PDA

View Full Version : Gamefront.de Rumor - PSU for the 360

Ryna
Feb 9, 2006, 09:42 PM
Gamefront.de put up a translated version of EGM's rumor column today. Here is the article:

Meldungen aus der EGM

10.02.06 - Hier sind neue Meldungen aus der Gerüchterubrik der EGM (Electronic Gaming Monthly).

- Auf dem Xbox Live Marktplatz sollen für die Xbox 360 bald kostenpflichtige Xbox 1 Spiele angeboten werden, die sich herunterladen lassen.

- Der PC-Shooter F.E.A.R. erscheint 2006 für die Xbox 360.

- Phantasy Star Universe erscheint für Xbox 360, wenige Monate nach der PS2-Version. Beginnt man auf der PlayStation2 zu spielen, kann man später seinen Online-Charakter auf die Xbox 360 übernehmen (alle Daten werden im Gegensatz zu Phantasy Star Online auf dem Server von Sega gespeichert)

After running it through the Google translator...

Messages from the EGM 10,02,06 - here are new messages from the rumor column of the EGM (electronics Gaming Monthly). - are to be offered to 1 play, which can be downloaded on the Xbox Live market place for the Xbox 360 soon liable to pay the costs Xbox. - the PC Shooter F.E.A.R. appears 2006 for the Xbox 360. -

Phantasy star of university verses appears to 360 for Xbox, few months after the PS2-Version. If one begins to play on the PlayStation2, one can take over its on-line character later on the Xbox 360 (all data are stored contrary to Phantasy star on-line one on the server by Sega)

That appears to be from EGM's rumor column, so take it with a grain of salt.

Kimil
Feb 9, 2006, 09:44 PM
Doesn't apply to me, not getting the 360, just the PS3

OdinTyler
Feb 9, 2006, 10:06 PM
If you read the translation, you can tell its baloney. Even with the server-side saving, Xbox is on a totally different service. It would have different servers & thus, you wouldnt be able to access your chars. Youd have to buy a separate version. Guys, this is just a rumor. Dont believe the hype!

Inazuma
Feb 9, 2006, 10:11 PM
i find it hard to believe considering the xbox360 is a total failure.

itd be most likely to go to the ps3.

OdinTyler
Feb 9, 2006, 10:12 PM
What would be the point of it going to PS3? Its already going to be on PS2. The only way PS3 would see PSU is if it were an enhanced version like a V2 or an Episode II type thing.

Tystys
Feb 9, 2006, 10:21 PM
On 2006-02-09 19:12, OdinTyler wrote:
What would be the point of it going to PS3? Its already going to be on PS2. The only way PS3 would see PSU is if it were an enhanced version like a V2 or an Episode II type thing.

Why are you so negative towards Next Gen?

OdinTyler
Feb 9, 2006, 10:26 PM
On 2006-02-09 19:21, Tystys wrote:

Im being realistic. Realistic about a game that hasnt even been released yet. Realistic about the fact that Sega has even said that it was a possible idea, but, not guaranteed that PSU would be a next-gen game. Realistic because ppl continuously ask the same things over & over when questions have been answered. Finally, realistic about the fact that despite Sega being tight lipped about alot, theyve made clear their choices for where PSU is & why, & yet ppl question it as if Sega never said anything. I just dont understand that...

Kent
Feb 9, 2006, 10:47 PM
On 2006-02-09 19:11, Inazuma wrote:
i find it hard to believe considering the xbox360 is a total failure.

itd be most likely to go to the ps3.

...Heh.

That's kinda funny. It's a little early to be saying the PS3 isn't a failure, don't you think? I mean, we don't even have any gameplay footage out, to judge it on, or anything. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif

Let's not forget, though, that it was already stated that if PSU is going to be on another system, it will be the Xbox 360, according to an interview.

So... I wouldn't doubt it.

Ether
Feb 9, 2006, 11:35 PM
On 2006-02-09 19:21, Tystys wrote:

PS3 is backwards compatible, thus PSU is already on the system in a sense. 360 and Rev dont have any version coming their way, so I'd imagine them more likely to get a port if there is one

GaijinPUnch
Feb 10, 2006, 12:52 AM
I smell shit.

