PDA

View Full Version : who is goin to carry on playin PSO when PSU is here?

gokruel
Feb 12, 2006, 01:19 PM
I wonderin who is goin to carry on playing PSO even when PSU comes out i know i wil still play it now and then but i wonder if anybody else will be dong the same.

TheWildJoker
Feb 12, 2006, 01:26 PM
not me and i dout any1 here will, i think theyre wont be enough psu games for every1 thats how badly every1 wants it lol. thats why i reserved mine. i mean why would you play pso when psu is out? psu has way more better features right?

gokruel
Feb 12, 2006, 01:38 PM
it may have better features but some people like to go back to playing a little older game now and then i know i do. So i definatley will not be giving up PSO complely.

Otis_Kat
Feb 12, 2006, 02:34 PM
I'll cancel my BB account the day PSU comes out, and play it till it expires.

trypticon
Feb 12, 2006, 03:03 PM
Depends on how long it takes me to get episode 12 and 13 finished.

Farrmark
Feb 12, 2006, 03:07 PM
I'll be playing on the GC if the servers are still up http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Mystil
Feb 12, 2006, 03:56 PM
I will continue to play PSO until I reach lvl200.

TheWildJoker
Feb 12, 2006, 04:56 PM
I'll cancel my BB account the day PSU comes out, and play it till it expires.
Im deffinantly with you on that one.

Neith
Feb 12, 2006, 06:06 PM
Ill play BB and PSU, switching between the two. If BB dies horribly, I'll go play GC PSO.

Inazuma
Feb 12, 2006, 06:16 PM
i will make the switch to PSU and cancel my psobb HL. however, im not gonna give away my pso rares cuz if the psu servers are linked, i may end up returning to pso.

Rain_1
Feb 12, 2006, 06:42 PM
I wonderin who is goin to carry on playing PSO even when PSU comes out

People who: are to cheap to buy the game/throw the 486 away and buy a new computer/pay for the hunter's license/live in a place where they can't get it and are too lazy to import.

I think that pretty much sums it up.. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Oh, and lots of people that like the game, obviously..

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Rain_1 on 2006-02-12 16:27 ]</font>

Charmander02
Feb 12, 2006, 07:24 PM
I'll be playing GC at least for a year after PSU comes out just cuz there are some goals that i'd like to reach.....

Quartz
Feb 12, 2006, 07:26 PM
I'll be playing PSO Eps.1&2 for years to come. I've been playing for 5 or 6 years. PSU isn't going to end my PSOing.

MT7218
Feb 12, 2006, 08:25 PM
I'm likely to stay, as I'd like to let the data gatherers find out the useful stuff in PSU. (Like in PSO, finding out what is found in what Section ID and possibly the DR of said items)

psoDCforever
Feb 12, 2006, 09:17 PM
i will stay on psobb for a while, seeing how long i stayed on dc after episode2 came out >.<

psu and pso are different games. It's like for example the difference between final fantasys(fantasies?) although 11 might be out i still enjoy playing 7

DevinTre
Feb 12, 2006, 09:56 PM
I'll most likely stay on GC for a while, myself. Besides, I use dial-up anyway, so I may not have a choice until I get broadband, heh. ^_^;;

Farrmark
Feb 12, 2006, 10:32 PM
I've only just got into the GC version myself and plan on spending some long hours getting to level 200 http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Level 50 in less than 3 weeks ain't oo shabby http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

metatime
Feb 13, 2006, 02:37 AM
I'm defintely staying, PSO is still too fun to stop playing just because a new game is coming out.

gokruel
Feb 13, 2006, 04:47 AM
well it definatley looks like i ain't the only one staying playing PSO after PSU is released i am goin to play till i get all four of my charcters to level 200.

Axispoint
Feb 13, 2006, 12:33 PM
I'm not really all that interested in PSU right now. I will keep my eye on it and read here about how it turns out, but for now, I'm content with my Episode 1&2 (I also recently rebought Episode 3, because it's easy for me to play while I have tendonitis). And I too would also like to get a character to 200. I just have to convince myself to keep playing one character http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Ennie
Feb 13, 2006, 02:30 PM
I'm pretty sure I will continue playing on PSO even after PSU comes, unless by any miracle I do get my hands on a copy of PSU and also get it to work on my crappy computer, which is very doubtful, since I run PSO in the lowest specs possible. >>'

PSOPRINCE
Feb 13, 2006, 05:07 PM
i dunno fink i'l play a a bit of both psu will be fun but if i stop i 'll miss the gilchick butt kicking fun i have on pso oh and by the way four chars to lv 200 u crazy itl take years

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: PSOPRINCE on 2006-02-13 14:13 ]</font>

Zantra
Feb 13, 2006, 05:40 PM
What i'm really hoping for is that Nintendo and Microsoft will be smart, and make their consoles Backwards compatable, so people can play PSO. Just doing that will probably get more people to buy their consoles. Or Xbox could resurrect the True Fantasy Live Online game, which looked completely awesome. Either way, i'd be happy.

metatime
Feb 13, 2006, 07:23 PM
Nintendo is backwards compatible up to 4 generation even. One of their goals is to do that successfully. MS needs to release patches to make their other games compatible.

whiteninja
Feb 14, 2006, 12:27 AM
A brief history of PSO...
- Version1... got hacked
- Version2... got hacked
- EP1&2... got hacked
- EP3... got hacked
- EP1,2&4... got hacked

So... my foretelling of the future...
- PSU... will be hacked

Now, why would I ever want to abandon all the uber fun that is GC PSO EP1,2&3 just to go to something else that will end up being hacked in the end? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

xxTrystanxx
Feb 14, 2006, 12:37 AM
I resent the idea that I'm "too cheap" for not spending the money on a new computer. With rent, bills, and a new baby to care for, I can't justify the expenditure for one game.

Besides, I haven't reached 200 yet on PSOX, so I'll stay on there as long as the servers stay up.

metatime
Feb 14, 2006, 03:54 AM
On 2006-02-13 21:27, whiteninja wrote:
A brief history of PSO...
- Version1... got hacked
- Version2... got hacked
- EP1&2... got hacked
- EP3... got hacked
- EP1,2&4... got hacked

So... my foretelling of the future...
- PSU... will be hacked

Now, why would I ever want to abandon all the uber fun that is GC PSO EP1,2&3 just to go to something else that will end up being hacked in the end? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Any online game has a chance of getting hacked, its just the degree of how hacked is going to be. Since PSO is almost a 6 year old game, with old code being simply updated. ST can now update standard security protocols in their current online games. They will have server side saving so using AR will have almost no affect on the game as long as ST does their homework.

It seems that one of the reason of delay of the US version is to test with the Japanese players first to find any security holes in the game and fix it before the game comes out here in the states.

Ladriachan
Feb 14, 2006, 03:57 AM
I plan to still play it some. I played my DC v1/2 even after the servers went down for some nostalgia sake. Heck ill go boot it up right now http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

gokruel
Feb 14, 2006, 06:22 AM
[quote]
On 2006-02-13 14:07, PSOPRINCE wrote:
i dunno fink i'l play a a bit of both psu will be fun but if i stop i 'll miss the gilchick butt kicking fun i have on pso oh and by the way four chars to lv 200 u crazy itl take years

well i will have to play one hell of alot then.

Q_Anon
Feb 14, 2006, 09:13 AM
I will be playing PSO after PSU seeing as how I probably won't get PSU right after it comes out and like charmander said there are still things I want to do...

DevinTre
Feb 14, 2006, 09:23 AM
Hackers can only get to you if you let them. Just enjoy the game. I see no reason to jump the gun and leave PSO right when PSU comes out. If you decide you like PSU better and PSO isn't as worth the price of the HL it used to be, fine. As for me, I'm going to test the waters first. =) PSU definitely looks awesome, I admit, but I'm simply not ready to leave PSO just yet. ^_^

TheWildJoker
Feb 14, 2006, 05:35 PM
You guys that say your gonna stay on the GC version are all liers. PSU will obliterate pso and i go on psu every now and then and theyre are only about 20 ppl total online. pso for gc is dead and you all know it. the rebirth of pso(psu) will be worth the wait because all its features are good.

Farrmark
Feb 14, 2006, 05:43 PM
On 2006-02-14 14:35, TheWildJoker wrote:
You guys that say your gonna stay on the GC version are all liers. PSU will obliterate pso and i go on psu every now and then and theyre are only about 20 ppl total online. pso for gc is dead and you all know it. the rebirth of pso(psu) will be worth the wait because all its features are good.

Some of us got into GC PSO quite late (in my case only about a month ago) so to call me a liar is a bit harsh http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_mad.gif

I plan on playing GC PSO for months to come and yes even after PSU is released. It's not dead, you just need to meet some reasonable people to play with online and arrange it properly.

PSU may not be out in the UK for a while anyway http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

ladyjaderiver
Feb 14, 2006, 05:58 PM

Wow, that's a great generalization to make. And an entirely untrue one, at that. Your opinions =/= fact.

I plan on continuing to play GC (offline only, at the moment, but hopefully I will be able to get online again in a few months), and I know I will continue to play Blue Burst for as long as I possibly can. I love PSO too much to ever stop just for another game.

If I do manage to get enough money for a PS2 or a computer good enough to handle PSU, as well as the game itself, I will probably play both PSO and PSU.

Neith
Feb 14, 2006, 06:35 PM

Heh, PSU is a totally different game to PSO- NOT a replacement... I'm gonna give PSU a shot, but i don't know if I'll like it as much. Yes, I doubt I'd play online, but GC PSO is what, 3 or 4 years old? Besides, for online play, there's the 'other' servers, and Blue Burst.

Just because a new title's released, doesn't mean everyone will migrate to it. There will be people who love PSO who aren't interested in PSU...

RadiantLegend
Feb 14, 2006, 06:52 PM
im all for psu.

<.<

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ragolismine on 2006-02-14 15:52 ]</font>

TheWildJoker
Feb 14, 2006, 09:33 PM
sry didnt mean to use the word liar. im just saying when i was on pso for gc latly(last month)it was deserted, i had 2 play by my self.got boring.i think every1 will direct all theyre attention 2 psu when it comes out. thats what i say and yea i could be rong but thats what i think

PJ
Feb 14, 2006, 09:38 PM
On 2006-02-14 06:13, Q_Anon wrote:
I will be playing PSO after PSU seeing as how I probably won't get PSU right after it comes out and like charmander said there are still things I want to do...

Like steal Q's SJSfind my own SJS, Evil Curst, Book of Hitogata. I think with those 3 uber rares I might be good with PSO forever. But considering my rares with a droprate over 10,000 (I consider these ubers >_>) are 0, I'm not liking my chances. PJ has to get to 200, and my other charactes to respectable levels. I've still got plenty to do on PSO, and not being able to afford PSU when it comes out will be semi-good news for me.

Q_Anon
Feb 14, 2006, 10:02 PM
Like steal Q's SJSfind my own SJS, Evil Curst, Book of Hitogata. I think with those 3 uber rares I might be good with PSO forever. But considering my rares with a droprate over 10,000 (I consider these ubers >_>) are 0, I'm not liking my chances. PJ has to get to 200, and my other charactes to respectable levels. I've still got plenty to do on PSO, and not being able to afford PSU when it comes out will be semi-good news for me.

PJ, you'll get your own SJS even if I have to drive you with a whip to get you to do runs http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_bondage.gif And also, PJ, Hitogata?

I need to find the rest of my uber rares before I fully quit PSO too http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

PJ
Feb 14, 2006, 10:07 PM
I've been obsessed with the idea of getting Book of Hitogata after randomly finding a Hitogata and falling in love with it immediatly. It instantly became part of PJ's main equipment (Although we all know he mostly only uses his SRanks http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif). [EDIT: The fact that I found a second Hitogata within the same week of finding the first one was also pretty sweet XD]

The Evil Curst I want for part of PJ's main equipment because on Episode 3, my FOmar got an Evil Curst as his first SRank (And as a story, that's his son) and now I want it on Ep1 and 2.

Since Jason wants to do more PW4, I'm more determined to do it now... that is... when I can get back online...

More details during PM http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: PJ on 2006-02-14 19:08 ]</font>

Forte1224
Feb 14, 2006, 11:04 PM
I think everyone will play PSO every once in a while. But not occasionally unless they don't hae a PS2. (me)

Saiffy
Feb 14, 2006, 11:06 PM
I probably will keep playing for awhile, not paying, I have fun, why the crap not?

If PSU is good, there'll probably be like a month where I play it non stop, but then I'd try and alternate between it and PSO. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

DevinTre
Feb 15, 2006, 08:52 AM
On 2006-02-14 18:33, TheWildJoker wrote:
sry didnt mean to use the word liar. im just saying when i was on pso for gc latly(last month)it was deserted, i had 2 play by my self.got boring.i think every1 will direct all theyre attention 2 psu when it comes out. thats what i say and yea i could be rong but thats what i think

In the US servers, PSO is quite populated at night. In EU, it alternates, but there are quite a few players there in the mornings/afternoon in general EST time (for me). JP is crammed full pretty much all the time. =p So ... PSO GC is dead, huh? I must vehemently disagree.

Farrmark
Feb 15, 2006, 02:52 PM
There's always people online, I just mainly use the online mode to play Very Hard runs in order to level up, as I haven't beaten Dark Falz on Hard offline http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Since I joined this site I've gone up over 35 levels http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Dhylec
Feb 15, 2006, 03:39 PM
Well, with the 2nd PSU delay, players now have plenty more time for PSO. ;D

gokruel
Feb 15, 2006, 03:57 PM
yeah it is a little shame that they have delayed it though i wanted to give it a test oh wel gives me plenty of time to get to level 200

TheWildJoker
Feb 15, 2006, 07:07 PM
In the US servers, PSO is quite populated at night. In EU, it alternates, but there are quite a few players there in the mornings/afternoon in general EST time (for me). JP is crammed full pretty much all the time. =p So ... PSO GC is dead, huh? I must vehemently disagree
yea i said some people play ( meaning in the US server) hello what about us who dont speak JP? like me? ok then theyre u go. its as good as dead to me if i cant understand any1 that i play with.

Alfa1001
Feb 15, 2006, 08:07 PM
psu and pso are different games. It's like for example the difference between final fantasys(fantasies?) although 11 might be out i still enjoy playing 7
True that ill save mine for later to look back on what i accomplished I mean just because something is newer doesnt mean its better, I still play
mario bros.

xxTrystanxx
Feb 15, 2006, 08:26 PM
On 2006-02-15 16:07, TheWildJoker wrote:

In the US servers, PSO is quite populated at night. In EU, it alternates, but there are quite a few players there in the mornings/afternoon in general EST time (for me). JP is crammed full pretty much all the time. =p So ... PSO GC is dead, huh? I must vehemently disagree
yea i said some people play ( meaning in the US server) hello what about us who dont speak JP? like me? ok then theyre u go. its as good as dead to me if i cant understand any1 that i play with.

You didn't read his post, did you? He said that the US SERVERS were populated at night. He wasn't talking about the JP server there, he was talking about the US server... yes those people who don't speak Japanese.

TheWildJoker
Feb 15, 2006, 08:26 PM
theyre not even totaly different. just new charecters/ fighting styles and the story changed like in every game .

DevinTre
Feb 15, 2006, 09:14 PM
On 2006-02-15 17:26, xxTrystanxx wrote:

On 2006-02-15 16:07, TheWildJoker wrote:

You didn't read his post, did you? He said that the US SERVERS were populated at night. He wasn't talking about the JP server there, he was talking about the US server... yes those people who don't speak Japanese.

Yes I read it. ;_; But there is Word Select, granted it only provides limited communication. I have quite a few Japanese friends, so I guess I can't relate. Thank you guys for making feel like a complete moron though. -_-

xxTrystanxx
Feb 16, 2006, 01:50 AM
Nooooooo. Devin that wasn't aimed at you.

DevinTre
Feb 16, 2006, 07:54 AM
On 2006-02-15 22:50, xxTrystanxx wrote:
Nooooooo. Devin that wasn't aimed at you.

D'oh! I'm sorry for getting all emo for nothing. ^_^;;

RaDave
Feb 16, 2006, 08:28 AM
me definatly i cant belive its not coming out on gc, pso was like one of the best selling games on the cube and now jammy sony get the rights - theres no justice - *Burn All PS2'S There Evil!!*

Roxas
Feb 16, 2006, 11:04 AM
On 2006-02-16 05:28, RaDave wrote:
me definatly i cant belive its not coming out on gc, pso was like one of the best selling games on the cube and now jammy sony get the rights - theres no justice - *Burn All PS2'S There Evil!!*

They're probably just trying to beat FFXI. :/ Regardless, I'm sure it'll end up on the Revolution at some point. Gamecube isn't much of an online machine.

