PDA

View Full Version : Eating problems?

Saiffy
Feb 11, 2006, 09:24 PM
It dawned on me just a few minutes ago, that in the last 2 days, I've eaten 2 small sandwiches and a hamburger, maybe munching on a cookie or something every once in awhile. Either way, I haven't eaten a lot.

Of course, it isn't just the last few days, I never eat lots, I just don't seem to have to, and I'm underweight because of it. It isn't just that I'm not hungry and wish not to be bloated, I feel bloated after eating very little, or nothing at all.

As many people know, I'm all skin and bones, and thus have nothing to work into muscle. Is there anything I can really do so I have a bigger appetite?

Rion772
Feb 11, 2006, 09:57 PM
On 2006-02-11 18:24, Saiffy wrote:
It dawned on me just a few minutes ago, that in the last 2 days, I've eaten 2 small sandwiches and a hamburger, maybe munching on a cookie or something every once in awhile. Either way, I haven't eaten a lot.

Of course, it isn't just the last few days, I never eat lots, I just don't seem to have to, and I'm underweight because of it. It isn't just that I'm not hungry and wish not to be bloated, I feel bloated after eating very little, or nothing at all.

As many people know, I'm all skin and bones, and thus have nothing to work into muscle. Is there anything I can really do so I have a bigger appetite?

I'm not sure what you should do to have a bigger apetite except for eating more. To get your stomach to expand to hold more you eat a lot. I myself have wierd eating habits too but I'm not really underweight. I would just eat more if I were you even if you feel really full after eating a little bit. In the morning when I wake up I almost immediatly feel EXTREMELY hungry no matter how much of whatever I ate the night before, I feel starved when I wake up but I KNOW I eat a lot at dinner time. I've out eaten my aunt and uncle put together and they both weigh more than me even though I'm taller or just as tall as them. But after I wake up and feel that hunger for about 5 minutes it goes away until lunch time, wierd? no?. On the weekends and when I'm not at school I have lots of snacks, I don't weigh that much considering my height. I weigh roughly 135 lbs and I'm 5'10 - 5'11 and my best friend is an inch or 2 taller than me but he weighs maybe 20-30 lbs more, he's in much better shape than me too. And for the skin and bones and no muscle thing your best choice is to eat a lot, eat healthy though. To build the muscle you want or might want eat the following:

1 power bar
2 glass of milk
3 cheese
4 another dairy product (yogurt is good)
5 nuts
and anything else that has a lot of protein in it and go to the gym and work out. These things provide you to have something to build with for getting stronger. Without a proper amount of protein it takes much longer to build up and get stronger. Also make sure you stretch before you jog or do sprints.

Sayara
Feb 11, 2006, 11:07 PM
Its always possible that you have quick metalbolism, or what have you.

I also hear being stressed, zoinked also can lower appitites.

FIDELCASTRO
Feb 12, 2006, 12:35 AM
save desserts for last. always. sugar is a signal to the body that you are done eating, and can begin digestion. so if you eat, save the sweets for last.

make sure you eat breakfast, as it's the most important meal. not necessarily anything special, maybe a bowl of cereal and some OJ.

if you feel reall worried, talk to your doctor about perscription steroids.

/end my most useful post of these forums. not saying much...

Charmander02
Feb 12, 2006, 08:29 AM
I have trouble with eating less...but i guess im ok since i have myself a high metabolism.

DavidNel
Feb 12, 2006, 09:51 AM
OOO, I can help here!

If your looking to gain weight and bulk eat (if you like fish) a tuna samwitch, but with a toasted bagle instead of bread. It really tastes good. Or you could have two hot pockets, they are good for you and don't really fill you up. If none of these things really look good, eat whatever you do eat and finnish with a fruit sauce (like apple sauce). High in good sugars and VC. Lastly, you could have a PBJ with a lot of PB.

If you are just trying to eat more, try eating alot of fruit at one time. Fruit doesn't fill your body's need for fat, so it won't fill you up. It also takes up a lot of space. This should increase the size of your stomach, thus increasing appitite.

I know these ways work, because I've had to use them. The fruit thing really works, had to do it for cross-country.

I', 136-140 lbs. and 5'11''. I'm in really good shape.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DavidNel on 2006-02-12 15:09 ]</font>

InfinityXXX
Feb 12, 2006, 02:34 PM
Every now and then I have spells where I'l probably only eat 1 thing a day.

Personally, I don't eat a lot. I get full really quick.(I feel cheated at buffetts) I would recommend some type of asian dish with rice and lots of meat and vegetables. You get full off of it quick but you get back hungry in about an hour so you can eat it again, and again, and again.

