PDA

View Full Version : Cancer, AIDs, people dying, a laugh and a half

Saiffy
Feb 10, 2006, 08:59 AM
I'm gonna make this short and sweet.

I may sometimes joke like an idiot about these things. But I make sure that the person wouldn't take offense to it, because I said them to someone who did once, and I realised "Wow, that's really stupid". There's probably only one person I do joke with this about, because I know he doesn't care.(LoL, Scrub <_<)

My great grandma died because of cancer, it's not like I was close to her or anything, so I don't take offense to it. But it's the principal that you shouldn't really joke about these things if you don't know if the person will just take it or not.

Very specific.

Polly
Feb 10, 2006, 09:36 AM
But it's the principal that you shouldn't really joke about these things if you don't know if the person will just take it or not.

Couldn't you say that about almost everything, though? No matter what you say or do, somebody's going to be offended by something. People are people and that's just how it works. I agree that you should exhibit some restraint when dealing with or joking about touchy subjects (cancer, death, rape, etc), but I don't think you should have an inner word-police that has you analyzing every person in the room, gauging whether they'll be offended or not.

On the other side of the coin, I think some people need to just lighten up. A lot of the time I see people who just WAIT for the chance to be offended.

Meh. Gray area, I guess.

PJ
Feb 10, 2006, 09:55 AM
You're an idiot.

Can this person be warned for making yet ANOTHER rant about me? I'm pretty sure there's a rule about that, or atleast no one liked it when PD and Eclair had a string of topics like this. Better yet, can he be warned for everytime he's made a rant about me? I think that should be enough to warrant a ban methinks.

And, I'm gonna say it again, stop harassing me. Notice how everytime you harass me, it doesn't get me even an inch closer to liking you? More like only 50 bajillion more reasons to hate you.

While we're talking, and I don't know anything about laws and stuff, are there laws against harassment? Or maybe he's protected from that since he lives outside my province.

EDIT:

But it's the principal that you shouldn't really joke about these things if you don't know if the person will just take it or not.

You certainly thought ass cancer was funny before =] Funny you decide to be offended by it now rather than then.

EDIT2: And since this IS a topic about me, I'd like to request a lock on this topic. I figure no one's gonna wanna ban everyone's favourite little farmboy, so this discussion might aswell end, since it's only a stab at me. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: PJ on 2006-02-10 06:58 ]</font>

Saiffy
Feb 10, 2006, 10:26 AM
What you said, not you, quit being a public drama llama.

Cancer, AIDs, not funny. Why? Because people die, dying isn't funny.

ABDUR101
Feb 10, 2006, 12:10 PM
For fuck's sake PJ, he did'nt mention you at all, he never does, you're the one that always stumbles into the thread and points out that he's talking about you.

Use some damn tact and leave it at that.

PJ
Feb 10, 2006, 12:13 PM
Better people know what they're gonna be commenting about rather than blindly saying, "YES YOU'RE SO RIGHT WE LOVE YOU RYAN!" I still want this locked.

And apparently, he's being all suicidal now. Someone better stop him.

EJ
Feb 10, 2006, 12:26 PM
I suggest you both just try and avoid each other and get rid of any contact you may have of them since this is becoming worst than the PD and Eclair thing.

ABDUR101
Feb 10, 2006, 12:31 PM
On 2006-02-10 09:13, PJ wrote:
Better people know what they're gonna be commenting about rather than blindly saying, "YES YOU'RE SO RIGHT WE LOVE YOU RYAN!" I still want this locked.

I don't think anyone really gave two shits who he was talking about, so why point yourself out if thats exactly what you don't want? Stop being a tard in that aspect atleast.

Not sure who's praising Saif anyway, and in the end, who gives a damn if they do? More or less comes off like you have an issue there.

And yeah, PJ, you really need to just find some self-control and leave Saif alone on the forums(your blatant attempts at getting him banned, it doesn't look good in your favor), and if you have contact outside of PSOW, block each other. This shit is getting very old.

But, back on topic: Yeah Saif, now you realise that people take offense, not always because they are being anal, but because some have had something happen in their past which involves what you may be joking about, and it's painful memories. It's called putting yourself in someone else's shoes. It's a life lesson that everyone needs to learn. Now you realise how offensive it can be, so you'll weigh your words more carefully in the future. Hopefully.

Saiffy
Feb 10, 2006, 12:31 PM
Fine, I'll let the baby have his bottle. It really doesn't matter to me. Someone can lock it.

I forgot how vocal it gets when its feelings get hurt in the slightest. Stupid dogs bark the loudest.

I figure no one's gonna wanna ban everyone's favourite little farmboy
But while we're at it, can someone guess what this blatantly was? So, LOL WARNINGZ PLZ

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Saiffy on 2006-02-10 11:59 ]</font>

Skorpius
Feb 10, 2006, 01:00 PM
I didn't even know this was about PJ until he said it.

I think the world would be a better place if everyone just stopped being so sensitive about everything.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Skorpius on 2006-02-10 10:00 ]</font>

space_butler
Feb 10, 2006, 01:06 PM
On 2006-02-10 07:26, Saiffy wrote:
What you said, not you, quit being a public drama llama.

Cancer, AIDs, not funny. Why? Because people die, dying isn't funny.

so what are the dawrin awards?

FOAtHeart
Feb 10, 2006, 05:03 PM
People only joke about them to lessen the harsh reality :(

Let them have their escape, I say.

PJ
Feb 10, 2006, 09:00 PM
On 2006-02-10 09:31, ABDUR101 wrote:
And yeah, PJ, you really need to just find some self-control and leave Saif alone on the forums(your blatant attempts at getting him banned, it doesn't look good in your favor)

a) I have been leaving him alone, I've been avoiding him well and good. He's the one who always comes to ME.

b) I wasn't trying to get him banned, just throwing out the idea.

Solstis
Feb 10, 2006, 09:09 PM
On 2006-02-10 14:03, FOAtHeart wrote:
People only joke about them to lessen the harsh reality http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Escapism is good.

Though really bad.

I'm going to freeze hell again and agree with Skorp. I mean, if I'm agreeing with Skorp, then there's a serious situation on our hands.

Saiffy
Feb 10, 2006, 11:06 PM
On 2006-02-10 18:00, PJ wrote:

On 2006-02-10 09:31, ABDUR101 wrote:
And yeah, PJ, you really need to just find some self-control and leave Saif alone on the forums(your blatant attempts at getting him banned, it doesn't look good in your favor)

Dumbass.

Fine, I'll let the baby have his bottle. It really doesn't matter to me. Someone can lock it.

QFE

Edit: and to add something constructive:

On 2006-02-10 14:03, FOAtHeart wrote:
People only joke about them to lessen the harsh reality http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

I really never thought of it that way, but you're right, I guess it's just best to ignore them, if they want to do it for whatever.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Saiffy on 2006-02-10 20:08 ]</font>

PJ
Feb 10, 2006, 11:16 PM
I hope Shuri is offended by your use of his emphasis so badly.

You're such a fucking hypocrite, it's so funny.

EphekZ
Feb 10, 2006, 11:23 PM
wow, This was a simple rant about how people can be disresptectful or something like that and it turns into a giant flamewar.

I thought this topic was requested to be locked?

Ryna
Feb 10, 2006, 11:30 PM
On 2006-02-10 20:23, darkgunner wrote:
I thought this topic was requested to be locked?

If a person wants a thread locked, they should Private Message a moderator. Given the increase in traffic around here, it is impossible to read every thread.

Anyways, this topic is being closed at the OP's request.