PDA

View Full Version : 197 Monomates?

FOshizzle
Feb 24, 2006, 08:01 PM
well as some know i am knew to these forums. i clearly saw On one of the PSO tutorials Adam was holding 197 monomates. how is this possible?

Ketchup345
Feb 24, 2006, 08:04 PM
Using a cheat method called stacking. It disables/significanly reduces rares though.

Dhylec
Feb 24, 2006, 08:08 PM
It's so many becuase of a cheating glitch called stacking. The cheat allows typical items to exceed the 10 limit.

There is on serious disadvantage using that cheat: the holder will disable all rare drops. So, make sure it's not the room maker or team leader.

trypticon
Feb 24, 2006, 11:11 PM
Zomg! Somebody watched that episode? I took one look at the topic title and thought, oh that reads familiar.

As the previous two posters wrote, it is stacking, and it disables rare drops completely. At the time of that filming, I was testing the drop rate while holding stacks. After a week of hard play without a rare dropping, I came to the conclusion that stacking does stop rare drops.

Haven't stacked since then, and I'm not even able to anymore since I only play on PSO plus. I refuse to play with people who do. If I remember correctly, it doesn't matter if it's the game maker that is stacking or not, so long as somebody in the game with you is, no rares will drop.

Dhylec
Feb 24, 2006, 11:49 PM
If I remember correctly, it doesn't matter if it's the game maker that is stacking or not, so long as somebody in the game with you is, no rares will drop.
Well, if that's true, then it's worse than initially thought.
Heh, the lesson is: DON'T CHEAT.. HMMKAY? ;D

GalaxTheWanderer
Feb 25, 2006, 11:01 AM
Dhylec is right...
DO NOT CHEAT!!!!

Dreadlock
Feb 25, 2006, 06:07 PM
One thought you could only exceed the limit of 10 up to 99. 197? Disturbing.

Giiven
Feb 25, 2006, 07:28 PM
On 2006-02-24 20:49, Dhylec wrote:

If I remember correctly, it doesn't matter if it's the game maker that is stacking or not, so long as somebody in the game with you is, no rares will drop.
Well, if that's true, then it's worse than initially thought.
Heh, the lesson is: DON'T CHEAT.. HMMKAY? ;D

Okay. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

Pobega
Feb 26, 2006, 01:18 PM
Uhm, I was in a game with a stacker and rares still dropped. Only the leader affects the drop rates.

RaDave
Mar 14, 2006, 06:35 AM
is stackable possible offline...

Dhylec
Mar 14, 2006, 11:15 AM
RaDave wrote:

I believe this is a question. ;D
Yes, stacking is doable both online & offline. But, only for GC Ep1+2, not plus. Other versions, as far as I know, are not possible.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dhylec on 2006-03-14 12:28 ]</font>

Black-Dragon
Mar 14, 2006, 12:28 PM
Not to be a jerk and correct you or anything, but stacking is possible on XB offline and online. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Dhylec
Mar 14, 2006, 03:19 PM
Black-Dragon wrote:
Not to be a jerk and correct you or anything, but stacking is possible on XB offline and online. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Actually, I needed soneone on XB side to confirm this, since I do not know how well the cheating goes on it. Thanks, I'll try to remember this for future questions.

RaDave
Mar 15, 2006, 06:22 AM
is there a guide on here to talk us through it?

EJ
Mar 15, 2006, 06:28 AM
No, we can talk about cheating but you are NOT allowed to talk about the method in which they are done.

EDIT: Inserted the word "NOT"

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ryna on 2006-03-15 07:00 ]</font>

firefox0014
Mar 17, 2006, 11:38 AM
I say cheaters don't know how to play games or find them hard... PSO is NOT hard, and it isn't a game where knowing how to play is hard eather.

Shigecki
Apr 3, 2006, 07:48 PM
On 2006-03-15 03:28, ForceEJ wrote:
No, we can talk about cheating but you are NOT allowed to talk about the method in which they are done.

EDIT: Inserted the word "NOT"

Unless it talking about piping, which also takes advantage of a glitch in the game for offline.

I never understood why one was cheating and the other was "finding" a rare. Trust me I do neither.

metatime
Apr 3, 2006, 10:03 PM
piping offline is not a glitch, it is originally programmed that way otherwise ST would have done something about that.