TheWildJoker
Feb 16, 2006, 09:28 PM
Nooooooo. Devin that wasn't aimed at you
Oh so that was aimed at me? thats not true because theyre have been so many times i went online for pos on Gc and i only go on at night and im eastern and theyre would only be like 20 people in the whole US server and in the EU server thetre would be like 40 about. thats not alot for a online game. just saying and all of you dont gotta get on me cuz i said theyre arent as many people as theyre us to be. if i offended u i dont kno what to say i wasnt aimin at each one of u like a diss , just understand that. thanks

metatime
Feb 16, 2006, 10:02 PM
All she say was that theres people online at night. How is that offending?

xxTrystanxx
Feb 16, 2006, 11:51 PM
Actually, TWJ, it was aimed at you. Only because you were being pretty rude about saying that there was no one online on GC at night when it had been stated by a couple others that there are indeed.

TheWildJoker
Feb 17, 2006, 01:02 PM
Actually, TWJ, it was aimed at you. Only because you were being pretty rude about saying that there was no one online on GC at night when it had been stated by a couple others that there are indeed.

hey buddie if i offended you by saying not alot of people play at night you have problems. thats not how you offend some1 offending some1 would be " noooo that wasnt aimed at you ( in other words it was aimed at me) thats offending only because i said whn i go on at night not alot of people play (20-30 isnt alot) so buddie dont get at me with an attidue like that cause its not workin for you.

Farrmark
Feb 17, 2006, 01:16 PM
Considering the games's nearly 5 years old to have 20-40 people still playing online is quite impressive http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_cool.gif

Add to that the couple of hundred hardcore Japanese "chatters" that are usually online you have a fairly healthy community http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

TheWildJoker
Feb 17, 2006, 07:05 PM
thats true no 1 said it isnt impressive 9 and the JP people have alot of players still ) but i dont think 40 or 20 isnt alot for an online RPG game u kno.

xxTrystanxx
Feb 18, 2006, 09:39 AM
While it might not seem like a lot... keep in mind that there are other GC players still out there. But with the recent emergence of servers not officially sanctioned by ST, GCers have "options" as to where the wish to play.

DevinTre
Feb 18, 2006, 03:07 PM
I didn't think much about what you said, TWJ, until I saw that "so there" part, that and a few other things just seemed rude. Then I thought Trystan was siding with you and that maybe I missed you saying something about the US servers being active at night. And I only thought that because Trystan called me a "he," and I'm a girl, lol (so the "he" made me think he was referring to you instead of me, TWJ). But I get that a lot, given that most PSOers are guys. ^_^;; I didn't mean to take offense if none was implied. I just misunderstood the entire thing, probably due to a lack of sleep for one. Luckily I don't work 3rd shift anymore though (unluckily because I no longer have a job as of Friday >_<), so maybe I can understand things a bit better and not be so on edge. I'm sorry for making everything so confusing, I shouldn't have been so touchy, guys. ^_^;;;;

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DevinTre on 2006-02-18 14:13 ]</font>

TheWildJoker
Feb 18, 2006, 04:26 PM
hey its iight you dont gota apoligize .

xxTrystanxx
Feb 18, 2006, 08:35 PM
!!

I'm sorry, I shouldn't have gone off and assumed that you were male. Especially since I get the same thing a lot, too, since I am also female.

_Tek_
Feb 19, 2006, 06:10 AM
I won't be going back to PSO. I'll simply carry on PSU where I left off on PSO. This time my characters will be more refined, less retries on everything. Before I was so absorbed in PSO that I wanted to try everything, all characters, different costume styles. I made so many characters, that were deleted later anyways. I didn't care if i needed dupes and stuff, i just knew I would still enjoy playing the game. And I still got liek 2 years straight out of that game.

But this time I'll try to do without being every class and gender. And to plan my characters really carefully so i dont "taint" them and have to restart (the obsessive compulsion sets in).

4 characters, from 4 races, that's it! I have months to keep planning them too. and when the day finally comes, i'll ignore all of that and do something different! (probably lol)

DevinTre
Feb 19, 2006, 07:37 AM
On 2006-02-18 17:35, xxTrystanxx wrote:
!!

I'm sorry, I shouldn't have gone off and assumed that you were male. Especially since I get the same thing a lot, too, since I am also female.

O_O Wow, I didn't know that, Trystan! But I would have assumed you were a guy, too, so no big. It's cool, it's a very easy conclusion to come to on this game. ^_^;;

Alisha
Feb 19, 2006, 11:32 AM
i played pso since day 1 od dc ver1 and stopped a few months after ep3 released.ive had my fill of it bring on psu!