PDA

View Full Version : Old School Phantasy Star poll

HUnewearl_Meira
Sep 23, 2002, 07:39 PM
How many out there are fans of the original 4 Phantasy Star games? I've got a poll for those of you who can answer that question, "MEEEEE!!!!".

Do you believe that Noah IS Lutz, or do you believe that Noah is NOT Lutz?

ginko990
Sep 23, 2002, 08:49 PM
Noah IS Lutz.....der... thought that was pretty obvious.....lol

I have no diea who either of them are

Im old skool PSOnline though. And thats all that matters.

RavenTW
Sep 23, 2002, 09:12 PM
Dude, for crap's sake, how could he NOT be Noah?

btw, on PS4, I've gotten to Zio's bodyguard, but I can't beat him! Any tips?

Ness
Sep 23, 2002, 09:26 PM
WHo are they? Who the hell are they?

RavenTW
Sep 23, 2002, 09:52 PM
Early Forces (as I like to call them, the Omniscent ones, 'cause they're pretty much the only one who sees the Big Picture)

Oh wait, were you just trying to say you haven't played PS series? That sucks. Maybe I can dig out my old ROMs.

HUnewearl_Meira
Sep 23, 2002, 11:56 PM
Heh... Here's the deal.
Released in 1989 for the Sega Master System, the original Phantasy Star featured a young wizard by the name of Noah, though in the Japanese version of the game, his name was Lutz. Well, when they brought Phantasy Star II over here, Lutz appeared again, but this time, they left his name as Lutz when they translated it.
Because of this name change, much confusion has occured, and some people have even made some fairly convincing arguments for why Noah can't be Lutz.

Personally, myself, I'm a Noah IS Lutz guy. I'd like to think that I've proven it, but I'd kinda like to know where other people stand on this, in general.

HUnewearl_Meira
Sep 24, 2002, 12:01 AM
On 2002-09-23 19:12, RavenTW wrote:
Dude, for crap's sake, how could he NOT be Noah?

btw, on PS4, I've gotten to Zio's bodyguard, but I can't beat him! Any tips?

I didn't find Juza to be that tough... But on the other hand, I leveled up like a mother before I got that far... So, yeah, run around Zio's tower for a while, and level up a bit first. It's been a while since I've played the game so I don't really know what level you need to be planning to be at, but if you put in some good time leveling up first, he should be no sweat at all.

Kupi
Sep 24, 2002, 02:23 PM
Read on at risk of slight spoilers...

Feel free to go all-out on Juza (Zio's tower across from the Sand Worm ranch, right?). You won't be fighting Zio in that tower. So, use your best moves and run down your TP, because you won't need it after the fight (and a little more travelling).

I agree with HUnewearl_Meira: the whole Noah/Lutz thing is a mistranslation incident.

Darrin
Sep 24, 2002, 05:22 PM
I never played the other 4 Phanatsy Star games

RavenTW
Sep 24, 2002, 07:12 PM
On 2002-09-24 12:23, Kupi wrote:
Read on at risk of slight spoilers...

Feel free to go all-out on Juza (Zio's tower across from the Sand Worm ranch, right?). You won't be fighting Zio in that tower. So, use your best moves and run down your TP, because you won't need it after the fight (and a little more travelling).

I agree with HUnewearl_Meira: the whole Noah/Lutz thing is a mistranslation incident.

Took me a minute to remember...the castle that's by the big lake/sandtrap (been a while since I played). Yeah, I just avoid all the baddies so I can get to the dude. I got the Laserclaw and Lasersword (MASSIVE damage), but my butt (I don't like to cuss) gets handed to me everytime I take him on.

LadyKei
Sep 24, 2002, 08:34 PM
On 2002-09-24 17:12, RavenTW wrote:

Took me a minute to remember...the castle that's by the big lake/sandtrap (been a while since I played). Yeah, I just avoid all the baddies so I can get to the dude. I got the Laserclaw and Lasersword (MASSIVE damage), but my butt (I don't like to cuss) gets handed to me everytime I take him on.

I don't remember what chars you have at that point, but use Saner and then Deban if you can right at the start...Vision, if you have it, can also help...after that, just toss out the biggest combos and/or raw damage skills you have, use TP for healing when needed (unless you have something like a Na-level attack by that point...I haven't played the game in a year, so I dunno if you do. Gi-level techs are alright, but still not THAT great.)

Other than that...general strategy: If it boosts your stats somehow (especially Saner...you never go into a boss fight without using this, if you can), go for it round 1...round 2 and on, have macros set up to toss out your most powerful combos reliably, and use manual commands for when you need to heal (or you start running out of skill uses/TP).

Anyway....off the strategy...Noah is Lutz! Bad Sega of America translators! Bad! No biscuit!

bloopersofspace
Sep 12, 2015, 02:29 AM
I am.
We Are.
They shall be.

Zorafim
Sep 23, 2015, 04:50 PM
...what just happened?

Crazyleo
Sep 23, 2015, 08:56 PM
Damn bots. They necro'd the thread.