PDA

View Full Version : Boondocks Question

InfinityXXX
Feb 25, 2006, 10:18 AM
Are Riley and Huey's parents dead?

They never said this in the comic strip and they haven't said it in the show but in the last episode Adult Swim showed called "Riley Wuz here" they left a weird hint.

The crazy art teacher told Riley to spray paint someone he loved, someone thats not with him anymore. And at the end of the episode Riley wnet in a book and got a picture and painted a picture of a bride and groom. Was this his parents? When Grandad and Huey saw it they were shocked.

washuguy
Feb 25, 2006, 10:21 AM
Yeah,i think so.They made the clues obvious to get the message to the viewers I guess.

PrinceBrightstar
Feb 25, 2006, 10:25 AM
its pretty much all laid out in the first episode.

Tystys
Feb 25, 2006, 12:12 PM
The boondocks rock. Although, it's sorta apparent that their parents did indeed die....or else they would'nt be living with their grandpa....
Unless there was some legal issues or some stuff like that, O_O

InfinityXXX
Feb 25, 2006, 02:56 PM
I had always thought that they were just visiting with him.(The way they have it set up in one of the books*think its "A right to be hostile"*)

But I figured their parents had died. I wonder if they're gonna touch more on their parents and their life before they went to their grandpas later in the series.

Also, do anyone know when Huey's best friend, Michael Ceasar, and Hiro Otomo and Cindy are gonna appear in the animated series?

Atayin
Feb 25, 2006, 04:13 PM
I wish I had gotten into the comic more. I'm completely unfamiliarized with the Boondocks aside from the show, but it's a great show! It's funny and it makes you think.

That painting teacher guy reminded me of Bob Ross. Hhahaha. I was gonna post a pic of him.. but that's too much afro for one post. Somebody else can do it.

Dek
Feb 25, 2006, 06:08 PM
On 2006-02-25 11:56, InfinityXXX wrote:
Also, do anyone know when Huey's best friend, Michael Ceasar, and Hiro Otomo and Cindy are gonna appear in the animated series?

From the looks of it, they already ended the first season. If there is a second season, that would be the best time to bring them into the series

InfinityXXX
Feb 25, 2006, 08:05 PM
On 2006-02-25 13:13, Atayin wrote:
I wish I had gotten into the comic more. I'm completely unfamiliarized with the Boondocks aside from the show, but it's a great show! It's funny and it makes you think.

That painting teacher guy reminded me of Bob Ross. Hhahaha. I was gonna post a pic of him.. but that's too much afro for one post. Somebody else can do it.

Lol he reminded me of someone but I couldn't put my finger on it but he is so funny. Best part is when he pulls out the gun in the car and says "I don't like violence" then he turns the car and starts shooting at the police.lol

The song their playing during that whole scene sounds awesome(the saxaphone solo got me). I dunno who sings it though.

Atayin
Feb 25, 2006, 09:48 PM
I always notice the music in the show. I'll definately be waiting for the soundtrack.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Feb 25, 2006, 10:58 PM
I liked the MF Doom tracks in the kidnapping Oprah Episode.

Bushido Brown. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

I wondered that too, so maybe they'll get into it in more detail later.

I thought it might have been their grandad when he was younger(and his wife), for some reason. I forgot about the whole parents angle to it.