Brus
Feb 10, 2006, 04:34 AM
On 2006-02-09 19:06, OdinTyler wrote:
If you read the translation, you can tell its baloney. Even with the server-side saving, Xbox is on a totally different service. It would have different servers & thus, you wouldnt be able to access your chars. Youd have to buy a separate version. Guys, this is just a rumor. Dont believe the hype!

Although I do belive this report is completely BS and it probably wont be on 360 (watch the website prove me wrong in like half an hour haha) I thinhk you still might be able to access your chars from 360 despite being on a seperate service... Arent they doing that with FFXI for 360 or can they not play with PC and PS2 people... not quite sure.

DarK-SuN
Feb 10, 2006, 08:14 AM
You're right, Brus.
FFXI isn't using the XBL service, it's using Squarenix's own service.
Wouldn't be too farfetched if PSU for the 360 also used ST's own service to be crossplatform compatible instead of using XBL like PSOX did (which ruined it).

Yummi
Feb 10, 2006, 08:50 AM
On 2006-02-09 19:06, OdinTyler wrote:

Hmm, I actually believe its quite possible, but before we get into that crossplatforming isn't all too unheard of these days. More and more games are going to come with crossplatforming gameplay it's a way for companies to bridge the gap between consoles and increase their playerbase without caitering to just one console. You would have to buy another version of PSU for xbox360..yea and, this may sound stupid to some people, but i know alot of gamers who played ffxi on a different version and bought 360 just to play with better graphics.

That's a players choice. Anyway, server side saving is just that. It saves the account info on the server side so crossplatforming the game, with server-side saving, you'd be able to access your character on any console or PC if the game came out for it.

I think alot of the evidence that this rumor is not at all unlikely points to the fact that it was once slated for x-box, the gamers response to PSU overall up to now has been a good one considering the level of exposure it has, and theres alot of anticipation for the game. Bringing this game out on more platforms would be one of the more logical steps in increasing playerbase, subscriptions,and notoriety.

Until they officially announce it, I wouldnt run out and buy a 360 just to play PSU just yet. I personally think this rumor is pretty believable in any case and it would be welcoming to have more players in the PSU realm when I start. I guess we'll see

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Yummi on 2006-02-10 05:59 ]</font>

OdinTyler
Feb 10, 2006, 11:14 AM
However, ppl are forgetting the fact that Xbox has done horribly in Japan. True, the X360 is a new system & is clearly better than its predecessor. Still, it left a bad taste in Sega's mouth & Idk if theyd be willing to go that route again. Of course, if PSU does remarkably well, its entirely possible. Im not saying its not. Just saying its way too premature to speculate on that when the sheer fact is that the game isnt out anywhere. Therefore, we have another year or so to relax before youd really wonder what if.

Yummi
Feb 10, 2006, 02:12 PM
On 2006-02-10 08:14, OdinTyler wrote:
However, ppl are forgetting the fact that Xbox has done horribly in Japan. True, the X360 is a new system & is clearly better than its predecessor. Still, it left a bad taste in Sega's mouth & Idk if theyd be willing to go that route again. Of course, if PSU does remarkably well, its entirely possible. Im not saying its not. Just saying its way too premature to speculate on that when the sheer fact is that the game isnt out anywhere. Therefore, we have another year or so to relax before youd really wonder what if.

Xbox has done horribly in japan for technical difficulties they had to do a recall. Same glitches alot of the US xboxes have as well so that's besides the point. Now, lets look at regional information. Regardless what the sales are in japan, the sales in united states for it to be released here by Segaofamerica is all that really matters.

True the game isn't out yet,and you say to relax and all we can do is wonder if. That's pretty much what every post on the forum is about right now, is wondering if. It's basically 'wondering if' it doesnt come out. The PSU info given so far says it will be released for ps2 and PC, but saying it is highly unlikely to be released for any other system is a big 'what if'.

Im sure EGM aren't just speculating out the butt. There is likely some source that they are hearing from for them to believe it may be slated for release on xbox360. What's the point in forums if you dont talk about things??..that would include the "what ifs" >.>

I wonder why you are so against the new console line OT lol.

OdinTyler
Feb 10, 2006, 03:15 PM
Well, lets see. Ive been right about things before. Maybe listening to what I have to say would be a good idea? Besides, Im going on what has been confirmed, not speculation about systems. Now, speculation about what the game is like, what it has, what we can do, etc all that is good & fun, & of course, we all can discuss that as it helps with the wait. Im all for that. I just dont see why wondering what ifs when those in charge have already said what they have.

Tystys
Feb 10, 2006, 03:29 PM
On 2006-02-09 21:52, GaijinPUnch wrote:
I smell shit.

Ahah, http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Yummi
Feb 10, 2006, 05:50 PM
On 2006-02-10 12:15, OdinTyler wrote:
Well, lets see. Ive been right about things before. Maybe listening to what I have to say would be a good idea?

um.. maybe if i were in a cult i'd let you think for me. The sun will set tomorrow... im right about that so everyone should listen to me too.

Besides, Im going on what has been confirmed, not speculation about systems. Now, speculation about what the game is like, what it has, what we can do, etc all that is good & fun, & of course, we all can discuss that as it helps with the wait. Im all for that. I just dont see why wondering what ifs when those in charge have already said what they have.

Last time i check did ST officially release a statement saying "We will not release PSU for no other system on a later date."? If not, then it can be discussed as reasonable speculation. It hasn't been confirmed or unconfirmed if it will be released on any other system than PC or PS2. Till it is confirmed either way it still remains speculation, kthnx.

A gaming magazines function is to bring you the latest game gossip, facts, rumors, and reviews. I'll say EGM with probably good reason said it may be released on 360. I doubt someone was just sitting there and decided to type an article about it during release date. I'm sure they had some kind of source that they based it off of that they could say 'maybe' it'll be released or not. If it's not released for 360 no big deal that's the business of speculation,but I disagree with you calling a rumor baloney mainly because you hate next gen consoles I tke it EGM is more credible even on their speculations than you are when it comes to PSU.

Tystys
Feb 10, 2006, 07:35 PM
XPLAY FTW...and Game Informer.
Odin, just calm down a lil dude. Not saying you're getting outta hand, just saying that it's always nice to dream, is it not? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

OdinTyler
Feb 10, 2006, 11:46 PM
Oh dont worry about me, Im calm. Im just not gonna buy into every lil BS thing I read. I speculate just as anyone else would but I know when to tell BS from truth, especially when its far too early when other more relevant info should be forth coming. Also, anyone who would pick apart what Ive been saying here needs to examine why they believe what they do, not why I believe what I do.
As for the cult reference, thats a tad bit immature. You might want to think about how you approach me & remember that you wouldnt want to be insulted. Thats all Im saying about that.
Everyone else, you can want a million things for this game. It doesnt mean it will happen, including it being on the system you want. Theres many games Ive wanted to come out on the system I wanted & didnt. Yeah, it bothered me, but, I accepted it. I accept it because its reality. Reality in this case being that for a game that hasnt been released & no word from ST that a next-gen version was even planned in the immediate or near future, its just really getting ahead of oneself to want a game changed or moved that has yet to even exist.

Tystys
Feb 11, 2006, 01:08 AM
Well, I've gotta hand it to him. He speaks the truth, heh.

Yummi
Feb 11, 2006, 02:25 AM
As for the cult reference, thats a tad bit immature. You might want to think about how you approach me & remember that you wouldnt want to be insulted. Thats all Im saying about that.

Well, lets see. Ive been right about things before. Maybe listening to what I have to say would be a good idea?

No insults, i have no issues with you I dont mind your opinion. It's basically you saying no one should discuss what they want because you have it all figured out. "Maybe listening to what I have to say would be a good idea?"

On 2006-02-10 20:46, OdinTyler wrote:
Reality in this case being that for a game that hasnt been released & no word from ST that a next-gen version was even planned in the immediate or near future,

Reality is there hasn't even been a word on the actual US release date. Again, show me were ST denies that it won't come out for xbox360 or any future gen platforms and I'll agree whole-heartedly.

its just really getting ahead of oneself to want a game changed or moved that has yet to even exist.

