as a black man? It's just his money scheme is f'ed up. He will die alone with G G G G G-UNIT!

Do you realize how ignorant that came across? Judging from the way that was worded, I'm sure that you don't give a damn about what anybody "deserves as a black man" because it doesn't sound like you know what you're talking about.

I think you're really pushing it with those coments... Maybe you'd care to atleast rephrase or elaborate on some of the things you've said. I'm willing to assume that maybe you wrote hastily instead of properly thinking out a non-derogatory way to write out your thoughts.

Or does somebody being black provide you the right of passage to claim that they are superficial, sexist or materialistic? Because that's exactly what you've written. In that case, I suppose what I'm posting must not really matter. I'd better start figuring out a way to fill my life with money and one night stands... hell, I'm black. I deserve it, right?

EDIT: Had to relax and take a few things back myself. I'm not trying to toss insults or flame, but I still think this was a justified post.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Atayin on 2006-02-28 15:38 ]</font>

BogusKun
Feb 28, 2006, 09:45 PM
On 2006-02-28 15:14, Atayin wrote:

On 2006-02-28 13:54, BogusKun wrote:

Do you realize how ignorant that came across? Judging from the way that was worded, I'm sure that you don't give a damn about what anybody "deserves as a black man" because it doesn't sound like you know what you're talking about.

I think you're really pushing it with those coments... Maybe you'd care to atleast rephrase or elaborate on some of the things you've said. I'm willing to assume that maybe you wrote hastily instead of properly thinking out a non-derogatory way to write out your thoughts.

Or does somebody being black provide you the right of passage to claim that they are superficial, sexist or materialistic? Because that's exactly what you've written. In that case, I suppose what I'm posting must not really matter. I'd better start figuring out a way to fill my life with money and one night stands... hell, I'm black. I deserve it, right?

EDIT: Had to relax and take a few things back myself. I'm not trying to toss insults or flame, but I still think this was a justified post.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Atayin on 2006-02-28 15:38 ]</font>

Actually I don't really like 50 Cent's direction. That's why I set the question mark?

Geez. I love ZULU NATION they're all about peace for the black man for a better brotherhood. Only reason I leave jacked up messages is cuz im in class and I had to hurry up with my post.

I'm soo sorry<3

InfinityXXX
Mar 1, 2006, 12:13 AM
Lol at the 50 cent/Michael picture. Michael trying to act all hard lol j/k

About bone thugs and harmony. One of the rappers/bones (the one thats half native american) is from my state and I actually met him once.(LOL only 2 minute discussion)

I like Bone thugs and Harmony because they were...not really different.....but different. I know that sounds crazy but they were rapping like other rappers at the time but I just was drawn to them and I liked their sound.(Bone, Bone, Bone! lol)

I think it was because their music had a darker yet enlightning edge to it and their lyrics were hot. Their lyrics were focused more on what was going on in the black community especially during the whole east coast west coast thing.

Crossroads and First of the Month are 2 of my favorite songs by them. To bad I can't find their cd nowhere in town.

WashuSaotome
Mar 1, 2006, 01:27 AM
On 2006-02-22 16:43, BogusKun wrote:
Anyways, this topic reminded me of the GREATEST 50 CENT TOPIC that ever lived on PSOW.

I read the whole thing and I laughed so hard in my school's computer room. People are lookin at me laugh boogers out my nose now.

http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?mode=viewtopic&topic=75632&forum=14&start=0

It's a crazy tale of 50 Cent... the people who used to like em... and how they hate him today.

InfinityXXX ^ is a good topic for you to read when I once dominated the PSOW FKL Long ago.

That topic...

Was the best freakin' topic EVER.

That was a won-dah-fhul read... http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif The Ness vs Auto thing was just making me so angry... Fists were flying, and I wanted to throw a couple of punches at Auto... Sadly, 'twas too old.

...I'm gonna sing the Doom Song now.

OdinTyler
Mar 1, 2006, 08:48 AM
Crossroads is a good song AND video. I didnt really follow BTNH but back then, when that song was out, I was into them. Rap, like any other form of music, needs diversity & they definitely were something different. Not all rap needs to be hard or pop. Its about the material. What is said in the song is the most important. Sure, a good hook helps because it pulls you in. However, the message inside is what should make you a fan of the music. If its a good message, the artist did his/her thing. If its a bad message, well, that makes you take a second look at the artist.

Atayin
Mar 1, 2006, 02:41 PM
Well, I don't follow Bone Thugz much and never did. All that I know is that I've been told repeatedly by some of their family that a couple of the members are nothing at all like their mainstream image says.

BogusKun
Mar 1, 2006, 05:23 PM
Follow DRUNKEN TIGER!

Follow my friend ROSCOE UMALI!

they are hip-hop http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif