PDA

View Full Version : Weird Dreams..

Atayin
Feb 10, 2006, 10:01 AM
Does anybody remember any interesting dreams or nightmares that they've had? I was just thinking about this earlier and it's a really interesting thing to talk about. I just had a crazy dream last night after playing Suikoden 2 all day long..

What happened was, I was working for this mercinary group and we were supposed to help this pirate type guy (he was HUGE. Really intimidating) deliver these weird crates. We didn't know what was in them, but he gave us some vaccine. Eventually, after the delivery, the world was wiped out.

Myself and about 200 others were the only Humans left. The rest of the people alive were Kobold (humanoid, doglike creatures), and one guy convinced us to wage war against them. We all had special abilities and powers.. and I rebelled against him, so he threw me into the crowd. I had this extremely large, obsidian black sword and just started cutting through his army and eventually they took me down.. at which point I woke up.

That was the dream in a nutshell, but I remember a ton of really crazy details that I just don't wanna bore everyone with. It seems like I have rediculously crazy dreams all of the time...

Does anybody else?

goku4ever
Feb 10, 2006, 10:16 AM
I normally remember one good dreama night, but thats because I keep a dream diary.
The best dreams Ive had are the ones where Ive realized I was dreaming (Lucid dreams)
One time I was in somesort of war in my grandparents living room, WW2 style with bunkers and everything. Except instead of guns people shot with their hands. I was among the war and someone tried shooting me with a shotgun (still their hand) and they kept missing. Then something happened and I realized I was dreaming. I started running towards this guy who was frantically shooting at me, when I was right infront of him I laughed at him and said "you cant kill me, Im invincible!" then proceeded to pull the pin out of a grenade and swallow it whole. I was waiting a whole for it to explode, but then someone said the time it took to blow up was 15 minutes, I was annoyed and I woke up. I remember the uncomfortable feeling of the grenade lodged in my throat

Atayin
Feb 10, 2006, 12:38 PM
I used to have problems with lucid dreaming about a decade ago. I would realize that I was in a dream.. followed by my dream spinning rapidly beyond my control. I had some pretty horrific experiences, being unable to wake up and becoming a helpless victim of my subconcious.

It's true. My own mind scares the crap out of me.

goku4ever
Feb 10, 2006, 05:23 PM
doubt is a lucid dreamers worst fear. If you doubt something in your dream, you wont be able to do it. Next time it happens you really need to make your self fully aware so you can have amazing control oer your dreams to stop the spinning. To help rub your hands together and notice how real it feels, also spinning round helps to stabilize dreams

Tystys
Feb 10, 2006, 07:51 PM
I had a dream once where I was fighting Ninjas...seriously. I woke up because one of them stabbed me, O_O

Flwl3ssCowboy
Feb 10, 2006, 09:53 PM
On 2006-02-10 16:51, Tystys wrote:
I had a dream once where I was fighting Ninjas...seriously. I woke up because one of them stabbed me, O_O

Idda know, sounds kinda generic, though who wouldn't wanna be fighting ninjas eh? ^_^

AUTO_
Feb 10, 2006, 10:23 PM
Whenever I could tell I was dreaming, closing my eyes while dreaming always woke me up.

Atayin
Feb 10, 2006, 10:45 PM
Oh man. The comment about fighting ninjas reminded me about a dream I had.

There was this asian gang taking over san fransisco. They built a huge tower out of ascii code and it was just sitting there awkwardly in the city... So for some reason I don't remember, I ended up fighting them.

And, yes.. because they're asian (and because I watch too much TV), they all were profound in the martial arts. I was about to deliver this really awesome kick to a dude who jumped down from off of a roof to get me...

And it turns out I kicked IRL. Kicked THE WALL next to my bed. Broke one of my toes. I was screaming dirty words into my pillow for that one... Needless to say, I didn't win that fight.

Touche, random-roof-jumping-asian karate man... Touche...

EDIT: About closing your eyes and opening them to wake up, that used to work for me actually. But, eventually it stopped working and started making me wake up into another dream. A dream within a dream within a dream and so on, making me feel trapped and hence turning it into a panicky nightmare. Yikes. Good thing I don't have that problem anymore.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Atayin on 2006-02-10 19:48 ]</font>

SorceressofTime
Feb 11, 2006, 07:45 AM
At least you guys haven't had a dream in full on anime form. : And I didn't watch anime for weeks before it happened. I was freaked out. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

washuguy
Feb 11, 2006, 10:17 AM
I had a one wre the Statue of liberty spanked me with a fly swatter.That was no dream,it was a nightmare...

Atayin
Feb 11, 2006, 10:42 AM
On 2006-02-11 07:17, washuguy wrote:
I had a one wre the Statue of liberty spanked me with a fly swatter.That was no dream,it was a nightmare...

Dude that's pretty sexy. Statue of Liberty is really hott and she spanked you. You're the man.

Dre_o
Feb 11, 2006, 12:10 PM
I had one where I was running up a spiral stair case with the old Ninja Turtle animations and when we hit the roof of the building, the staircase explodes and water shot out. About the time of the water explosion, I woke up.

I also have moments where I feel like I'm falling when I'm half asleep and I do this weird fluxuation thing. It feels freaky.

washuguy
Feb 11, 2006, 12:12 PM
On 2006-02-11 07:42, Atayin wrote:

On 2006-02-11 07:17, washuguy wrote:

Dude that's pretty sexy. Statue of Liberty is really hott and she spanked you. You're the man.

Yeahhhhh!!!!!!!!!!

DizzyDi
Feb 11, 2006, 12:16 PM
I've had a buncha creepy or weird dreams. Here goes the ones that stick out in my mind.

In the first one I was Barney Rubble from the Flintstones and Fred and I were climbing up a mountain. Betty and Wilma and Dino were all at the bottom cheering us on and whatnot. I remember it being at a beach as well. Well anyways we got pretty high up there but right before we hit the top I slipped up and fell off the mountain. I woke up RIGHT before I hit the ground.

This next one is kinda of a dream, kinda not. Anybody rememeber that old Saturday morning cartoon The Samurai Pizza Cats? Anyways...My older brother was watching it in the same room while I was sleeping. I remember him turning the TV on and the theme song playing really loudly. It woke me up...except that I couldn't open my eyes. So I was trapped in a dream (I don't rememeber what it was about.) KNOWING I was awake. I wasn't able to open my eyes until the theme song finished.

Next one: I was on a cruise ship out in the middle of nowhere, ok? The thing is, it was like some naked cruise thing or something, cause everyone on the boat was butt naked and it was just one huge naked dance party. Anyways, I was being chased by these two Blues Brothers look-a-likes. I remember one being tall and having an axe, and the shorter one...I don't remember what he chased me with. Anyways, we're the only 3 people on the boat dress and they're chasing me around and I'm weaving in between all the naked dancing people until they finally caught up with me. Right when the tall guy with the axe was about to chop my head off, I woke up.

This next one is my FAVORITE dream story. Its the weirdest dream I ever remember having and it also sorta help me get over my fear of watching horror movies. I had this dream back when I was like 7-8 or something. Anyways...I was trapped in like this huge mansion with every famous classic horror movie killer guy ever. Freddy Kruger, Jason, Hellraiser, Chuckie, Michael Myers, whoeverelse. Although they WERE trying to kill me, they went about it in weird ways. Like I remember Freddy racing me in a go-kart so he could catch up to me and kill me. Anyways, I was trapped in the house because we were all locked in, and throughout the entire dream I was looking for the key to get out the friggen house. About halfway through the dream I realized I was dreaming, but I was still afraid of the killers, so I started looking frantically for the key while dodging Jason and Freddy. I remember finding the key in a chest, next to a basketball court, that some of the killers were playing a game on. And as soon as I unlocked the front door and walked out, I woke up. WEEEEEEEEEEEEIIIIIIRD.

