Whats monster hunter?

Yeah,what this guy said.

Alielle
Feb 12, 2006, 10:54 PM
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=monster+hunter&btnG=Google+Search

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_nono.gif

Zelutos
Feb 13, 2006, 03:02 AM
I've considered it. Convince me and i'll buy it.

watashiwa
Feb 13, 2006, 11:17 AM
I have it.. bought it when it came out. Got HR:17 online. It's a real decent game, but I haven't played it in quite sometime.

Ash1ey
Feb 13, 2006, 01:09 PM
I got it around the time when it came out. Its alright, but it cant keep me entertained for very long... I really love the female characters, thoguh.

Alucard_Zer0
Feb 13, 2006, 02:03 PM
yeah i played it as well did alright online and offline.

Arross
Feb 13, 2006, 06:23 PM
Well I was wondering if there was a good site for it kinda like this one. Anybody know of one?

Alucard_Zer0
Feb 14, 2006, 10:17 PM
well if your looking for tricks and tips for weapons and items, gamefaqs would be your best bet

Split
Feb 16, 2006, 08:35 PM
Monster Hunter sucks. There I said it.

kazuma56
Feb 21, 2006, 04:09 PM
I still play it from time to time...waiting for mh2 though, will be WAY better then the mission-based MH1....think PSO but MH style with night and day effects.

Puppet_Papaya
Feb 21, 2006, 04:33 PM
I used to be insanely addicted to it, and now I'm just starting to be again. Unfortunatly I can't play it online >:'(

AUTO_
Feb 23, 2006, 01:48 AM
My friend in Japan is playing Monster Hunter 2...he's quite addicted.

Cross
Feb 27, 2006, 06:19 AM
On 2006-02-21 13:09, kazuma56 wrote:
I still play it from time to time...waiting for mh2 though, will be WAY better then the mission-based MH1....think PSO but MH style with night and day effects.

Monster Hunter 2 is mission-based the same way that Monster Hunter is. The differences are (like you mentioned) the Night and Day versions of all the maps, the maps are new (quite a few of them are thematically like the old maps; there's still a desert, swamp, jungle, etc, but they're different) and there are more of them (snow mountain and a few others). There are also seasons. I believe that it's hot season, cold season, and breeding season, but I could be a bit off on that. Missions also have a Main Objective as well as one or two Sub Objectives, giving them a bit more depth. But the core of the game style is still intact from the first game. MH2 really isn't too different from MH, it's just that there's a lot more of everything, and it's all done much better.

I've been playing the import for a week or so now; it's really good. Unfortunately I can't easily get online using a NA PS2 and a Swap Disc so I don't have experience with that; unless I can find a workaround I'll probably have to wait until it gets translated. Luckily, the offline mode is actually fun and worth playing this time around.

Rion772
Feb 27, 2006, 07:41 PM
Monster Hunter... I played that game for almost 400 hours, I nearly mastered lances, I was able to kill Rathalos in just a few minutes. I could go and kill Basarios with my Cyclone. I have almost all of the blades made of Earth Crystal. I've gotten to Monoblos Hearts (1% drop rate). I would go to my cousins house with another cousin MH player and we would have an all night long MH party. I got bored of it, began playing PSO again, now I play WoW more than I ever played PSO and MH put together. But MH still is very appealing, and I might play on and off again but I'm still not ready to disown WoW. When MH gold comes out I DEFFINETLY plan on getting it. Either you hate it or love it, don't knock it if you don't love it either. It has it's flaws, but the overall gameplay and items and armor you could receive made up for it by far. You can go out and solo A Troublesome pair and Wyverns of Land and Sky or party up and go kill the 2 dragons with a group of lv 20's. I still remember 1 player, his name I will not mention out of respect for him, he still plays. He is a master with lances, he could sit and lock rathalos all day if he wanted, with him in your party you could NOT lose, that's just how damn good this player is. Some people love it as much as him, and some hate it as much as whoever said it sucks earlier. I think it has great fights, great weapons and armor (my personal favorites; Shinobi Sun armor and and Aurorus Blademaster armor); it's a great game.

sunshade
Feb 28, 2006, 06:45 PM
kick the rathalos yea yea!