PDA

View Full Version : 10 years time..

Thalui89
Feb 10, 2006, 04:51 PM
Well i heard on the news several days ago that if humanity doesnt stop or slow down global warming the greenland icecaps will melt causing sea levels to rise. Does anyone else think that our governments will fail us and we'll all be running for dry land in 10 years time? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Rion772
Feb 10, 2006, 04:56 PM
On 2006-02-10 13:51, Thalui89 wrote:
Well i heard on the news several days ago that if humanity doesnt stop or slow down global warming the greenland icecaps will melt causing sea levels to rise. Does anyone else think that our governments will fail us and we'll all be running for dry land in 10 years time? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Of course our government will fail. I can almost garuntee that a lot of us will be moving in a 10 or 20 years because of global warming.

ABDUR101
Feb 10, 2006, 05:06 PM
Fuck the grandkids, I'm cold now.

*/sprays aerosol can out window*

Saiffy
Feb 10, 2006, 05:28 PM
Global warming eh?

Thanks to it, Winnipeg had the mildest January ever, since records started. Pft, I'm with Abdur, fuck the future. I wanna be toasty warm now.

Above freezing in February, ftw.

astuarlen
Feb 10, 2006, 06:44 PM
As a college student whose primary means of transportation is by foot, I am all for global warming if it means I don't have to walk around in subzero weather.

Skorpius
Feb 10, 2006, 06:49 PM
Global Warming is a myth. Do some reasearch and you'll find out that the Earth follows warm and cool trends that cycle every several hundred or thousand years.

Even if we do somehow destroy the planet, only WE will die out, and the planet will heal itself over time.

goku4ever
Feb 10, 2006, 07:40 PM
On 2006-02-10 15:49, Skorpius wrote:
Global Warming is a myth. Do some reasearch and you'll find out that the Earth follows warm and cool trends that cycle every several hundred or thousand years.

Even if we do somehow destroy the planet, only WE will die out, and the planet will heal itself over time.

Im not sure if some graphs I was looking at was over that vast a period, I think it was every couple of decades, but it does indeed go through warm and cool trends, it is very possible that we are going through a slightly extreme warm period and that in a few years will go back to normal

Tystys
Feb 10, 2006, 07:53 PM
The world is gonna end in like....10 years, O_O.
Bah, unless Global warming prevents me from playing games, I guess I'm OK with it.

echo-2003
Feb 10, 2006, 09:47 PM
You guys are pretty clueless here. Do some REAL research and you will find that global warming is very real.

People are such wimps, if your cold, put on a god damn sweater. It's easier for you to warm up then it is for me too cool down.

Earth may have warm and cool cycles, but don't you think it's kinda odd that it's warming up JUST as we develop the combustion engine/industrial age?

Think people think.

WrathofGOD
Feb 11, 2006, 02:38 AM
^ that's right.

And politicians don't say "global warming" anymore, they say "global climate change". It sounds less threatening that way.

Anyway, after next election when the democrats are back in power, hopefully we'll see this "gradual" crackdown on emissions standards begin to pick up pace.

Skorpius
Feb 11, 2006, 02:54 AM
On 2006-02-10 18:47, echo-2003 wrote:
You guys are pretty clueless here. Do some REAL research and you will find that global warming is very real.
An increase in the average temperature of the earth's atmosphere, especially a sustained increase sufficient to cause climatic change.

You're right, it is real, but just part of the cycle of Earth. It won't happen overnight, or in ten years. It takes a while. Granted, human civilization isn't helping the planet much, but the impact humans have on this grand global cycle is negligible.

On 2006-02-10 23:38, WrathofGOD wrote:
Anyway, after next election when the democrats are back in power, hopefully we'll see this "gradual" crackdown on emissions standards begin to pick up pace.

Smog levels across the globe have been dropping since the mid 90's, and even more so since 1999-2000. There has been quite a few changes in society that have aided this, going back as early as using compressed air instead of CFCs in aerosol and increased recycling habits, and coming as recent as the release of MANY hybrid vehicles that also use electricity to run. I don't think the environment is JUST a Democratic thing, since the former two examples were put into place around 1989 (Bush Sr).

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Skorpius on 2006-02-11 00:03 ]</font>

Thalui89
Feb 14, 2006, 04:59 PM
Global warming is real. Since we plastered fossil fuel power planst across the globe the world ahs been getting warmer. Aand even if it isnt that (which i somehow think it is) then water levels are still going to rise due to the temperature rising, so the world as we know it in turn will still end in what ever theory you believe. if we dont stop it then One day, the future will be history.

Kent
Feb 14, 2006, 05:47 PM
Ten years? The world ends in 2012, anyway, so don't worry about it. :/

Eihwaz
Feb 14, 2006, 07:39 PM
On 2006-02-14 14:47, Kent wrote:
Ten years? The world ends in 2012, anyway, so don't worry about it. :/

Damn right! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Cutting back on pollution further would be a good thing, but I think the idea of global warming is (largely) a political game.

Alucard_Zer0
Feb 14, 2006, 10:15 PM
its a shame we're doing this to our planet i can see it now: waterworld all over again, hope you chaps know how to swim. although i wouldnt mind a nice beach front property even if it is from water levels rising.