Changed or moved how? If it came out for any other system you'd likely be stil playing on ps2 or pc so tell me how that's considered moving. In my mind the more systems the merrier. I'm not advocating anything other than that the rumor doesn't seem too far fetched to me. You can call it baloney but the truth is these people daytime jobs are to research games if they come up with a rumor it has some basis, credible or not. From the official info given there is nothing to confirm nor deny this rumor. Fact is PSU WAS slated for xbox, but the system is tieing off the games earlier than other consoles thanks to 360 release. Why is it so hard to believe that the title was picked up on the new system?

kazuma56
Feb 11, 2006, 02:42 AM
Was PSU really coming to Xbox or was that just speculation from the PSU showing at E3 prior?. What I remember is that PSU was slated for EVERY current generation console from that showing (last year) and then was later said to be a PS2 and PC ONLY release.

There's 2 things that make me think this rumor is false.

1) from my knowledge, X360's Japan launch wasn't even near what the MS had expected and many 360's were "still on the shelf" in many various outlets.

2) For PSU to hit X360, it'd have to be released in Japan first, because ST would never alienate its "home" consumers, and Yuji Naka said it himself "The reason the PS2 and PC where chosen was because they have the BIGGEST market for the game"...I don't think they'd want to waste money making a game on a system that has staggering numbers compared to the other 2 systems it will be released on.

Ancient
Feb 11, 2006, 07:59 AM
Its only been a couple months and people are already calling the 360 a failure? Exactly what defines a success? If success is measured only in having a strangle hold on the market then Nintendo hasnt had a successful console in a decade. Last I checked though, a console's real success is based on the company's profit (from games and such), and I havent heard anything about M$ loosing money on either generation of Xbox.
Nobody thought Rockstar would anger the great and all powerful Sony Monster to bring the GTA series to Xbox, but they did. And they certainly didnt think there would ever be anything by the name Final Fantasy on an Xbox system either. If PSU was made to run on PC, then porting it over for the 360 would be far less difficult than many other consoles, which lessens the ammount of money Sega would have to invest in the version. If there was any console other than PS2 or PC that was to get PSU, the 360 is the most likely candidate. And the name of the game in MMO's (whether you think its one or not, it still follows the same buisness model) is always to expand your user base.
Thats all speculation of course. But I've been reading the Q section since EGM first started it (like forever ago), and the guy is accurate about 90% of the time. I havent started looking for a place to pre-order it yet, but I dont see the reason to fight the idea of a port so much. If you're not going to get the game, cause you dont like Xbox, fine. But stop trying to argue about something that wont concern you in the end anyway. People here are trying have possitive outlook.

OdinTyler
Feb 11, 2006, 09:52 AM
Kaz: Thank you. At least someone's listening & willing to pay attention that the facts just arent adding up.

Ancient: The X360 isnt a failure overall. I know I didnt say that. It dominated the con back in Oct (as far as video games). Just that the Xbox did horribly in Japan & X360 may follow suit. It might not. Never said one way or the other. Its just that based on how Xbox didnt do as well, Sega (just one company) may not be so quick to put PS on it. Sure, now other games it will. The Japanese market (unlike others) is very fickle. They like one thing then they go to the next. Other countries have various factions within them: ranging from RPGs to sports to puzzle to you name it. Based on what Ive seen of the X360 Im sure it will do ok. However, it just needs to do better than release non stop FPS games as a staple.

Tystys
Feb 11, 2006, 10:19 AM
Something tells me with all the new support from Japanese developers that the 360 has will make it a success in Japan. Also, I don't believe they're making any money off of the 360, either. Why? Out of The 20 thousand odd students in my school, it seems that only a few of them have a 360. Why? Because it costs to much, the game prices are going up rapidly, and there has already been many complaints about it. I think Microsoft screwed their chances of really taking in the American audience. Let's hope SONY doesn't follow suit.

MXdude
Feb 11, 2006, 10:33 AM
it just needs to do better than release non stop FPS games as a staple.

