PDA

View Full Version : Always angry Muslims

Jehosaphaty
Feb 9, 2006, 04:27 PM
http://apnews.myway.com//article/20060209/D8FLPSLG2.html

It seems that Muslims could quite possibly be some of the most easily offended people in history. I was also interested that they would put out public death threats against the cartoonists. Just curious if anyone else had been reading this in the news.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jehosaphaty on 2006-02-09 13:28 ]</font>

rena-ko
Feb 9, 2006, 04:36 PM
ever since the christians invaded their countries during the crusades... or did you only have the history of the USA in school?

ABDUR101
Feb 9, 2006, 04:52 PM
Unless you understand the importance of the beleifs they have, really, don't comment.

Islam is very strict, it is a way of life, in all aspects. You don't haphazardly pick and choose what you want to follow when you live in an Islamic society, as Islam pretty much dictates the law.

Depicting the Prophet is VERY taboo, so to have a non-muslim draw a picture of the last messenger of God, with a bomb strapped to his head, is outright blaspheme. As offensive as it is to draw a cartoony muslim stereo-type with a bomb strapped to them, to draw the last messenger of God in such a light is quite outrageous.

Sure, everyone see's funny pictures with Jesus all the time on the internet, and you can laugh, even if you're christian and beleive without a doubt in Jesus and so on, but in Islam, convictions rise higher on the ladder than mere humor.

But, in a world de-sensitized to such things, a muslim being outraged at what is blatant ignorance, of course, it's the muslims fault for getting upset. Surely it would'nt be the ignorant connotation behind the item that is upsetting them, and certainly not the people who drew it.

Really, when I see images like that, I wonder what would happen if someone drew alot of racial stereotypes and plopped them in the major newspapers here in America.

Put a nice big black guy, bubba-lips, sucking on a watermelon and have the picture read "Martin Luther King Jr." and see what happens, right? And Martin Luther King. Jr wasn't even a religious figure to the extent of the last Prophet, but in America, very much an important person for the rights of people everywhere(much to the degree of what Muhhamad proclaimed as well, actually.).

Charmander02
Feb 9, 2006, 05:25 PM
On 2006-02-09 13:27, Jehosaphaty wrote:
http://apnews.myway.com//article/20060209/D8FLPSLG2.html

It seems that Muslims could quite possibly be some of the most easily offended people in history. I was also interested that they would put out public death threats against the cartoonists. Just curious if anyone else had been reading this in the news.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jehosaphaty on 2006-02-09 13:28 ]</font>

They dont get angry, they're just serios about their religion.

Almost too serios.

Jehosaphaty
Feb 9, 2006, 09:51 PM
As a matter of fact, I just finished a course in the Crusades. I was being mildly sarcastic which doesn't lend itself well reading wise, but mostly just making an observation on the fact that they are easily offended, which makes a lot of sense considering what you had to say abdur, and what I already knew from class/my own looking into Islam. I do find it interesting that Islam refuses to adapt to society in certain ways whereas Christianity seems to adapt so much that it loses much of its original clout. And I can see why Islam doesn't in some aspects. Anyways, no disrespect meant to any who are Muslims, just making an observation: An unsubstantiated one, so for future reference, I'll make sure to say more than something simlpe and easily taken that I was trying to be offensive.

Kent
Feb 9, 2006, 09:53 PM
On 2006-02-09 14:25, Charmander02 wrote:

Almost too serios.

What was that? Death threats to cartoonists is almost too serious?

I feel sorry for anyone willing to kill over religion.

I could understand being offended, I could understand being greatly offended (as both of these are completely within reason), but taking it to an extent where you'll threaten and/or hurt/kill anyone over it, is just pitiful.

hollowtip
Feb 9, 2006, 10:33 PM
On 2006-02-09 13:52, ABDUR101 wrote:

Really, when I see images like that, I wonder what would happen if someone drew alot of racial stereotypes and plopped them in the major newspapers here in America.

You ever seen Family Guy? If you want to see racial stereotyping then please just watch one episode. But you know what's great about it? It stereotypes every ethnic background. Sure Family Guy has seen it's share of criticism because of this, but on a whole, it's accepted because ironically, it doesn't discriminate.

KaFKa
Feb 9, 2006, 10:43 PM
Abdur, I think we can all at least respect where the muslims are coming from in their angry protests.

Problem is, In cases like This (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060208/ap_on_re_mi_ea/prophet_drawings_133;_ylt=AoH37ePMkD2OFfz17TcUNZPb EfQA;_ylu=X3oDMTBiMW04NW9mBHNlYwMlJVRPUCUl) In wich the muslims lash out against the US Just because 'it's the U.S.' and use the comics as an excuse, is when we stop looking at it respectfully and start looking at it in reality.

