PDA

View Full Version : VALKYRIE PROFILE!

BogusKun
Feb 22, 2006, 09:33 PM
Well the New Valkyrie Profile will be out for PS2... but what I'm really waiting for in a few months is the original Valkyrie Profile coming out for PSP. I played and beat it so many times and I know for a fact I fully mastered the game. I hear new CGs in the original but... nothing new as far as caves.

Anyone have the same interest for these series of game as I do? I loved the fighting system and all. I mean, it was a crazy game and it's all I did. At the time I wasn't big on RPGs/Side-Scrolling. It was one of the best games in my book and I still play whenever I have the chance. However the PS1 Card will be outdated on PS3 I think (what I heard).
I was also able to get wallpapers from the game by inserting the VP game in my computer a few years ago... might need to do it again.

Anyways, to all who haven't played it, Valkyrie Profile is a Norse-Mythology game. The first one is a real good game you shouldn't miss out on. You should invest in the game.

I think it is SQUARE-ENIX remaking the game because ENIX created it long ago. If I like the game, you RPGers REALLY would like it... because I think a lot of RPGs suck p.p. and this one not only has great battle system and combos but...

animation
music (which may be arranged in this one)
modes (very easy, easy, normal, hard, very hard)
new CGs
LONG GAME
and I read the manga, but this is the first game that surpasses the manga to me.

I think you should try it out before the new one comes.

DizzyDi
Feb 22, 2006, 10:42 PM
I loved this game. One of the most unique RPGs ever. I loved the setting/story/graphical style/musical score/chracters, everything. FF borrows a lot from Norse mythology so its only right for the Norse to have thier own game where Midgard isn't just some futuristic bleak city. I can't wait for the PSP remake, I badly need some more games to play for my PSP, especially RPGs. And I DEFINATELY can't wait for the prequel. It looks BEAUTIFUL. I do hope they refine the battle system a bit, to me it was just button mashing and I didn't have much trouble beating the enemies and bosses. IMO Enix is betting at making memorable, solid, quality RPGs than Square. I love pretty much all of Enix's RPGs. The Dragon Quest series, Star Ocean, Valkyrie Profile, they're really talented folks over there.