astuarlen
Feb 11, 2006, 12:58 PM
Strange dream from a couple nights ago:
So I was this rich dude with some sort of super-magic-awesome suit, but my suit got taken away, and since no one had ever seen me without it they didn't recognize me. Well, the "bad dudes" were after me and had somehow convinced the authorities that I'd done something horrible (I think I was supposed to have killed someone) to get them after me. S' both the cops and my enemies were hunting me. I'm sneaking around my ewber cool mansion trying to get away, afraid that someone will figure out who I really am. I do manage to make it out, but now I'm at this other house/building/whatever searching for my sidekick. Turns out he was killed but has been reincarnated, so that's all good. We meet up, I find some trusted friends and we get goin'... somewhere... I don't know where or why. Unfortunately, el baddies have genetically engineered this tiny, white killer-dog and unleashed him on me! O woe! The thing is, the dog can only attack when no one is paying attention to me. So as long as I can keep their focus on me, the dog is forced to stalk me from a distance. After some time, intermittent dog attacks have brought my health down pretty durn low (I can tell 'cause I have a convenient little HP bar, woot). My companions and I are walking across a giant plaza covered in snow when one of them spots a bird or something equally stupido. Of course, he/she says, "zomg look", and despite my strangled protests, everyone turns to look. Nnnngh. Doggy, seeing his chance, makes a giant leap across the snow-covered plaza in slo mo. As he connects with my neck and I realize I'm about to die, I wake up. º-º

fronebullare
Feb 11, 2006, 02:25 PM
I had this one dream where it felt real:

My mom had sent me to the store.It was all normal till I got out.There was this bee and it was just flying around.when I walked passed it,it got bigger and started following me.Then I turned around and it flew straight for my stomach.It hurt both in my dream and in real life.So the bee just keeps on punching me until I was on the floor.then I went to sleep in my dream and woke up in real life with a new fear of bees and stomach pain.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: fronebullare on 2006-02-11 11:26 ]</font>

Atayin
Feb 11, 2006, 03:38 PM
When I was just a little 'tot (Yes, I can remember WAY back. I have memories from my high-chair, in fact), I had the worst nightmare a little kid could have.

My dad and I were playing a game I called "MONSTER!!!!!!!" where I would sneak up on him and roar, but he would try to roar first.

...yeah, I know shut up. It didn't have to make sense. I got to scream and roar, so it was the bomb diggity back then.

Anyhow, I go to sleep that night and have this CRAZY dream that my bed is falling through this long corridor. I can see monsters laughing at me on each level I fall past... and then, I seriously remember falling onto my bed as I woke up IRL and I saw the shilloette of a monster on my curtain in the moonlight!!!!

Turns out the monster's shadow was just a homeless guy who got drunk and was yelling outside my window. It was enough to scare the dickens out of me for quite some time.

Atayin
Feb 11, 2006, 03:40 PM
omg wtf doublepost

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_confused.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Atayin on 2006-02-11 12:40 ]</font>

goku4ever
Feb 11, 2006, 05:22 PM
whoa homeless guy at your window? tha must have been scary.
Has anyone here conciously had sleep paralysis, Ive never experienced yet, but during sleep paralysis your mind goes crazy creating images and often you will see a dark figure at the end of your bed and a feeling on you that feels like your being strangled. Its all harmless and your body goes through it every night, its just normally your unconcious.

Skuda
Feb 11, 2006, 06:12 PM
I had a weird bit of sleep paralysis a few weeks ago. I'm not sure if it was a dream, or reality, but it seemed pretty real http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

well, I had taken a nap because I was dog tired. usually I don't dream when I'm pooped like that. but, I woke up a little (eyes partially open and still sleepy) and I saw this ghostly figure floating above my coffee table.

