PDA

View Full Version : Unreduced Special attacks?

GrumblyStuff
Feb 22, 2006, 03:42 PM
A few weapons in the database are said to have unreduced specials. What does that mean?

I mean, Red Saber's special is Gush but I only get 60 HP on U. Chain Sawd's special is unreduced Gush and I get 120 per hit. Does unreduced mean twice as effective?

Tact
Feb 22, 2006, 03:47 PM
On 2006-02-22 12:42, GrumblyStuff wrote:
A few weapons in the database are said to have unreduced specials. What does that mean?

I mean, Red Saber's special is Gush but I only get 60 HP on U. Chain Sawd's special is unreduced Gush and I get 120 per hit. Does unreduced mean twice as effective?

No.

Weapons that either hit more than one enemy, or hit one enemy more than three times in a combo have reduced specials (reduced, as in chance of hit).

Weapons that have unreduced specials aren't afflicted by the chance-of-hit reduction.

(Note: I am unsure whether it is the effectiveness of the special, or the chance of hit. I did get most of it, though. Could someone confirm/disprove me?)

Saiffy
Feb 22, 2006, 04:05 PM
How effecttive the special is reduced is based on the weapons type. If the weapon is unreduced, the special will just have max efficency no matter what the weapon type.

Daggers have 1/2 reduction
Mechguns have 1/3
Shots have 1/5
Slicers have 1/4

I'm not sure about swords and partisans.

Also, for Demon's and Devil's, the efficency of the special isn't reduced, just the chance of it hitting.

RadiantLegend
Feb 22, 2006, 06:23 PM
Demon and devil specials are reduced on bots *__*

Hrith
Feb 22, 2006, 06:58 PM
You made a major mistake, Saiff >_>

Mechguns have 1/3 reduction
Shots have 1/3 reduction
Slicers have 1/3 reduction

then...
Partisans have 1/2 reduction
Swords have 1/2 reduction
Double Sabers have 1/2 reduction
Paired Swords have 1/2 reduction
Launchers have 1/2 reduction

Saiffy
Feb 22, 2006, 10:55 PM
On 2006-02-22 15:58, Kef wrote:
You made a major mistake, Saiff >_>

Mechguns have 1/3 reduction
Shots have 1/3 reduction
Slicers have 1/3 reduction

then...
Partisans have 1/2 reduction
Swords have 1/2 reduction
Double Sabers have 1/2 reduction
Paired Swords have 1/2 reduction
Launchers have 1/2 reduction

I assumed http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

I figured that sword and partisan would've been a lot worse of a reduction though.