PSU isnt a FPS is it. Well there is your answer http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif As for saying its impossible to transfer characters because they are on different servers, it really isnt. computers read in binary, so basicly all ST would have to do, is know that the player is going to move to the 360, then just send over that players info for all their characters over to the 360 server. But i doutb this will happen since iv heard over and over again that the servers are crossplatform, why would they leave the 360 out of the loop and keep the ps2 and pc together, but have teh 360 all alone? O.o

OT if i had a full glass of water then drink half of it, how much is in it? lol just be openminded think of the GOOD not the BAD.

OdinTyler
Feb 11, 2006, 12:16 PM
On 2006-02-11 07:33, MXdude wrote:
PSU isnt a FPS is it.

OT if i had a full glass of water then drink half of it, how much is in it? lol just be openminded think of the GOOD not the BAD.

1. No, but the Xbox has more FPS on it than anything. The key to a good system is variety. Why do you think the PS2 is number 1?

2. How much water is in the glass? Id say: the half that you didnt drink yet?

Tystys
Feb 11, 2006, 12:23 PM
PSU has like ONE FPS element in it. That's aiming with guns.

OdinTyler
Feb 11, 2006, 12:24 PM
Youre missing the point of what I said.

DizzyDi
Feb 11, 2006, 12:28 PM
I dun see whats the big deal. This really shouldn't come as a surprise. MMOs last years and years on average. For PSU to be ported to the 360 is just extending its life cycle, and its a smart move for ST to do. Not only that but Sega has already announced several titles for the 360, its not surprisiing that PSU MAY ceom to the 360. Right now its the perfect online console out there, it just makes sense.

OdinTyler
Feb 11, 2006, 12:31 PM
On 2006-02-11 09:28, DizzyDi wrote:
For PSU to be ported to the 360 is just extending its life cycle

Ok guys, read my lips:

THE...GAME...ISNT...OUT...YET!

You talk as if PSU has been out for a year or 2. Does it really make sense to speculate on translation when even the Japanese...you know, the creators of the game...dont have it yet? Seriously, this topic is not making any sense.

DizzyDi
Feb 11, 2006, 12:35 PM
On 2006-02-11 09:24, OdinTyler wrote:
Youre missing the point of what I said.

Even though the game isn't out yet, by porting it to the 360 means that it will last longer. More consoles = more subscribers = more money for ST = more support for the game = happier subscribers = more subscribers = the game will have a pretty long life span.

OdinTyler
Feb 11, 2006, 12:37 PM
Thats alot of = signs. You sure that would mathematically add up? Idk, Id have to consult Charlie Epps from NUMB3RS...

Kano-Okami
Feb 11, 2006, 12:50 PM
On 2006-02-11 04:59, Ancient wrote:
Its only been a couple months and people are already calling the 360 a failure? Exactly what defines a success? If success is measured only in having a strangle hold on the market then Nintendo hasnt had a successful console in a decade. Last I checked though, a console's real success is based on the company's profit (from games and such), and I havent heard anything about M$ loosing money on either generation of Xbox.
Nobody thought Rockstar would anger the great and all powerful Sony Monster to bring the GTA series to Xbox, but they did. And they certainly didnt think there would ever be anything by the name Final Fantasy on an Xbox system either. If PSU was made to run on PC, then porting it over for the 360 would be far less difficult than many other consoles, which lessens the ammount of money Sega would have to invest in the version. If there was any console other than PS2 or PC that was to get PSU, the 360 is the most likely candidate. And the name of the game in MMO's (whether you think its one or not, it still follows the same buisness model) is always to expand your user base.
Thats all speculation of course. But I've been reading the Q section since EGM first started it (like forever ago), and the guy is accurate about 90% of the time. I havent started looking for a place to pre-order it yet, but I dont see the reason to fight the idea of a port so much. If you're not going to get the game, cause you dont like Xbox, fine. But stop trying to argue about something that wont concern you in the end anyway. People here are trying have possitive outlook.

Truer words could not have been said.
We all know that its a rumor at the time, though if it were to port to another system, the 360 is the most likely suitor,
I really don't see what all this commotion is about..

