PDA

View Full Version : The 4th legendary sword

Kratos123
Feb 12, 2006, 02:36 PM
There's the sange, the Yasha, the third one and one final one, what is it? Is it even real?

VioletSkye
Feb 12, 2006, 02:42 PM
Kamui and Agito. The 1975 Agito can be transformed into Orotiagito.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VioletSkye on 2006-02-12 11:43 ]</font>

Kratos123
Feb 12, 2006, 03:10 PM
Thankyou, I had forgotten about the Kamui being one and I have been searching for an Agito not thinking it was one of the swords however I had a theory it might be cause whenI looked it up the description said that it was maid by Jou'un.

Neith
Feb 13, 2006, 06:40 AM
No, the 4 legendary swords are Kamui, Sange, Yasha and Agito, but ONLY the 1975 model Agito- the rest are replicas. The real one is made by Dousetsu. Then Sange is Jou'un, Kamui is Tengai, and Yasha is Kikoku.

if I remember correctly, it is 3 blacksmiths and an appentice that are said to have made the swords.

KaFKa
Feb 13, 2006, 12:32 PM
You remember correctly, Uriko.

Charmander02
Feb 13, 2006, 04:03 PM
So is the apprentice of the blcksmiths is the guy who turns your Agito-1975 into the Oriagito?

Neith
Feb 13, 2006, 06:46 PM
No, he (as far as I'm aware) is just a tekker who offers to clean the 1975 Agito up, restoring it to it's former condition (The Orotiagito).

I'm not actually sure where the story of the blacksmiths and the apprentice came from, I just remember seeing it somewhere.

Saffran
Feb 14, 2006, 05:48 AM
The tekker in that quest explains it to you.

Kratos123
Feb 14, 2006, 09:05 PM
Okay tell me this, though off topic, what is the stoy behind the Musashi, Yamato and the Asuka. Yeah lets see if you know that! Cause I do.

xxTrystanxx
Feb 14, 2006, 09:08 PM
No idea. But I do know there was a real samurai named Musashi who specialized in wielding two swords.

Forte1224
Feb 14, 2006, 09:17 PM
They're Japanese words. Can't remember what they mean though.

nothing else.

Kratos123
Feb 14, 2006, 09:33 PM
You haven't heard of the tale. I'll tell you. Musashi Yamato or Iyamato was a legendary double wielding swordsman that once beat a guy to death with a paddle instead of having to waste the honor of using his swords. They say that he has so much Chi or Ki that if he walked into a room people would feel his lifeforce and just step away, there was no getting in his way. Also the Musashi and Yamato were famous Battleships in World War 1. Musashi Yamato kicks as*!

xxTrystanxx
Feb 14, 2006, 09:59 PM
Musashi Miyamoto. Close Enough.

The USS Yamato was also the Enterprise's sister ship http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Kratos123
Feb 16, 2006, 11:07 AM
Rock on man!!! Now is there a story behind the Asuka? That ,newblets, is the question.

Solstis
Feb 16, 2006, 02:00 PM
The Yamato never actually sunk another ship, from what I remember.

It was annihilated by US bombers. Too big, too slow.

Scopes
Feb 16, 2006, 03:43 PM
Wikipedia comes through again;
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asuka

The top part of the article reads;
"Asuka is the name of the old Japanese capital of the 6th century, Asuka (飛鳥, Asuka?). The capital gave the Asuka period its name.

Also derived from this city is the fairly common Japanese given name Asuka. It is written with the same characters and can be male or female. There is an alternative way of writing the female name, 飛鳥 or 明日香."

Then it lists some places and people.

'Yer Welcome.

OdinTyler
Feb 23, 2006, 03:55 PM
1. Yamato goes back further than the name of a ship. It refers to both a historic part of Japan, c.500AD & a plain near Osaka.

2. The story of Miyamoto Musashi told here is partially true. He actually wittled the wood to create a simple sword. Nothing too fancy, just enough for it to be effective. He purposely waited to annoy his opponent then appeared. With 1 crack on the man's head, he was instantly killed. Musashi satisfied, walked away.

xxTrystanxx
Feb 23, 2006, 08:11 PM
Musashi in fact preferred wooden swords as well.

OdinTyler
Feb 24, 2006, 10:32 AM
On 2006-02-23 17:11, xxTrystanxx wrote:
Musashi in fact preferred wooden swords as well.

Theyre lighter & easier to use. It would take great strength to crack someone on the head & kill them in 1 blow. I dont just mean physical strength. Focusing inner power into 1 blow requires some mental strength & endurance.

The warrior is the weapon. The sword is the extension.