The ghost appeared to have the head of a dragon, and it was looking down. It flew over to me, and it was like it was merging with my body. I don't know why I didn't do anything... I suppose this did happen rather fast.

well, when the "merger" began, I tried to move. I couldn't. I was stuck there and It felt like my arm was asleep, but all over my body. after a while, the tingling dissapeared and I could begin to move my body again.

that was a major wtf moment. I sat up in bed and looked around asking myself, "was it real? or was it a dream?"

goku4ever
Feb 11, 2006, 06:46 PM
that sounds like sleep paralysis, your so lucky, I wish I could have it.
On a slightly unrelated note, has anyone ever woken up in the morning with a completely dead arm? I have, I cant move it all its like its not my arm

Atayin
Feb 11, 2006, 06:55 PM
I had sleep paralasys once, if that's what you wanna call it. It was a pretty unpleasent experience. I was trying to clear my mind in order to get some sleep.. I was having this insomnia problem, so I figured I just needed to mellow out.

When I kept it up for a while, something ugly happened. I was aware of where I really was, but I couldn't move. I felt like I was somewhere else and in my room at the same time. I began seeing white all around me and I was wading in about 3 or 4 feet of water, but I couldn't see it because everything was white. I could just feel it. Then, I noticed that the white was actually misty in the air because I saw the shadow of a huge, massive whale float underneath me and I felt deeply mortified because the thing was so huge. I had this overwhelming feeling that I was completely at it's mercy.

So, the whale flies straight up into the sky. It crashes down and waves fly up extremely high. By the time they reach me, I'm comsumed with fear, unable to move IRL, totally confused about where I am and a wave just barely bigger then me goes over my body. Then I'm able to move again in my bed, hyperventalating. I didn't like it.

I don't believe in "it happens every night when your asleep" or that "it's totally natural". Something was wrong with what happened to me and I don't care what anybody says.

I've never really told anybody this IRL. I don't need anybody to try and convince me what it was and what it wasn't, or anything like that. I just know that I'm never doing it ever again.

EDIT: It may not SOUND very scary, but the fear was there regardless. There was no fascination. I had no concern about where I was and I didn't want to explore. I felt like feelings of peace, followed by intense fear, anxiety and panic were almost being forced onto me no matter what I did. Not fun at all.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Atayin on 2006-02-11 15:58 ]</font>

Neith
Feb 11, 2006, 07:23 PM
I dont know what the hell I did when I was a kid, but I had two nightmares when I was younger:

One was Popeye. Yes, Popeye. He'd be in a haunted house, get scared of a ghost, and hide in a grandfather clock. When the clock struck 12, he sprung out, and I'd wake up.

The other was at my primary school's dinner cantine. For no reason, a giant bulldog would rampage around the room, chasing kids. Then I'd wake up.

I get a really wierd recurring dream too, where I'm falling (I dont know where I fell from), and it really feels like I'm falling. I wake up startled when I would hit the ground. Strange.

Atayin
Feb 11, 2006, 07:30 PM
Haha. Have you ever felt like you were falling in a dream and then actually rolled off of your bed and hit the floor?

That happened to me once. Freaked me out, big time!!

That's not NEARLY as bad as my friend Steve, though. He had a nightmare and evidently had rolled UNDERNEATH his bed while sleeping... then woke up down there. Didn't know where he was and started spazzing out like crazy. I wish I could have seen that.

goku4ever
Feb 11, 2006, 07:45 PM
"I don't believe in "it happens every night when your asleep" or that "it's totally natural". Something was wrong with what happened to me and I don't care what anybody says. "

it does happen every night, your body paralyses it self so that you dont act out your dreams. Obviously you dont see all the weird stuff going on because thats created by your mind which is normally unconcious when sleep paralysis kicks in.
Also it is very common to have a fear of sleep paralysis, a fear of the unknown, but there really isnt anything to fear, it is 100% harmless and safe.