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kano-Okami on 2006-02-11 09:57 ]</font>

fronebullare
Feb 11, 2006, 01:15 PM
On 2006-02-09 19:12, OdinTyler wrote:

Graphics http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_yes.gif

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Feb 11, 2006, 01:56 PM
I'd like to see it on XBOX 360,

see an XBOX 360 in a store and actually be able to get one,

added voice chat support- with no 5 second XBOX LIVE PSO lag -

oh and ST actually support it, unlike PSOX.

Competent voice chat > typing only.

Kent
Feb 11, 2006, 05:18 PM
http://ps2.ign.com/articles/650/650101p1.html

IGN: So is there an Xbox version under consideration?

Miyoshi: There's no plan yet. Although if we did it, it would be on Xbox 360 and not Xbox.
...ZOMG Speculation! Nothing worth getting your panties in a knot about, though.

Alisha
Feb 11, 2006, 05:28 PM
given egm's track record with rumors i wouldnt be suprised if this ends up being true.i dont know if anyone remembers this but a few years ago egm had a rumor that said the next pso game would have a full offline rpg as well as an online one

Atayin
Feb 11, 2006, 07:25 PM
I wouldn't be surprised at all if this game were released for 360. It's all just speculation, but it's still possible. ..That isn't to say that I WANT it released for 360. Personally, I hate the 360, and if it DOES get released for that platform, I'd like to see it result in better sales for PSU... and NOT for the 360. But, whatever. I think that Microsoft has helped contribute to the steady decline of modern gaming, but I won't get into that.

What matters to me is that PSU is coming out for PC and PS2. This much, we know for certain. This means that I can buy PSU and be happy, so it's all good in the end. What I wouldn't understand, though is.. if it WERE coming out for 360, why wouldn't they have promoted it for that platform by now? I suppose there's a number of possible reasons why, but it still makes me lean more in the direction of..

"Nah. Sounds like a rumor".

But, you never know until you know.

kazuma56
Feb 11, 2006, 09:37 PM
On 2006-02-11 14:28, Alisha wrote:
given egm's track record with rumors i wouldnt be suprised if this ends up being true.i dont know if anyone remembers this but a few years ago egm had a rumor that said the next pso game would have a full offline rpg as well as an online one

And I heard from some (english) people who played V.2(jp version) online with JP players that they had said a "new" phantasy star game that would feature elements from previous PS games was in development...and V.2 hit japan before it hit america.

I'm not disputing the fact that it may be true, but it doesn't seem likely if it does poorly in america or vise-versa....Sega did put PSO on Xbox...which was about 5+ months after the GC release.

hypersaxon
Feb 11, 2006, 11:12 PM
Wow, I've been signed onto this site for two years and never made a post... well here's my official first post http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Anyway, like someone already mentioned, Microsoft no longer requires games to run on their own private servers. Companies now have the option of handling their own servers. This happened like a year or two ago, which led to EA supporting Xbox Live because they could manage their own servers. Also, other companies like Bungie run their own servers for Xbox Live as well.

Phantasy Star Online for Xbox came out before all of this, which is why it had bad support. But now Sonic Team can do what Square-Enix is doing with Final Fantasy XI and set up their own little service for playing games. And on IGN, Sonic Team has already commented that they would love to bring PSU to Xbox 360. Couple that with the EGM rumors, and the fact that Xbox 360 will already be attracting RPG nuts with Final Fantasy XI, Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, Vanguard, Blue Dragon and Lost Oddysey, the inevitable sequel to Fable, possibly World Of Warcraft if they decide to do it, etc. and you can see the reasoning that Sonic Team would want to bring their classic RPG series to a system that's now getting decent RPG support.

I'm currently playing the FFXI beta but I'm not really digging it too much, very slow progression and I never have enough money lol anyway if PSU comes to 360 I'm so jumping ship and getting that instead. Loved playing PSO on Xbox, so I'm definitely keeping my fingers crossed.

Eclypse
Feb 14, 2006, 04:23 AM
You guys seriously need to calm down about this game. You are all treating it like it's your reason for living. Truth is that ST doesn't follow thru on there games, and I wouldn't be suprised if PSU started off wonderfully and then trailed off just like PSO did for everyone that isn't a loyal follower of the game.

