PDA

View Full Version : Answer these for me please.

Mystil
Feb 21, 2006, 04:38 PM
The more HP you have the less chances of knockdown?

Jellen negates knockdown effect when characters have high HP?

After say level 180, is it stupid to not cast Jellen on Gal Gryphon?

One more..is it wise to even USE HP mats? My hune has 1330HP and I somehow feel that I better not eat anymore .

I've asked this elsewhere but I've only gotten an smart ass answer like I'm supposed to already know this.

I grew up on the idea that you don't jellen gal and that high DFP is a bad thing. This HP stuff is new to me.

Lightfox
Feb 21, 2006, 04:43 PM
I think the knockdown depends enterely of DFP, and with the HP materials donīt worry, there is a limit for materials, but the limit for HP materials is other countdown (125)

Charmander02
Feb 21, 2006, 04:44 PM
On 2006-02-21 13:38, Silhouette wrote:
The more HP you have the less chances of knockdown?

Jellen negates knockdown effect when characters have high HP?

After say level 180, is it stupid to not cast Jellen on Gal Gryphon?

One more..is it wise to even USE HP mats? My hune has 1330HP and I somehow feel that I better not eat anymore .

I've asked this elsewhere but I've only gotten an smart ass answer like I'm supposed to already know this.

I grew up on the idea that you don't jellen gal and that high DFP is a bad thing. This HP stuff is new to me.

The first and second question yes. The others i dont know about.

Saiffy
Feb 21, 2006, 05:06 PM
Only some attacks stop knocking you down because of HP. And I believe those are attacks that do fixed damage(Garanz for example). Everything else is dependent on your DFP and their ATP.

I dunno about Gal at all though. I have over 1700 HP and he does knock me down still. I figure it's based on DFP/ATP though.

EJ
Feb 21, 2006, 05:45 PM
The reason you not suppose to jellen gal is because when it charges instead of knocking you down it will som mulitple small damages and will OHK you.

I personally never cast jellen on Gal after it killed me with one hit online I just do Zalure on it.

WhiteDisciple
Feb 22, 2006, 09:44 AM
On 2006-02-21 14:45, ForceEJ wrote:
The reason you not suppose to jellen gal is because when it charges instead of knocking you down it will som mulitple small damages and will OHK you.

I personally never cast jellen on Gal after it killed me with one hit online I just do Zalure on it.

I know what that feels like... http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_mad.gif Same thing with Garanz if you're not knocked down. You get exploded, and your innards decorate the walls...

Neith
Feb 22, 2006, 03:51 PM
Also happens with the Ep4 bosse's tornado attack- I think if you have 1600+ HP, you don't fall over from it.

metatime
Feb 22, 2006, 04:57 PM
On 2006-02-22 12:51, UrikoBB3 wrote:
Also happens with the Ep4 bosse's tornado attack- I think if you have 1600+ HP, you don't fall over from it.

And Gal gryphon tornado attack too.

After level 180 something, players HP and Defense are too high that even having Jellen off does not help to knock you down especially RAs and HUs.

Ladriachan
Feb 22, 2006, 05:18 PM
DFP is what matters if you fall down or not, if you need to fall down, take off your shield... or just use a crappy one >_>

GrumblyStuff
Feb 22, 2006, 08:20 PM
Which versions does this affect? On the GC version, I don't get knocked down from Baranz but I don't get raped from the remaining missiles.

BahnKnakyu
Feb 22, 2006, 08:30 PM
Looks like some incorrect info is floating around in this thread, but Saiffy (as usual) has it right.

You get knocked down when something does 20% or more of your total HP. Fixed damage attacks tend to do this when you're lower leveled or you play a lower HP class (FOmar). Sometimes this is good, sometimes this is bad. If you've ever gotten hit by a Baranz in Ult on PSOBB or in online mode V3 Ult you'll know what I mean.

Your DFP and their ATP ALSO determines the amount of damage you take from all other physical damage attacks. Do take note this is NOT the same as fixed damage attacks. A good example of fixed damage attacks is Falz' bitchslap - it'll do a set amount of damage no matter what you wear and what you do. To reduce your tendency to get knocked down by physical attacks, you can do the following:
- Wear better DFP gear.
- Eat more Def Materials (be careful not to mess up your maxing).
- Get a good support character's help - their Jellen and Deband will narrow the gap between your DFP and the enemy's ATP. This is especially prevalent in the later areas in Ult.
- Wear better HP gear.

In Ult, you'd generally want to get the first three taken care of first, and use the last as a last resort, mainly because you can have all the HP in the world, but if you can't minimize the amount of damage you're taking from stuff then that extra HP will only delay your death - case in point, take on Online LSB Ult Sinows. If you increased the amount of HP you have, sure you won't get knocked down, but those Sinows will combo you silly and worst of all, keep you on your feet, because although they will be doing a ton of damage to you, because of your large HP you won't be able to get knocked down to escape from their swipes.

hyperacute
Feb 22, 2006, 10:52 PM
High HP (1700+) can be a liability when fighting the EP4 bosses on ultimate. My RAcaseal has something like 1870 HP now and if she's unfortunate enough to get hit by the tornados when closing in on the boss, no knockdown means instakill (even hammering the 'mate shortcut doesn't seem to stop it). Thankfully, I'm getting very good at avoiding them.

Oh and De Ral Lie's purple ball thingies can potentially be fatal with no knockdown. I'm not falling for that one again though...XD

Mystil
Feb 23, 2006, 11:39 AM
Ok thanks for all your replies. And this is for the GC version. I know I know, I need to make proper use of that version notice thingy.

Anyway, my friends told me to jellen gal cause they had high hp. Both were respectivly level 183 and level 190. I KNEW by doing this though - WHO was going to die. And sure enough it was me. They didn't die though. My DFP is maxed at 390 D: and you can't classify 1095HP as good or decent HP. Sorry but they will have to be mad and I will look out for them better - no jellen at no cost.

BahnKnakyu
Feb 24, 2006, 08:51 PM
On 2006-02-23 08:39, Silhouette wrote:
Anyway, my friends told me to jellen gal cause they had high hp. Both were respectivly level 183 and level 190. I KNEW by doing this though - WHO was going to die. And sure enough it was me. They didn't die though. My DFP is maxed at 390 D: and you can't classify 1095HP as good or decent HP. Sorry but they will have to be mad and I will look out for them better - no jellen at no cost.

Yeah, at this point it's more of a you or them sorta thing. If you don't Jellen it, I'm pretty sure Gal will run THEM over and kill them, since he'd probably do enough damage to take chunks off their HP, but not enough to knock them down. If you Jellen it, then you'll die... so at this point, it's really a tossup. Then again, I wouldn't take a FOnie or a FOmar to Gal anyway (unless they're ridiculously overleveled), FOmarl and FOnewms would survive better there. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif