PDA

View Full Version : Just wishing there was a better way.

DevinTre
Feb 20, 2006, 05:06 PM
Sometimes I find myself in a quite a predicament on GC. As I have mentioned in other threads, I have friends that are legit, as well as some that hack using AR or even use a proxy server. Before I invite people to teams, I let them know up front who will be playing and verify that they are legit, etc. But sometimes I run into a case where I end up in a team with both types or friends that use questionable items or have a "suspicious" prowess (like a level 102 RAmar doing more damage than a 120 RAcast), such as last night with someone I normally know to be legit. It doesn't help when I can't prove or tell for myself, one way or the other, but as luck would have it, no rares are found during such a run to show otherwise. Yet I find rares with said friends by myself, generally speaking.

I know the saying. Tell me who your friends are, and I'll tell you who you are. I'm not going to beg someone to believe me when I say I'm legit, that I only stack from time to time primarily offline to feed mags, but ... I dunno. -_- I'm really flexible when I game though, and I think as long as you're upfront about whether or not you hack or not, it's fine. Some get offended when you ask if they're legit, or they say/think they are when they're using a very obviously hacked item and you have to break it to them that they, um, aren't legit. Maybe I'm just too open-minded for my own good when it comes to my friends.

I know you can't please everyone, and I hope that's not what it sounds like I'm trying to do. I just don't like conflicts among my friends. It just gets difficult sometimes. I prefer confrontation to conflict, personally. Maybe I just don't relate. ^_^;; Oh well.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DevinTre on 2006-02-21 08:13 ]</font>