PDA

View Full Version : Megami Tensei

ideal_joker
Feb 13, 2006, 04:57 PM
Does anyone know anything about the latest title for this series (Devil Summoner: Kuzunoha Raidou)? The trailer made it look like it was going to go for the action/RPG feel, but the latest screens I've seen make it seem like its going to be another run-of-the-mill MegaTen game (as far as gameplay is concerned).

roygbiv
Feb 13, 2006, 05:49 PM
Uh this is the first I have heard about it..

Did you play Digital devil sagas? I was thinking of picking them up to play...

ideal_joker
Feb 13, 2006, 06:13 PM
Digital Devil Saga is good, but I haven't played the second one. It isn't quite like Nocturne, if that's what you were expecting (in fact, it's sort of reminded me of a tech. heavy Persona).

Ash1ey
Feb 13, 2006, 07:29 PM
Digital devil saga 1 is GREAT. 2 is okay. But I dont like the random change to a sci fi feel.

Nocturne is still my favorite of the bunch. Cant wait for Devil summoner!

ideal_joker
Feb 13, 2006, 08:17 PM
I'm looking forward to it, but I'm afraid of it playing exactly like the Saturn Devil Summoner game... v_v; (By the way, that one is being ported to the PSP, for anyone who is interested).

Ash1ey
Feb 13, 2006, 08:40 PM
THe game shouldnt play like the saturn one, that one was turn based. The new one is an action RPG.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Steve II on 2006-02-13 17:40 ]</font>

ideal_joker
Feb 13, 2006, 08:48 PM
Yay! That's good to know. (I was thinking that it was, but I wasn't 100% sure, like I said in the first post).

Ash1ey
Feb 13, 2006, 09:23 PM
Yeah hehe. from what i understand you summon one monster at a time, and it fights along side with you, or something. I havent really looked up too much on this one yet http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

ideal_joker
Feb 13, 2006, 09:32 PM
That should be a bit exciting, but I hope it works better than the innocent devil system of Castlevania: Curse of Darkness. (At least they tried.)

roygbiv
Feb 14, 2006, 02:11 PM
Hey do any of you guys know if there is like a collection of artwork from the SMT series?

Ash1ey
Feb 14, 2006, 03:42 PM
I am not sure about that. But an art collection would be really cool!

As for castlevanias innocent devils, I agree. Though I did like that game, I didnt bother using any of the ID except teh fairy, for healing. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

ideal_joker
Feb 14, 2006, 03:43 PM
I know that there are some art books in existance, if that's what you mean. If your wanting online collections.... I'll have to get back to you.