PDA

View Full Version : PSO Demo

Imohep
Feb 22, 2006, 03:16 PM
So I downloaded the PSO PC demo today (not Blue Burst Beta, the 13mb tryout one, just to see what it it like). And it's very weird. You play in Forest 1 with a HUmar who you do not create. There are insane amounts of enemies for a demo, but they cannot hit or damage you. You have four monomates, but cannot actually use them, since you never suffer damage. All the item boxes have nothing in, apart from one rare box in the last room, which has a telepipe. However, as the only menu option is 'Quit Game' it is not actually possible to use the pipe at all! In conclusion, a very weird demo...

StryderPSO
Feb 22, 2006, 11:39 PM
you probably have the wrong keyboard settings, since it's a japanese demo...

Do yourself a favor and get the Blue Burst Demo...it's awesome

Imohep
Feb 23, 2006, 07:54 AM
On 2006-02-22 20:39, StryderPSO wrote:
you probably have the wrong keyboard settings, since it's a japanese demo...

Do yourself a favor and get the Blue Burst Demo...it's awesome

Probably...It was hard enough to find the demo in the first place!

I'm downloading the BB demo at the mo..only got dial-up tho...35 hours to go and counting:cool: Thank god for download managers:D

metatime
Feb 23, 2006, 11:29 AM
Even after you download BB, you still have to download the update patch though BB and thats a few hundred MB.

Eihwaz
Feb 23, 2006, 12:56 PM
And once you've downloaded BB, and all the patches, you have to give your credit card info, and sign up for an HL to play the two week trial. If you decide to keep playing after your two weeks are up, you will be charged 8.98 every 28 days.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Eihwaz on 2006-02-23 09:58 ]</font>

Ryna
Feb 23, 2006, 01:51 PM
On 2006-02-22 12:16, Imohep wrote:
So I downloaded the PSO PC demo today (not Blue Burst Beta, the 13mb tryout one, just to see what it it like). And it's very weird. You play in Forest 1 with a HUmar who you do not create. There are insane amounts of enemies for a demo, but they cannot hit or damage you. You have four monomates, but cannot actually use them, since you never suffer damage. All the item boxes have nothing in, apart from one rare box in the last room, which has a telepipe. However, as the only menu option is 'Quit Game' it is not actually possible to use the pipe at all! In conclusion, a very weird demo...

If I remember correctly, that is the original PC demo. Your Humar was invincible and there were dozens of Boomas. That was a really weird demonstration program. If I had never played PSO before, I would not have liked the impressions that the demo gave about the game.

Imohep
Feb 23, 2006, 01:58 PM
On 2006-02-23 08:29, metatime wrote:
Even after you download BB, you still have to download the update patch though BB and thats a few hundred MB.

You're not serious!:sad: Forget it then, its pointless!