PDA

View Full Version : USA slip date :(:(:(:(

BendMeOver
Sep 24, 2002, 04:18 PM
acoording to: EPSO 1&2 (http://tkdsouth.tripod.com/index.pso.html) & Game Front (http://www.gamefront.de/)

Is Phantasy star on-line one in the USA shifted?
Sonic team states it will give a new version of Phantasy to star on-line one. The reason for the revision is the bugs, with which articles can be multiplied infinitely.
The revised version is to run on a new server and not become characters most likely to be taken over to be able. The current servers are to keep running however, even if thereby no interaction with teams from Europe and the USA is possible.
In the USA PSO is to appear to 30.10.02. However that was the date for the old version. The revision will cost the Sonic team according to own data 2 months, so that the new version appears at the earliest at the end of November in Japan.
Since this version is to appear also in the USA, an extension of deadline of a few weeks is possible.

LadyKei
Sep 24, 2002, 04:54 PM
If I read that right, you're asking if PSO Ep I&II in the USA will be the patched version, and not the original version?

I would venture a fairly sure guess that yes, we'll be getting the patched version over here stateside.

Mag_Launcher
Sep 24, 2002, 05:46 PM
Yeah, there they go again, patching up the US version like hell.

so hmm... lemme guess, people can still buy and play the old import version, BUT, when the new/US version rolls around, Sega is just just gonna say "Get the new version now, or you ain't playing online with anyone, cheating bastard."

Well, more incentive to import, i guess. Hey, is that freeloader boot disc out yet? If so, I'm importing. I don't have the time to have my GC modded, so I'll just get a boot disc.

_xX_Frosty_Xx_
Sep 24, 2002, 08:19 PM
Man I'm getting so sick of this....is this definate or just speculation?

Ziggy-san
Sep 24, 2002, 08:49 PM
Dammit, I don't even see what the problem is with the duping. I don't know how to do it, I'm just enjoying my game...in USA but still...

I better be able to get online when I get a BBA... http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_evil.gif

Davion
Sep 24, 2002, 08:51 PM
Ziggy, have I ever told you that i think you have the coolest theme here at PSOW? The whole hamster deal I mean. Rock on hamster dude!

Ziggy-san
Sep 24, 2002, 09:09 PM
On 2002-09-24 18:51, Davion wrote:
Ziggy, have I ever told you that i think you have the coolest theme here at PSOW? The whole hamster deal I mean. Rock on hamster dude!

http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_hamster.gif

Hrm...a bit off topic...but flattering nontheless ^_^

PrinceBrightstar
Sep 25, 2002, 12:23 AM
you know its really easy to mod your own cube. you just have to be willing to dammage the heat sink a little.

Ziggy-san
Sep 25, 2002, 05:38 AM
On 2002-09-24 22:23, Jonathan_F wrote:
you know its really easy to mod your own cube. you just have to be willing to dammage the heat sink a little.

Hai, but I don't have a solderer, nor do I want to take chances with one. I'm not the "best with my hands" in that particular department...

So yeah, it was a bit expensive to get it modded for me, but at least I knew it going to work, that way. Plus, I got to change my GCN's Orange LED to a blue one ^0^

Ness
Sep 25, 2002, 06:20 AM
I don't care as much as I used to about PSO being delayed. If they have to delay then so be it. I'll just pick-up another game until it gets here.

_xX_Frosty_Xx_
Sep 25, 2002, 06:54 AM
I'm thinking about purchasing another game with the money I saved up. I'm tired of waiting.....

Gazebo
Sep 25, 2002, 09:54 AM
I'm just going to wait.....

Kasera
Sep 25, 2002, 09:55 AM
On 2002-09-25 04:54, _xX_Frosty_Xx_ wrote:
I'm thinking about purchasing another game with the money I saved up. I'm tired of waiting.....

Spare your eyes! Make sure that game isn't Turok Evolution.

jello44
Sep 25, 2002, 11:53 AM
now we all should have known that the US date was going to be pushed back for some reason, v2 ring a bell? All I can say is, I'm not surprised, nor do I care, I'll just get another game for right now.

Sion
Sep 25, 2002, 12:57 PM
On 2002-09-25 07:55, Kasera wrote:

On 2002-09-25 04:54, _xX_Frosty_Xx_ wrote:

Spare your eyes! Make sure that game isn't Turok Evolution.

oh yeah.. get away from evolution that's a must...

well i guess the wait continues.. and is nowhere to end...sigh..grandia xtreme should keep busy hehe

merlin
Sep 25, 2002, 02:37 PM
We're talking PSO here.

I'd be shocked if it DID come out on time. I wouldn't trust it. =)

I guess you have to have been a Turok fan on the N64 to appreciate Evolution. I grabbed it the day our shipment arrived and love it. I'd much rather play it than Sunshine. THAT game is a huge disappointment.

Dangerous55
Sep 25, 2002, 03:35 PM
What the hell, Sonic Team cant find these errors before they ship the game? Two months though? To fix a bug? This is ultimately cheap, we should get the fixed one before the Japanese, but we wont. FUCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK, and RARE officialy announced PD for X-Box only, boo.

Ness
Sep 25, 2002, 03:52 PM
On 2002-09-25 13:35, Dangerous55 wrote:
What the hell, Sonic Team cant find these errors before they ship the game? Two months though? To fix a bug? This is ultimately cheap, we should get the fixed one before the Japanese, but we wont. FUCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK, and RARE officialy announced PD for X-Box only, boo.

I agree it was some very bad programming on ST's part. It's probably because they couldn't mmet the release date requirement if they tightened it up. I have a huntch that ST knew about all the bugs before the shipped the original game.

Dangerous55
Sep 25, 2002, 05:25 PM
On 2002-09-25 13:52, Ness wrote:

I have a huntch that ST knew about all the bugs before the shipped the original game.

Ya, all because they hate me. ME!

VariantXL
Sep 25, 2002, 11:12 PM
Rigggght.... sonic team just wanted to waste more money by printing out a patch copy of pso for every other copy they made and sold ooh!! they soo wanted to do that.They wanted to bring those coders and testers back to pay them for 2 more months worth of work. All this money down the shitter..... all part of Sonic Team's evil master plan..... oooooh. Theres always bugs in games... its just a stupid one they missed.

labratpat
Sep 26, 2002, 11:31 AM
If it is a "simple bug," why didn't Sonic Team catch it the first time?

Dangerous55
Sep 26, 2002, 02:34 PM
On 2002-09-26 09:31, labratpat wrote:
If it is a "simple bug," why didn't Sonic Team catch it the first time?

Thats my point, why didnt they?