PDA

View Full Version : www.pandora.com

geewj
Feb 10, 2006, 12:24 PM
If you like any kind of music at all you'll love this site.

Basically you start by naming a specific song or artist, and based on that it will play other songs. When a song is playing you can say if you like it or not, and it plays songs based on the elements of the songs you like/don't like.

Just skim the FAQs (http://blog.pandora.com/faq/index.html) and listen for a little bit. It's really well done.

Polly
Feb 10, 2006, 03:32 PM
I heard about this a while back. It's a pretty neat tool for discovering new artists. Even if a few of the results it's returned have been completely off-base, I've managed to find something I like with almost every search.

AUTO_
Feb 10, 2006, 03:55 PM
Yeah, it's a neat site.

DizzyDi
Feb 10, 2006, 05:10 PM
Woo this is a purdy cool site. I'm always looking for new artists and while the search engine could probably use a little tweaking, its pretty good in finding music I like.

Skorpius
Feb 10, 2006, 05:14 PM
Can't say no to free music. I discovered this site about 2-3 months ago, it's pretty nice to have playing as background noise.

Neith
Feb 14, 2006, 05:22 PM
Yeah, I used this (the free tries >_> ) a while back, it recommended a lot of great metal music. Also like playing country, but it was mostly correct about my musical tastes.

Sgt_Shligger
Feb 14, 2006, 08:04 PM
Um...... am I allowed to give sites for free music downloads? It's a program... I want to share the wealth but i am not sure if its ok on this site or legal. (it asks you if you plan on useing this program for illegal purposes, which is any download)