As far as speculation goes in regards to the game coming out on 360, everything is speculative because ST hasn't officially announced whether or not it will or wont hit another system. Sure the PS2 and the PC will get it, but if you remember correctly, they weren't going to release PSOX, only for them to reverse field and release it months after the GC version came out.

The only thing I have noticed about these PSU boards as opposed to the other boards, it seems like 1 person in particular in here needs to really get a life and stop treating himself as the end all know all about a game that everyone has the same access to getting. If some people want to believe that Q information, then so be it, who are you to tell people to stop speculating? I personally hope the game comes out on the 360 because that would be hot to add more variety to a game that will already mostly likely be dominated by the PC base.

...at the end of the day it's all hearsay no matter how you look at it, and nothing will ever change that until the official source (Sonic Team) decides to say, "PSU will not and never will grace the 360." Until that is said it's all 50-50.

Kent
Feb 14, 2006, 08:10 AM
I wouldn't really say it's evenly 50/50... But it is still up in the air, though.

Eclypse
Feb 14, 2006, 06:57 PM
On 2006-02-14 05:10, Kent wrote:
I wouldn't really say it's evenly 50/50... But it is still up in the air, though.

Everything is 50-50 because it's either going to be yes or no.

Tystys
Feb 14, 2006, 08:02 PM
50/50? As of right now, it's 30/50, they need to complete the game before thinking about porting. But, there is a high chance it might.

Eclypse
Feb 14, 2006, 10:23 PM
There is no such thing as 30-50, it's a simple matter of if they will make it or they wont make it. There is a 1 in 2 chance that it will happen, meaning 50% yes or 50% no, simple as that.

I hope it does come out because that will give me options for which way I want to play it. Now I do hope they don't go about it like they did on the Xbox version, because that was horribly handled because of the private server thign with XBL.

Even if it doesn't come out for the 360, I'm not worried because I have a bomb ass computer that I will be using for the game.

Tkinc
Feb 15, 2006, 03:27 PM
lol. If they decide to go for 360 (as a rumor) u might as well say its gonna go to the Nintendo Revolution. Yes! the game isn't even officially our and there is no ratings yet for ST to even think about the possibility to port! Knowing Sega though, if they get REALLLY good success on this game, they might even release a port for the Revolution, since Sega and Nintendo are much closer than Microsoft and Sony- Hey, back in the days, Sega and Nintendo were TRUE RIVALS. Nintendo had a mascot, so did Sega. Nintendo made their own games, so did Sega. If a kid didn't have a Super Nintendo, he/she most probably had a Sega Genesis. You see? Nintendo is now the only remaining TRUE game company! I believe one of the reasons as well that Sega didn't port PSU on the GCN was particularily because not many people had GCN's and people didn't utilize the internet feature as well- which gave Sega their dough. Hey! Sega isn't that "rich" anymore, so the only method of making money for them now is to sell their games successfully<<--- otherwise they might die... but, I could also say Nintendo is holding their back so they dont for the time being as well as now, the dough from Sony...

hypersaxon
Feb 15, 2006, 03:39 PM
On 2006-02-15 12:27, Tkinc wrote:
lol. If they decide to go for 360 (as a rumor) u might as well say its gonna go to the Nintendo Revolution. Yes! the game isn't even officially our and there is no ratings yet for ST to even think about the possibility to port! Knowing Sega though, if they get REALLLY good success on this game, they might even release a port for the Revolution, since Sega and Nintendo are much closer than Microsoft and Sony- Hey, back in the days, Sega and Nintendo were TRUE RIVALS. Nintendo had a mascot, so did Sega. Nintendo made their own games, so did Sega. If a kid didn't have a Super Nintendo, he/she most probably had a Sega Genesis. You see? Nintendo is now the only remaining TRUE game company! I believe one of the reasons as well that Sega didn't port PSU on the GCN was particularily because not many people had GCN's and people didn't utilize the internet feature as well- which gave Sega their dough. Hey! Sega isn't that "rich" anymore, so the only method of making money for them now is to sell their games successfully<<--- otherwise they might die... but, I could also say Nintendo is holding their back so they dont for the time being as well as now, the dough from Sony...

