PDA

View Full Version : I can't beat EVRAE!!!

washuguy
Feb 16, 2006, 07:33 PM
I'm playing Final Fantasy 10,and i'm at the part where you have to fight Bevelle's gaurdian,Evrae.And when I get close to beating him,he kicks the snot out of my team!But point is,I NEED HELP! If you know how to beat him,please help me!!! I'm desparate!!!!

Ketchup345
Feb 16, 2006, 07:39 PM
The one where the fight takes place on the bridge of the Airship?

Hw are your characters leveled? Are you using all support spells (Haste, Slow, and the "free" ones)?

When it is close, use your strongest physical characters, when it is far use Wakka and Lulu (especially if she has *aga series of spells).

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ketchup345 on 2006-02-16 16:40 ]</font>

washuguy
Feb 16, 2006, 07:54 PM
That's the one! I may have to train some more.But what I do is,use slow,then haste on my folks.Then use cheer to up on defense and offense,then let Auron dish out the damage.And Wakka uses Dark attack.Then repeat,but then the stinkin cheat uses haste,poison breath,and attacks.GAME OVER!!!!!!!!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: washuguy on 2006-02-16 16:55 ]</font>

Shadowpawn
Feb 17, 2006, 12:38 AM
Make armor with Posion-Proof and auto haste properties. Keep using cheer for attack and defense, switch Lula with Wakka if she has her *aga (or Ultima) skills. If you feel he's about to kill you switch to Yuna and summon a monster, it'll act as a human shield for you.

Lastly, don't rush to beat him. You have a turn status bar for a reason, plan a strategy and keep a level head. If you want an easy way out, put Rikku on your team and make sure she has her limit up, mix any of these:

Bomb Core + Dark Matter
Lightning Marble + Dark Matter
Dragon Scale + Dark Matter
Arctic Wind + Dark Matter
Shining Gem + Master Sphere
Shining Gem + Warp Sphere
Shining Gem + Pendulum
Shining Gem + Amulet
Shining Gem + Door to Tomorrow
Shining Gem + Wings to Discovery
Shining Gem + Gambler's Spirit
Shining Gem + Underdog's Secret

Aw hell, let’s leave it at that.

and you’ll get Trio of 9999. This allows you to hit for 9999 as long as it’s in effect. Switch to Tidus and have him use slice and dice. Then use any multiple hit move you have, he’ll go down real quick.

Maridia
Feb 17, 2006, 03:14 AM
I would say to level, but you're not exactly at a good spot to do so, yeah?

I never had a single problem with him, but.. eh.. I rocked that games pants so hard it will never EEEEVER find them again.

Just keep at it. Play to your strengths. Who's the strongest on your team physically? Magically? And god, man, pay CLOSE attention to the bar on the right with the orders. That thing is your best friend for planning things. Use Cid and his missiles to your advantage. That battle is so freaking badass.

On 2006-02-16 21:38, Shadowpawn wrote:
Make armor with Posion-Proof and auto haste properties. Keep using cheer for attack and defense, switch Lula with Wakka if she has her *aga (or Ultima) skills. If you feel he's about to kill you switch to Yuna and summon a monster, it'll act as a human shield for you.

Lastly, don't rush to beat him. You have a turn status bar for a reason, plan a strategy and keep a level head. If you want an easy way out, put Rikku on your team and make sure she has her limit up, mix any of these:

Bomb Core + Dark Matter
Lightning Marble + Dark Matter
Dragon Scale + Dark Matter
Arctic Wind + Dark Matter
Shining Gem + Master Sphere
Shining Gem + Warp Sphere
Shining Gem + Pendulum
Shining Gem + Amulet
Shining Gem + Door to Tomorrow
Shining Gem + Wings to Discovery
Shining Gem + Gambler's Spirit
Shining Gem + Underdog's Secret

Aw hell, let’s leave it at that.

and you’ll get Trio of 9999. This allows you to hit for 9999 as long as it’s in effect. Switch to Tidus and have him use slice and dice. Then use any multiple hit move you have, he’ll go down real quick.

Those are some good mixes, but if it's his first time through the game, at that point, he won't have many of those items. <_<

Good luck, man. God, that was such a great game. Beaten it so many times, seen all the different character event scenes.

AURON FOREVER!!

Zelutos
Feb 17, 2006, 05:10 AM
Delay Attack works wonders. Remember it for Braska's Final Aeon http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Neith
Feb 17, 2006, 10:35 AM
I used Kimahri's Self-Destruct overdrive (learnt from bombs I think), when Evrae was on low HP. It's been ages since I completed the game, so a little hard to remember.

Oh, use Blind attacks with Wakka- it'll make Evrae miss most of the time.

Never use haste on your party- Evrae counters it with Slow.

Don't use elemental attacks either, Evrae has a 1/2 resistance to all elements.

I won't lie, it's quite a tough battle, so good luck.

***SPOILER***
You'll fight it again later in the game, but it'll be much easier, being a Zombie. You know what to do..

Edit:
Delay Attack works wonders. Remember it for Braska's Final Aeon I don't know how anyone has any trouble whatsoever with that fight... http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: UrikoBB3 on 2006-02-17 07:37 ]</font>