PDA

View Full Version : Native Motavians - Height & Weight

OdinTyler
Feb 15, 2006, 12:48 PM
Just as the topic says. How tall & how much should a Native Motavian weigh? Id like some serious answers, if anyone should happen to know. I ask with good reason. Thanks in advance to anyone who may be able to help me with this.

ABDUR101
Feb 18, 2006, 01:47 PM
You wanted serious answers, nobody had serious answers, thus, you got no reply. Thats how it goes.

Polly
Feb 18, 2006, 02:40 PM
FKL might have some serious answers. Really!

DizzyDi
Feb 18, 2006, 03:10 PM
Why would you want this info anyway? I've racked my brain thinking of good reasons for this info but NOPE, can't find any.

Sharkyland
Feb 18, 2006, 03:25 PM
I would say the average weight (of course, we would think toned bodies) and the average height of all the people on Earth, and... that, I don't know.

From what I remember, we are sorta growing taller. I only know average height for Asians: 5'2" women and like 5'5" men. Dunno about the US.

Or if you want, trying to find someone who has a Phantasy Star I, II, or even III guide or art book and see if they have a statistics.

In my basic opinion, most of the Japanese people who draw or write manga seem to keep their own basis on how tall are the people are around them (like their height and such). I'm pretty sure you've seen Rush Hour where you see Chris Tucker and he's a walking tower considered to the 'Chinese' people.

---

I've been always trying to find how tall Booma's are, and I'm pretty sure there is no limit how tall or short a person or humanoid can be in PSO (but there seems to be limits).

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sharkyland on 2006-02-18 12:30 ]</font>

HUnewearl_Meira
Feb 18, 2006, 04:02 PM
I would suggest that Motavians are slightly shorter than the average human, but also slightly heavier. I get the impression that they are generally fairly heavyset. I would suggest maybe an average height of 4'-6", and an average weight of perhaps 170lbs.

Alisha
Feb 18, 2006, 05:03 PM
4-6 is pretty damn short.i suppose its different in different parts of the world.but where i live average height is 5'8-6'0

OdinTyler
Feb 18, 2006, 11:53 PM
Well finally I got some serious answers. Thanks, Shark & Meira. I was really racking my brain trying to figure this out. I know Motavians are short (not sure exactly the size) & figuring the weight is just as daunting a task.

Alisha
Feb 19, 2006, 12:15 AM
look for a fighting game character with similar dimensions they usually list weights in bios

Guntz348
Feb 19, 2006, 03:03 AM
Motovians were shorter then Palmians (humans if you will) and more stocky on average. Judging by looking at them from PSII and PSIV I would say they were around 5'4"-5'8" at the most but wieghed in around 180 pounds on average. They were basically pure muscle, going by the PSIV description of them and they were definatly shorter then the Palmians and Newmans in that game. In PSII they were also shorter then the humaniod characters, but also seemed a bit more heavy set.

OdinTyler
Feb 20, 2006, 12:15 AM
On 2006-02-19 00:03, Guntz348 wrote:
Motovians were shorter then Palmians (humans if you will) and more stocky on average. Judging by looking at them from PSII and PSIV I would say they were around 5'4"-5'8" at the most but wieghed in around 180 pounds on average. They were basically pure muscle, going by the PSIV description of them and they were definatly shorter then the Palmians and Newmans in that game. In PSII they were also shorter then the humaniod characters, but also seemed a bit more heavy set.

For the most part, I agree with the stat summaries put here except for maybe the height. Wouldnt they be shorter than 5'4"? I mean Chaz's nickname from Rune in PSIV was "Shorty" & he seemed even taller than Gryz. This leads me to believe theyre in the 4' range. See, if the height could be confirmed then one could wonder what their weight is. I do agree that theyre more stocky & muscular. Theyre similar to dwarves in that respect (my fave race in DnD/medieval type games).

shinobu_seta
Feb 20, 2006, 03:03 PM
I've always thought they were much shorter than Humans. Around 3-5 foot?

I remember the first time I saw them in PS2 I thought they were like jawa rip offs or something because I couldn't see them clearly. It wasn't until they actually had portraits in PS4 that I realized what they really looked like.

I'd put them around the same as a short stocky human weight wise...maybe a little more.

OdinTyler
Feb 20, 2006, 08:13 PM
On 2006-02-20 12:03, shinobu_seta wrote:
I'd put them around the same as a short stocky human weight wise...maybe a little more.

