PDA

View Full Version : FanFic: A Short, Untitled

Solstis
Feb 23, 2006, 04:35 PM
I was testing segues and whatnot... experimenting with the reader's expectations and soforth. Didn't finish this in time for the contest (actually, I think that I did, but just didn't like it at the time). On second thought, I probably should have

He struck the handle of his pallash with his fist.

"Work, will ya?"

Solstis shrugged as the device emitted a sharp warning sound and sparked. He turned over at his companion and tossed the broken contraption at him.

"Toldos, put this one in the pile." Solstis said to the short newman.

"Yeah." The newm idly replied, tossing the dead weapon

A bird flew overhead, not particularly interested in the Hunters below, and they paid it no mind. If they had looked upwards, they would have noticed that the bird's plumage was a rare and previously undiscovered shade of blue. This particular bird liked to nest in the cliffs around the crater region, swooping in to grab the small lizards that lived nearby. Its only predator was a certain type of cliff dwelling snake which would

Solstis pulled another pallash off of his belt and ignited the device away from his body. Pointing the device towards his body might tickle in a deadly manner, half of his brain briefly surmised. The other half scowled a bit and called its companion a ninny. A robotic being charged

The bird was dismayed to find that out of its clutch of three, only one chick remained. It had been a harsh year for the bird's family. Her mate had been shot by a stray photon bullet, one of her eggs had fallen out of the nest during a strong storm, and now two chicks had been dragged away and eaten.

The blue bird, though not quite capable of cognitive thought or counting for that matter, was upset

Toldos focused his mind; or at least, a good quarter of it and called forth a bolt of lightning from the sky. With unerring accuracy, the bolt hit the robot, stunning it long enough for Solstis to

Unfortunately for the bird, its nest

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Solstis on 2006-02-23 13:38 ]</font>

Dre_o
Feb 23, 2006, 04:38 PM
....Did I miss something or is this short not finished? I probably missed something....

Solstis
Feb 23, 2006, 04:43 PM
On 2006-02-23 13:38, Dre_o wrote:
....Did I miss something or is this short not finished? I probably missed something....

I was testing segues and whatnot... experimenting with the reader's expectations and soforth. Didn't finish this in time for the contest (actually, I think that I did, but just didn't like it at the time). On second thought, I probably should have