PDA

View Full Version : your favorite thing about pso.

trueprophecy
Feb 13, 2006, 08:05 PM
i love the section I.D.'s in this game. makes it so everyone cant all find the same stuff. makes it lil more challenging and keeps the game going.

also i LOVE pso+ because its really good for hunting things.

cent. dome fire swirl offline has many many tallows so its good for hunting all the tallow drops. and the east and west towers are very good to get yamigarasu and sealed j sword and lil goodies that are hard to get without the tower quests.

my friend said to post that he loves how u can make what your character looks like and that there are 12 classes to choose of.

Charmander02
Feb 13, 2006, 09:09 PM
I like the weapons, and the feeling you get after hunting for so long and finally finding what you want.

Rain_1
Feb 13, 2006, 11:54 PM
The fact that it's videogame crack..

i can't get away from it for long amounts of time.. it just pulls me back right in.. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

xxTrystanxx
Feb 14, 2006, 12:42 AM
That fact that you play the levels over and over, but you never get bored because you can always choose a new goal. Once you find one rare weapon, you can hunt another.

psoDCforever
Feb 14, 2006, 02:52 AM
color coordinating your chars >.<

Ladriachan
Feb 14, 2006, 03:49 AM
videogame crack...

best way to word it, plus on xbox you have the voice chat which alot of the times makes it more than worth it (best thing to cross PSO since the keyboard on DC)

rena-ko
Feb 14, 2006, 05:00 AM
the fact that you have your chars on your memcards, that you can play them offline and online, that you can have unlimited chars (as long as you have enough memcards) and so on and so forth.
yepp. i see BB as downgrade.

Lightfox
Feb 14, 2006, 08:29 AM
I just love the incredible variety of weapons and goals, i`m a huge fan of RPG`s and this is the only game that has this quantitie of weapons, armors and items. Is really REALLY COOL.

gokruel
Feb 14, 2006, 08:35 AM
i love all RPG's and phantasy star online has to be the best as you customize your own character get to choose from a variety of weapons and armour and can learn many abilities also it is such an addictive game. i also love the idea of the section ID's.

DevinTre
Feb 14, 2006, 09:11 AM
I love PSO because it's basically a customizable RPG with it's own history and storyline, but you can add to it what you want, adventure and find cool items on and offline, and meet other players all around the world online and chat with them. Much fun. ^_^

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DevinTre on 2006-02-14 06:12 ]</font>

own_u_all2000
Feb 14, 2006, 03:48 PM
I love the nerve-wrecking thrill of knowing that its time to face the ruins or seabed so you can get to the next difficulty.I also love the enormous varieties of wepons and armour and such.Also the advantages of the section IDs.Also facing the challenge of getting to lvl 200.Last but not least,being online.

Tact
Feb 14, 2006, 03:50 PM
I like the thrill of the hunt. (Hunting rare items, in this case.) There is no describing the feeling in your chest when you see that red box you've been hunting for a while.

own_u_all2000
Feb 14, 2006, 04:24 PM
OOOOOOHHHHH YEEEAAAAHH....
I love the way those red boxes look...
they are like addicting to look at!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: own_u_all2000 on 2006-02-14 13:25 ]</font>

ladyjaderiver
Feb 14, 2006, 06:00 PM
I like a lot of things about PSO. I like the setup, the fact that it's real time, the character designs and customization... It's also one of the few games that I'm any good at, so that's always a plus.

Neith
Feb 14, 2006, 06:04 PM
Playing with a good team is without doubt, the best thing in PSO. Sure, rare hunts are nice, but there's nothing like owning Towers with people you know, or c-moding with an understanding team.

Hunting rares can get repetitive I guess, as can soloing.

ulyoth
Feb 14, 2006, 07:03 PM
Friends, get yourself in a good group and you can play for hours on end.
Also the characters, i grew attached to mine. Which even now keeps me coming back now and again even though most of my friends dont play.

PJ
Feb 15, 2006, 12:49 AM
I remember reading someone saying that PSO wasn't meant for offline multiplayer, and thinking to myself, "This guy's an idiot."

Offline multiplayer with a bunch of buddies can be way more fun than online since there's a lack of... hmm, person, I'll say. I like online, but offline multimode I think is better.

Online has more variety, like quests, and doing weird... runs, say one person goes to Forest, another goes to Mines etc.

Single player is fun too. All around, I can't say what I like best about PSO because Sonic Team made an excellent all-around game with close to no flaws. Considering people have been playing it since 2001 and it's 2006 now.

Axispoint
Feb 15, 2006, 08:14 AM
-Creating my own character. I like having that freedom and not being stuck playing some pre-made person.

-Random item drops. I like to collect things. In my GTA games, I have more fun getting the packages and the cars then playing the storyline out or killing peds all day. With PSO, I like going down to Ragol, not knowing what I'm going to get next. I may not get anything, or I may get an animal arm. I just never know and I like that. Keeps me playing http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

-Quests. I've played a lot of those quests many times over, and I still like to play them. They're a blast and I have more fun running around with NPC's then I do with most humans, lol (I'm not a people person and I tend to be happier doing things by myself). Now if only I had the Burning Rangers quest available off-line on my GC, then I'd be completely happy (does Plus have it off-line or did they just put in the Episode 2 ones?).

-The levels. I've played the forest so many times I know all of the maps, but it's still my favorite place in the whole game. I also like the Mines because of the futuristic look of level 1 and the darker look of the second level. Caves I love the lava in 1 and the water&rainbows in 2. Ruins are okay, though I like the level 3 the best (and I love the area you go to before you meet Mr Bad Villian himself...). And with Episode 2, I never much cared for the first and last areas, but the second training level and all of the areas between it and the last area I like (especially the beach one).

-In general, everything about this game just keeps me coming back. I've played EQ, WoW, MxO, Guild Wars, Diablo 2, CoH, and out of those, besides PSO, the only one I go back to is Diablo 2. Yeah, for periods of time I might not play PSO at all, but I always come back. It's like I'm a piece of metal and it's the magnet. It just keeps drawing me back http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

RadiantLegend
Feb 15, 2006, 06:54 PM
4 way pb with my hucast.

Genoa
Feb 15, 2006, 11:20 PM
--Freedom of character creation and wide range of character classification. You can mix it up quite well.
--Futuristic MMORPG atmosphere.
--Spiffy classifications of weaponry
--Great sound effects and pretty decent BGM
--A very nice battle system.

(on a side note... PSU is definately going to take many of these qualities and enhance them significantly)

Magician4
Feb 16, 2006, 09:39 AM
It never gets boring killing rappies http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif and looking for rares. There's something about the color of rare boxes...

Shigecki
Feb 16, 2006, 08:54 PM
Challenge Mode. Time attacking. The first time a new character is played. Finishing all the mats on a character.