Atayin
Feb 11, 2006, 08:05 PM
On 2006-02-11 16:45, goku4ever wrote:
"I don't believe in "it happens every night when your asleep" or that "it's totally natural". Something was wrong with what happened to me and I don't care what anybody says. "

it does happen every night, your body paralyses it self so that you dont act out your dreams. Obviously you dont see all the weird stuff going on because thats created by your mind which is normally unconcious when sleep paralysis kicks in.
Also it is very common to have a fear of sleep paralysis, a fear of the unknown, but there really isnt anything to fear, it is 100% harmless and safe.

Well, keep in mind that you've also never even experienced it yourself. One would speculate that what happened to me was a casual thing that happens every night, but it wasn't. What I went through was a little abnormal.

I've experienced normal sleep paralysis as well. This happened just a few nights back, when I woke up because I felt a spider crawling up my arm, but couldn't move to get it off. I was still kinda dreaming and gradually coming back into the real world... it was irritating at the most. Not very scary.

The whale experience, though. Say what you will, but it was completely in it's own league.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Atayin on 2006-02-11 17:08 ]</font>

goku4ever
Feb 11, 2006, 08:07 PM
http://www.dreamviews.com

over there what I have said is common knowledge

shinobu_seta
Feb 11, 2006, 08:10 PM
I hate dreams where you take a wrong step or somehow fall and it suddenly jolts you awake.

I also hate dreams where I get up and get ready for work and then leave, only to wake up a few minutes later and have to do it for real http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Atayin
Feb 11, 2006, 08:10 PM
On 2006-02-11 17:07, goku4ever wrote:

"The world is flat" was common knowledge at one time as well. I think that using the fact that others side with what you have to say is a pretty superficial way to try and prove your point. And, it proves nothing. But thanks anyways for the link.

goku4ever
Feb 11, 2006, 08:19 PM
On 2006-02-11 17:10, Atayin wrote:

On 2006-02-11 17:07, goku4ever wrote:

"The world is flat" was common knowledge at one time as well. I think that using the fact that others side with what you have to say is a pretty superficial way to try and prove your point. And, it proves nothing. But thanks anyways for the link.

people didnt really have anything to go by when saying the world was flat, loads of people have experienced sleep paralysis. No problem for the link

Atayin
Feb 11, 2006, 08:55 PM
On 2006-02-11 17:10, Atayin wrote:

I think that using the fact that others side with what you have to say is a pretty superficial way to try and prove your point. And, it proves nothing.

That was the point. Not the world being flat.

Sleep paralysis is factual. It exists. I don't disagree with you, there at all. I think I came across wrong on that (and I can see where I did). The point I was trying to make in a nutshell is that what happened to me when I saw the whale wasn't strictly sleep paralysis, despite what some have said. Of course there's a perfectly reasonable explanation. I just have my own.

If anything, I'd say that what I went through was a result of accidental self-hypnotism, compounded by overexhaustion and a lot of stress. Hypnosis is something that can occur easily when somebody clears out their mind. I was exhausted and on the verge of falling asleep, and was extremely overanxious. Maybe I wasn't able to sleep as a result of some fear or anxiety.. I was struggling to mellow out. So, naturally, those feelings all intensely manifested themselves within a weird sort of waking, half-dream when I attempted to force myself into a peaceful state. I guess some people do that regularly as a form of meditation and train themselves to be able to do it. I'm definately not one of those people, though, so I went through it on accident.

It's cool if anyone thinks I'm dead wrong. We can just agree to disagree and I'm seriously alright with that. But, why claim that facts attest to the shutting out of other reasonable possibilities? I wasn't trying to prove anybody wrong. Please excuse the lack of tact.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Atayin on 2006-02-11 17:58 ]</font>

Kent
Feb 12, 2006, 12:27 AM
Lucid dreams have always come natural to me, ever since I can remember remembering dreams... :/

Oddly (or perhaps, ironically) enough, I've had some pretty weird dreams, and a lot of them come true, to a disturbing extent. Of course, that doesn't always require me to be sleep, for me to ... 'see' things like that.

Someone should just gouge my third eye, already.