Microsoft and Sony actually do have devs who make games, just like Nintendo does. Yeah, some of them were probably independant companies at some point, but you could say the same thing about Rare back when Nintendo owned them. Either way, it's not like Microsoft and Sony just buy other companies, they do have their own original studios as well.

Anyway, from what I've read about Nintendo Revolution's online service, it's basically going to be like Nintendo DS's online setup, which technically isn't even connected to an internet connection. And I believe it's an enclosed network that only allows peer to peer gaming. So the likelihood of PSU coming to Revolution (with full online support anyway) seems pretty low to me, since there'd be no way for Rev. owners to connect to Sonic Team's servers.

However, I could see them at least bringing the offline portion of the game to Revolution. Perhaps they could even set up a simple online mode that allows 6 players to connect to a P2P online interface and play a more simplified version of the online mode together. But I don't think it'd be possible for them to play with PS2 and PC gamers with the setup that they're going for.

Edit: Here's what Reggie from Nintendo said about Nintendo's online in EGM magazine.

"I would think [it'll be similar to the DS]. Again, that's been part of our [plan] in creating an environment that is more friend and peer-to-peer based, versus simply, I wanna go take on everybody for certain types of games."

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: hypersaxon on 2006-02-15 12:44 ]</font>

JettaBlaze
Feb 16, 2006, 07:53 AM
The Xbox 360 had only been a failure only during its launch in Japan, but had been an overwhelming success in the US and Europe. There is still a high demand for Xbox 360’s in the US and Europe and that the demand has not yet been met due to shortages. Microsoft has really captured the American and European audiences. Although the Japanese audience didn’t catch on, the world wide launch revealed the demand for the Xbox 360 in each region and how they should allocate their future shipments of manufactured units.

The reason for why the PS2 is doing well is because of America’s demand for Star Wars and Sports games. Third party developers have flooded the PS2 library with them and Americans like it. This is less likely to do with anything related to variety or innovation. Its simply business. Check the sales numbers yourself.

http://ps2.ign.com/articles/684/684395p1.html

PSU would more likely end up on the Xbox 360 than the PS3 because of PS3’s backwards compatibility with PS2. The PS3 would only receive a version of PSU if the PS2 gets a watered down version of PSU, while the PC receives a graphically superior version, one that could be ported over to the Xbox 360. Most likely though, I think that they will all look about the same, similar to how Episode 1 looked about the same for every system.

I really hope that an Xbox 360 version of the game is released. A large percentage of the Xbox 360’s owners have connected online, and that would be potentially translated to a large number of online connected gamers for PSU. Not only does this benefit the PSU community with more connected gamers, it is potentially more money in Sega’s pocket from subscription fees. Besides for that, the Xbox 360’s game library is severely lacking Japanese RPGs, or any RPGs for that matter. Hopefully, if they do go through with this Xbox 360 plan, they will include voice chat communication, as that feature helped make the Xbox version of PSO possibly the greatest version of all, even though their XBL integration was flawed. There is nothing like talking to your teammates instead of having to put down the controller to chat a message while in the middle of battle.

If they’re going to make an Xbox 360 version, they should probably make a Revolution version as well. I think it would be awesome to be able to play across 4 or 5 platforms (Xbox 360, PS2/PS3, Revolution, and PC). But since Sega is doing character saving on their own servers this time, does that mean that we would only have to pay for one login ID? I wouldn’t want to have to pay extra subscription fees, especially since I’d have to pay for the software for each platform that I’d want to play it on.

hypersaxon
Feb 16, 2006, 07:13 PM
On 2006-02-16 04:53, JettaBlaze wrote:
But since Sega is doing character saving on their own servers this time, does that mean that we would only have to pay for one login ID? I wouldn’t want to have to pay extra subscription fees, especially since I’d have to pay for the software for each platform that I’d want to play it on.

No, your account can be carried over to any platform that supports the game. Just like you can carry over your FFXI account between PS2, PC, and soon the Xbox 360.