Glitches with each coming PSO upgrades was fixed (especiallly from PSO v1 to v2) and then the dupe and stack glitch from PSO to PSO+

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: metatime on 2006-04-03 20:05 ]</font>

Shigecki
Apr 4, 2006, 02:18 AM
No piping on BB, have no idea if you can still stack though.

SLON
Apr 4, 2006, 06:41 AM
Piping is exceedingly dull; good luck to anyone employing that glitch/cheat!!

metatime
Apr 4, 2006, 12:26 PM
On 2006-04-04 00:18, Shigecki wrote:

You can never pipe online on any version of PSO, only offline

Shigecki
Apr 4, 2006, 01:37 PM
On 2006-04-04 10:26, metatime wrote:

On 2006-04-04 00:18, Shigecki wrote:

You can never pipe online on any version of PSO, only offline

Thus the glitch was fixed. They removed the problem, thus fixing the glitch. They made it online only. BB is supposed to be the sure fire no cheating version of the game. Think about it, they removed this ability (offline), getting rid of the ability to pipe for anything. Using your agrument(it is originally programmed that way otherwise ST would have done something about that), piping is/was cheating. Looks to me like they did something about it.

This doesn't answer if someone is still able to stack while playing BB though.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shigecki on 2006-04-04 11:41 ]</font>

metatime
Apr 5, 2006, 01:13 AM
The enemies are not regenerated online because the client synch with the server, otherwise person A will see a monster with different HP and stats then person B would if the game does not synch with the server.

Regardless if ST wanted to change the piping trick or not, they have no choice but to do it.

To answer you question, the stacking glitch is fixed in PSO+ but I don't know if a new stacking glitch emerged in BB or not.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: metatime on 2006-04-04 23:16 ]</font>

Zelutos
Apr 5, 2006, 02:32 AM
On 2006-03-14 03:35, RaDave wrote:

Yep, but it still makes it so rares don't drop as often as you want them to.

metatime
Apr 5, 2006, 03:28 PM
To end this argument about the piping "glitch," a glitch/bug by definition is "A defect in the code or routine of a program."

Sonic Team Intentionally made monsters regenerate in the game. In fact you don't even need to create a TP to have the enemies regenerate, you can take a warp back to P2 and run back into the stage for the enemies to regenerate. It is not a defect in code since monster regenerate every single time you go back and forth from P2 to the dungeon.

People might be asking why ST decided to do this. The answer is simple, saving enemies stats like for example HP, enemies deaths, etc, takes too much system resources. The system will have to save stats for every monsters in every stage in every dungeon. That is why you can not play PSO on a LAN because either you need a server to synch with all other players that you play with or you need a dedicated GC to host a game.

Sega did this to every single PSO game that was release except BB because of the reasons I mentioned above.

In the end ST did this not because it is a gameplay reason or moral reason but because it is a technical reason.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: metatime on 2006-04-05 13:39 ]</font>

Shigecki
Apr 5, 2006, 04:03 PM
I guess we can agree to disagree, my stand is that piping is cheating and no one can really give me a good reason on why it isn't. Maybe glitch isn't the right word, but I feel it is taking advantage of something that is not intended to do. I don't feel ST did this with the purpose of going back and forth to pioneer in the hopes of getting a rare enemy. There are 3 quests that provide ample amounts of enemies that have rare counterparts(fake in yellow, forrest of sorrow, and addicting food). Do these enough times and a rare enemy will show up. Just like duping, piping doesn't take as much time to do as looking for an item. Sure you kill the enemy yourself, but you didn't really find it, you got it instead. So sorry about the miscommunication with the word "glitch".

Anyway, I do have a question about stacking. Has ST come out and stated that if a person stacks, the drop rate is turned off/down?

I'll give you a little story. Recently I was doing a run with a buddy of mine. It was an open game. We are both legit players, and someone entered the game. Well in forest 2 we found a pal rappy, but all he dropped was a barrier of some sort. Suck, but it happens. Well a long story shortened, after we kill Dal Ral Lie, and returned to pioneer, the other player typed "Legit?" My response was yes. He was wondering why no rares dropped. My response, "maybe because they are rares."