I know this is going to sound racist, but a large portion of middle eastern Muslims are worthy of nothing more than death, outright.

ABDUR101
Feb 9, 2006, 10:59 PM
I'm not condoning the death threats, nor the remarks being shouted "Down with Isreal and America", but we have more than enough idiots right here in America, so of course every other part of the world has their own idiots, albiet in certain parts, more extreme than others.

But, atleast understand that the anger is warranted, and maybe abit of putting yourself in their shoes in regard to outlook. But definitely no need for the threats and the burning of embassies. Protesting is one thing, outright attacking and rioting that injures other innocents is another, and entirely against Islam itself.

AUTO_
Feb 10, 2006, 04:00 PM
On 2006-02-09 19:59, ABDUR101 wrote:
rioting that injures other innocents is another, and entirely against Islam itself.

That's another huge misconception people have about Islam...even between people of the Islam faith. Islam is kind of perceived as a violent practice, when the actual teachings are pretty far from it (especially on the killing of innocent people).

Thalui89
Feb 10, 2006, 05:01 PM
Islam does not dictate the law. The things the courrpted preachgers are saying are actually lies according to my next door neighbour who is turkish. Its a load of BS the morons are preaching. They have altyered the holy book to their own will so what they preach is incorrect.

ABDUR101
Feb 10, 2006, 05:11 PM
On 2006-02-10 14:01, Thalui89 wrote:
Islam does not dictate the law. The things the courrpted preachgers are saying are actually lies according to my next door neighbour who is turkish. Its a load of BS the morons are preaching. They have altyered the holy book to their own will so what they preach is incorrect.

Not all the Imams are perfect, you're going to have extremist Imams just as you will have extremists of every faith.

And yes, Islam does, to a great degree, dictate the law. Depends entirely in which country you are in reference to, but all the same.

And no, the Quran has not been altered. What they are saying is, if anything, corrupting the dictation of what the Quran says(taking it out of context for their own means, much like many do to every other religious text when they seek to improve their own means through inciting the masses).

Daikarin
Feb 10, 2006, 10:49 PM
I think God doesn't bless violence.

Uncle_bob
Feb 11, 2006, 12:52 AM
On 2006-02-09 14:25, Charmander02 wrote:

Almost too serios.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v73/UncleBob/JustALittleSerious2.jpg

Just a little too serious.

Dangerous55
Feb 11, 2006, 03:09 AM
I bet alot of Europeans now realize how fucking extreme alot of those people are down there.

Where the hell do they get the Danish flags to burn?

KaFKa
Feb 11, 2006, 07:01 AM
On 2006-02-11 00:09, Dangerous55 wrote:

I was wondering that myself, for a third-world country in poor econimic standing, they're pretty damned resourceful when it comes to getting things they want.

Daikarin
Feb 11, 2006, 07:10 AM
I bet alot of Europeans now realize how fucking extreme alot of those people are down there.

I think 9/11 was enough to make the world see that.

Some muslims are getting their views twisted. Their beliefs in God are getting poisoned by the need to get extreme about a point of view. Do the cartoonists draw to hurt someone? Or to make a point of view? And those radicals, do they actually burn down stuff to make a point of view? Or to hurt someone? Who are the real sinners here, the passive ones drawing their criticism on a passive piece of paper? Or the active ones, destroying everything in the name of God? If it's wrong to avenge something for someone, how can it be good to avenge something for God?

Yeah, God doesn't bless violence.

I know about their laws of not "Depicting or drawing Mohammed or Allah", which I won't comment since it's their law. I will hardly comment on their refusal to eat meat that wasn't killed in the name of God; how women are forbidden to work in parlaments despite what Mohammed's wife job was; How men can marry a non-Islamic woman, but women can't marry a non-Islamic man; How men are authorized to beat up their wives for disobedience;

And how people are supposed to fear Allah and expect for his mercy at all times. What kind of God has people look for salvation after death? Kinda takes away the purpose in life, doesn't it?

I'm not saying Muslim's laws are senseless - Most do have a good base among them, with honorable principles. But they have undergone some wrong twists, which serve to deteriorate the whole religion. I'm sure there are muslim people who can see this too.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Daikarin on 2006-02-11 04:24 ]</font>

SorceressofTime
Feb 11, 2006, 07:52 AM
On 2006-02-11 04:01, KaFKa wrote:

I was wondering that myself, for a third-world country in poor econimic standing, they're pretty damned resourceful when it comes to getting things they want.

They need to buy the flags before they burn it though. XD