PDA

View Full Version : Your favorite one hit wonder

InfinityXXX
Feb 18, 2006, 11:02 PM
I was watching VH1's top 100 one hit wonder and I found out that there are a lot of one hit wonders.

Which one hit wonder was your favorite, if not favorite, one that you heard a lot?

These are mine-
1. Minnie Ripperton's-Loving You
2.Lou Bega-Mambo numba 5
3. Who let the dogs out?
4. Don't worry, by happy
5. Diagble People's-Cool like that(I'm cool like dat, I'm cool like dat)
5. Macarena!
6. Sir mix a lot's-Baby got back
7. Funkytown

If I can remember more I'll relist them.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: InfinityXXX on 2006-02-18 20:23 ]</font>

zwandude15
Feb 18, 2006, 11:10 PM
The Macarena was number one last time I watched something similar to that...and that was about three years ago.

ABDUR101
Feb 18, 2006, 11:22 PM
On 2006-02-18 20:10, zwandude15 wrote:
The Macarena was number one last time I watched something similar to that...and that was about three years ago.

He wants to know your favorite One-Hit Wonders.

Pretty much every song that was on that count-down I grew up listening to, and a ton more that weren't One-Hit Wonders. Really can't offer any kind of managable list.

WashuSaotome
Feb 18, 2006, 11:33 PM
Grove is in the Heart - Dee Lite

My dad owned the CD at one point and I used to play it until it overheated with joy!

I love those nuts! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Blitzkommando
Feb 19, 2006, 12:44 AM
True - Spandau Ballet
Smoke from a Distant Fire
Come on Eileen - Dexys Midnight Runners
Take On Me - a-ha
99 Luftballons (Original German only) - Nena
Sukiyaki - Kyu Sakamoto
She Blinded Me With Science - Thomas Dolby (Don't know it? Look it up. Great song)
Precious And Few - Climax
Judy in Disguise (With Glasses) -John Fred & His Playboy Band
In A Big Country - Big Country
Walking On Sunshine - Katrina & The Waves

Funny though, most of my favorite songs aren't one hit wonders. Guess that shows how much my taste differs from the average person.

Guntz348
Feb 19, 2006, 02:59 AM
The greatest song ever written in the 80's, Ah-Ha's Take on Me! C'mon now thats such a great song and truly is the greatest one hit wonder ever. That and the Saftey Dance by Men Without Hats.

ABDUR101
Feb 19, 2006, 03:25 AM
On 2006-02-18 23:59, Guntz348 wrote:
The greatest song ever written in the 80's, Ah-Ha's Take on Me! C'mon now thats such a great song and truly is the greatest one hit wonder ever. That and the Saftey Dance by Men Without Hats.

The music video for it was bitchin.

..sad..I remember when we first got cable, and found MTV. The first time I ever saw that video was on an episode of Beavis and Butthead.

rena-ko
Feb 19, 2006, 06:59 AM
A-Ha arent one-hit-wonders tho.

imho, Raumschiff Edelweiss. startrek parody-themed electronic dance-music.

Guntz348
Feb 19, 2006, 09:38 AM
On 2006-02-19 03:59, rena-ko wrote:
A-Ha arent one-hit-wonders tho.

This is true actually, but in the U.S. they are considered one hit wonders since on this side of the pond they only had one song. Much like Nena with 99 Luftballons was a one hit wonder here, they had more hits in EU.

Madzozs
Feb 19, 2006, 09:49 AM
3. Who let the dogs out?

These weren't one hit wonders. The baha men had 2 or 3 other songs that sucked an equal amount of ass. And Sir MixALot had a few others too.

Kizaragu
Feb 19, 2006, 12:23 PM
On 2006-02-19 06:49, Madzozs wrote:

3. Who let the dogs out?

These weren't one hit wonders. The baha men had 2 or 3 other songs that sucked an equal amount of ass. And Sir MixALot had a few others too.

I think you're missing the whole concept of what a 'One hit wonder' actually is.

My favourite's probably 'Breakfast as Tiffany's' by Deep Blue Something. Classic.

Dangerous55
Feb 19, 2006, 04:23 PM
Sugar, Sugar- The Archies