I bring this up because the mind can and does play tricks on us. If we think we are finding rares or getting good cmode maps because we are doing certain things, or not doing certain things, then that is why. Maybe we only pay attention to the times someone hosts a game and no rares drop and then assume that is the reason. When the reason is that they just didn't drop on that run. Thus being what they are, rare.

The only reason I asked is just for my knowledge. I haven't read this anywhere but in forums like this one. I haven't read any official notice about this. Thanks.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shigecki on 2006-04-05 14:11 ]</font>

metatime
Apr 5, 2006, 04:19 PM
I empathize with your view of the piping trick especially with the cheating that is going on these days in PSO. My view and experience on piping is that it is not a guarantee enemy appearance and a guarantee rare drop. I tried piping for 1/21 drops from enemies for a couple of hours each day and nothing but meseta or items drop and I gave up. Piping is boring and that is why most people don't do it that often in the first place.

There are always "tricks" that the programmer, intentionally or not, have put into the game. Unlike games in the past where you can't update glitches, ST had many chances to fix many glitches in the many iteration of PSO, which they did.

The point I'm trying to get in here is that there is a difference between a "trick" and a "glitch" and in my educated view, it is a trick for reasons given before that I had mentioned.

As to answer your question, ST have not made any official annoucement about stacking. Having more then 10 items for a particular item has never been coded for a player. Having more then 10 items seem to cause conflict with other parts of the code in the game so that is why rares rarely drop or not at all. This is definitely a glitch causing another glitch.

Saiffy
Apr 5, 2006, 09:56 PM
If you have the code for enemies to always drop rares on, and are using something that stops rares from dropping, it won't drop rares. That's how you know stuff stops rare drops.

xEWx_The_Fox
Apr 14, 2006, 11:21 AM
its hacked not stacked and u can get 255 hacked.

Lux
Apr 16, 2006, 11:01 PM
There is on serious disadvantage using that cheat: the holder will disable all rare drops. So, make sure it's not the room maker or team leader.

Wow, sounds funky. Does anyone understand this technically (I'm programmer)? Sounds really exotic to me, so PM me if you know it http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

trypticon
Apr 18, 2006, 02:37 AM
On 2006-04-16 21:01, Lux wrote:

Wow, sounds funky. Does anyone understand this technically (I'm programmer)? Sounds really exotic to me, so PM me if you know it http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Read the forum rules. You are asking for somebody to PM you a method of cheating, and that is not acceptable at this site. Can somebody lock this topic already?

Lux
Apr 20, 2006, 11:28 PM
No I'm not asking for the way how to do it, I'm legit to my bones. It just makes no sense to me that no rare weapons drop when you got 11 monomates. I don't see any connection for this behaviour so it woke my curiosity.

VioletSkye
Apr 21, 2006, 07:32 PM
On 2006-04-20 21:28, Lux wrote:
No I'm not asking for the way how to do it, I'm legit to my bones. It just makes no sense to me that no rare weapons drop when you got 11 monomates. I don't see any connection for this behaviour so it woke my curiosity.

It does seem strange, but I can verify 100% that it is in fact the case. Any items stacked outside of their "normal" limit completely stops rares from dropping, as does a mag that is over level 200 (even if it is only 201.) And contrary to popular belief, it doesn't just "affect" the drop rate, it "STOPS" the drops completely. Also, just for good measure, I will point out that PDs are not considered a rare by the game. They are actually classified as tools even though they are in a red box. I mention that in case someone says "it doesn't stop rare drops for me, I found a PD" http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

As to why it stops them from dropping, It doesn't make sense to me really either. Ten monomates in hex is read as 0A by the game whereas 11 is read as 0B and considering that each of those items has room in the game code for 2 bytes (4 hex spaces) and 0B and 0A each are only 1 byte, I don't know why the game disables drops especially when there is room to have up to 255 items stacked in your inventory. Obviously it falls outside of the normal game parameters and in turn affects the rare drop rate, but I couldn't tell you the specifics of it.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VioletSkye on 2006-04-21 17:45 ]</font>

BORBAN
Apr 23, 2006, 03:10 AM
197 monomates is useless anyways. It heals close to nothing on a maxed Hucast or Racast.

It'd take all of them just to heal up like 10 times. just get some trimate and be done with it.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: BORBAN on 2006-04-23 01:11 ]</font>