OK so are we talking 3, 4, or 5'? Then based on that height, the weight? Under or over 100? Under or over 200?

Guntz348
Feb 21, 2006, 12:32 AM
I would say they are least 4'6"-5'4"-ish, but the adults would be closer to the 5 foot range. I really don't think they'd be that short. The 200-250 pound range sounds close for there average weight, as they were mostly muscle. I would estimate that Chaz was about 5'11"ish and Rune probly about 5'5"-5'6" area. When they stood next to each other that would put Gryz right near the 5 foot marker.

OdinTyler
Feb 21, 2006, 12:36 AM
On 2006-02-20 21:32, Guntz348 wrote:
I would say they are least 4'6"-5'4"-ish, but the adults would be closer to the 5 foot range. I really don't think they'd be that short. The 200-250 pound range sounds close for there average weight, as they were mostly muscle. I would estimate that Chaz was about 5'11"ish and Rune probly about 5'5"-5'6" area. When they stood next to each other that would put Gryz right near the 5 foot marker.

Dont you have Chaz & Rune confused? Rune always called Chaz "Shorty" & he was clearly 'not average height'. But then, I used to be called Shorty & Im 6'6"...go figure. As for mid 4-5 ft range, wouldnt 200-250 still be kinda...um overweight? Even considering muscle tone, would that be accurate? Idk why this wasnt brought up before but its a pretty interesting question. People just presume Palmans at being average, Dezorians at 7+ ft tall. Motavians are an interesting lot.

Guntz348
Feb 21, 2006, 12:41 AM
Haha yeah your right I did get them flipped, I can be a bit dislexic sometimes.... and yes I know it's not spelled right.

OdinTyler
Feb 21, 2006, 12:45 AM
I did notice Gryz was not too far under Chaz's height. Still tho, Motavians have seemed to have gotten taller over the years. Well, they were REAL short in PS & PSII. Then they grew a foot or more apparently. So if late 4ft-early 5ft, then one would have to figure out their weight then. Hmmm.

Sharkyland
Feb 21, 2006, 12:58 AM
On 2006-02-20 21:45, OdinTyler wrote:
I did notice Gryz was not too far under Chaz's height. Still tho, Motavians have seemed to have gotten taller over the years. Well, they were REAL short in PS & PSII. Then they grew a foot or more apparently. So if late 4ft-early 5ft, then one would have to figure out their weight then. Hmmm.

Um, isn't there more people other than Gryz living on that planet, why just him?

Guntz348
Feb 21, 2006, 01:02 AM
On 2006-02-20 21:58, Sharkyland wrote:

Um, isn't there more people other than Gryz living on that planet, why just him?

Well mostly because Gryz was the only one who was in the still frame potrait shots. Those gave the best comparison to the other characters, who would be basically equal to human sizes.

OdinTyler
Feb 21, 2006, 04:18 PM
Well his sister Pana was MUCH shorter than he. So was Grandfather Dorin. But then, you gotta figure in their ages. Just like humans, Motavians start out short, get a bit taller, then shrink as they age. Makes you wonder tho...if Gryz was say 4 or 5 ft tall, Pana had to be REAL small. Like 2 & 1/2 or 3 ft? Basically, your typical human child's height.

Omega_Weltall
Feb 26, 2007, 12:36 AM
I think Gryz was just tall for a Motavian. Every other Motavian were very short. I'm guessing a height between 4'5" er so to maxing out at 5'5" when compared to even Rika, Gryz is almost shorter than her. That or the heels make her taller. Demi was probley like 4'0" or the size of a PSU lolibot.

Sinue_v2
Feb 26, 2007, 01:28 AM
It wasn't just Gryz who was tall - but Grandfather Doran as well.

Traditionally, it's easist to compair Motavians to their inspirational source material - the Jawa's from Star Wars. They are slightly taller and much bulkier than they are, but overall about the same general size and shape. They remain diminuitive creatures throughout PSII's time. However by PSIV's events, they have largely grown to roughly human sized, and have bulked up a bit more. (Pana was a child, so her stature is normal for her age) The reason for this growth is simple - if they wanted a Motavian character in PSIV, he would have to "fit in" with the group. I.E. be roughly the same size and build as the rest of the party. The change was made purely from a design perspective. However, it's not outside of the realm of possiblitiy that Motavians naturally grew taller over the Millenium due to perhaps several factors... much like humanity has grown taller by roughly a foot over the past 200 years.