ABDUR101
Feb 12, 2006, 03:49 PM
I have days where I can eat throughout the day, and still just be abit hungry. I do skip meals though, always break and sometimes lunch or dinner, depending on when I first eat for the day.

Somedays, I'll eat a single sandwich, or a bowl of soup, and thats pretty much all I'll eat and not think twice about it, merely because I'm not hungry. Then there are days, where I'll wake up, have a bowl of cereal, then abit later I'll eat a sandwich, or a bowl of soup, and then a big dinner and then around 11 or 1am, I'll eat another bowl of cereal or a sandwich again.

I eat sporadically, as I get hungry. Thats how you're supposed to eat. People come in all builds and sizes, and our bodies each need things abit differently when it comes to in-take.

For New Years, we had crablegs and did'nt know how many people were showing up, so I bought 5lb. I ended up eating all of them except two or three clusters. Other times I can put away massive steaks without a second thought, and some nights I'll just eat mashed potatoes and some vegetables and ignore whatever the main dish was.

I weigh roughly 100-105lbs, and am at about 5'7".

Charmander02
Feb 12, 2006, 07:40 PM
hmmm...is 5'11'' adn 135 fat? cuz if it is than i have to start working out.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Charmander02 on 2006-02-12 16:40 ]</font>

Daikarin
Feb 12, 2006, 08:56 PM
The need for food can sometimes be associated with the use of nutrients and sugar. Which means, the more you think/exercise, the more your body will ask for the stuff it needs to keep doing that.

So my guess is, are you somewhat lazy? If you are, find stuff to keep you busy, but only stuff that you are keen on. For instance, I always get hungry whenever studying/exercising/thinking/typing/driving/playing too much.

washuguy
Feb 12, 2006, 10:35 PM
On 2006-02-11 18:24, Saiffy wrote:

You know what,eat when your hungry.Don't sit and eat small portions,knowing that you will be hungry in 2 minutes.When you get hungry during breakfast,eat2 bowls of cereal.Then at lunch have a few sandwiches and maybe an apple or apple sauce.Then at dinner,pig out!(Not every dinner,t's not good for you...)

Derek0660
Feb 13, 2006, 04:02 PM
On 2006-02-12 16:40, Charmander02 wrote:

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Charmander02 on 2006-02-12 16:40 ]</font>

no, that's acually really skinny
I'm 5'11" and 150 and I'm definitely not fat

Puppet_Papaya
Feb 13, 2006, 10:51 PM
whiner.

Atayin
Feb 13, 2006, 11:29 PM
I'm a very very thin guy and I guess it's because of my metabolism. I rarely get really hungry, either, unless I get a lot of heavy exersize. Normally I'll eat a couple small meals a day.. maybe a few snacks inbetween.

I used to have a job in heavy manual labor and all of that changed. One day, I ate a pack of Ramen, 4 glazed donuts, a sandwich I packed, 2 little packages of cookies, half a box of crackers, 2 big slices of pizza.. I went through quite a bit of water and I'm almost sure there was something else I ate. It's on the tip of my tongue but I forget. I worked SO hard with that job that I gained over 5 lbs in muscle over the course of a month. I guess I just burned the rest off.. I woke up sore every single day, but in the end it was worth it.

Nothing beats the feeling you get at the end of a day of really hard work. Especially if you've pushed yourself a little bit further then you thought you could go. Just test your limits, even if they're small limits.. There was a time I couldn't even do 1 pushup. Eventually I worked up to being able to handle heavy physical labor. Trust me, if I could do it, anybody can. You just gotta get the motivation to get up and go.

3 years ago at 5'11", I was around 125 lbs.(kinda scares me when I look back) Now, I'm around 155 lbs., so I'm glad I pushed myself. I'm shooting for 170-180 hopefully someday soon. I just need to find the motivation to get going again.. I'm so lazy http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Atayin on 2006-02-13 20:41 ]</font>

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Feb 14, 2006, 06:32 AM
Exercising more often, thus burning off calories and energy, makes you hungry.

Hungry for more calories, energy, and nutrients.

So yeah. Just don't eat your plate with the food when you get to that hungry hungry hippos point. Table manners boy!

FIDELCASTRO
Feb 14, 2006, 08:25 PM
On 2006-02-13 13:02, Derek0660 wrote:

On 2006-02-12 16:40, Charmander02 wrote:

no, that's acually really skinny
I'm 5'11" and 150 and I'm definitely not fat

i wouldn't say REALLY skinny. skinny, definitely. i was about 140-ish when i was 5'11"

6'2" 170 lbs. i think there's a fat kid on the inside trying to get out.