PDA

View Full Version : Offline Quest Help in Ultimate for Hucast

DeLegato
Feb 8, 2006, 11:29 PM
My brother's character is a Hucast (Redria, lvl 156) and generally good at taking care of himself. However, there are a few quests that take place in Ruins that require you to protect the incredibly stupid AI and without the use of resta and only having a limited supply of Star Atomizers, I know it will be very difficult to beat them. So any of you Hucast masters out there feel free to give me any advice you can.

In case you're wondering, I need to beat the quests left to unlock them all so I can do some rare hunting.

Ketchup345
Feb 8, 2006, 11:35 PM
Have you tried stocking an extra 10 in the bank?

Also, it may be possible to keep NPCs out of battle by getting them stuck behind something.

Also make sure to get some good use out of your traps.

Forte1224
Feb 8, 2006, 11:46 PM
NPC's WILL use items when they have to. 80% of the time anyways.

DeLegato
Feb 8, 2006, 11:52 PM
Ketchup345:

There is another set of Star Atomizers in the bank, but I was hoping for a method that does not involve the use of any of them since they pretty rare.

In my experience, getting NPC's stuck only works some of the time, sometimes they get themselves unstuck. Besides once you teleport to another section (different level or within the same level) they come with you.

Forte1224:

I guess I just had bad luck. While playing through the quests with my main character (Humar, 164), the computer rarely healed themselves in anyway regardless of whether there were enemies left or not.

Scopes
Feb 9, 2006, 09:24 PM
Well, I have a HuMar, but I usuaully get mad at the AI and make them fend for themselves, granted they sometimes get residual healing from me (I normally drop a weak mob on them, then divert all the other enemies, and take them out.)

But what works fairly well is get the AI worrying about something that can't do too much damamge to them, then run away. Go take care of the rest of the monsters, and hopefully the NPC won't have checwed their way through the weenie. Conversley (dependant on the NPC), you could just rush into a room and slaughter everything. (I have no problem with Ult quests, and I'm 104, granted trickin' a black king bar...)

All else fails, get a decent gun, and LR everything. A lot of rooms you can have the NPC safely in the last room, and the enemies will mob you at the door. Of course, if yer too close to the door, they can target you, but not visa-versa.

And a last-resort, I-tired-so-to-the-blazes-with-it, strategy is to run into the room, do a lap, and on yer way back to the door, go trap happy, so they don't set off in a line. As the enemies follow you, they run into traps. You leave the room, they go back to their default positions, you run back in, they head back for the traps. (And I'm not making that from speculation, before my RaCast could hit anything, melee or ranged, I had to do that.

Hope SOME of that helps. EDIT: Missed you'd said ruins. A lot of those stratigies are based for the ruins, just keep the AI away from Claws (the gat'dang weenies get so hard later, where the bigges just gimme more exp ;P). Usually the AI will be fine fighting one Marlan, or up to 5 (Whichever quest you have the force following you in the ruins, she did fine.) Just, as I said, keep the claws away from them, same with 'sabers, and yer bro's char should do just fine.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Scopes on 2006-02-09 18:27 ]</font>

PJ
Feb 9, 2006, 09:32 PM
Hmmm, odd. It didn't seem very hard for my HUcast or HUcaseal to be able to finish the Ruins quests pre level 100 (As in like, 95-99).

Use traps, and go back to town when you run out. If the enemies are frozen, they can't really hit your partner much.

Saiffy
Feb 9, 2006, 09:54 PM
On 2006-02-09 18:32, PJ wrote:
Use traps, and go back to town when you run out. If the enemies are frozen, they can't really hit your partner much.

That's probably the best and only thing a droid can do when they have a NPC partner. WAY too many people are trap stingy, I've noticed >_>

I was able to solo easier in the ruins with droids sooner than any other character(Besides my FOnewm, obviously http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif). Sure, I ran back to town a lot to refill traps, but it got the job done without dying.

Scopes
Feb 10, 2006, 08:55 PM
My RaCast never uses traps. Does that make him a bad person?

Ooh wait, he's a robot ;P

DeLegato
Feb 14, 2006, 10:54 PM
Thanks for your advice everyone.

I am aware of the usefullness of traps, I was mostly looking for some super-secret way to make the quests easier.

PJ:
That reminds me of a recommended level guide that says one should be about lvl 125 before beating Dark Falz. After many attempts to do so at that level, I believe those were random numbers or that person is the best PSO player ever. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

I honestly cannot imagine beating those quests while having a level under 100. I beat all the quests a few weeks ago with my lvl 150+ humar, but I had to retry a couple of missions because the stupid AI likes to stand in one spot taking hits from Dark Bringers and Indi Belras (one would think that any level 199 character would be incapable of dieing in Episode 1).