PDA

View Full Version : What's your dream job?

BlackRose
Sep 26, 2002, 09:41 PM
What would you most like to do for a career/job?

Me... i'm set on finishing apprenticeship under a Japanese tosho and become the finest swordsmith on the planet. Until then, i'll probably be either an architect or a mechanical engineer.

Kent
Sep 26, 2002, 09:51 PM
Hours apon hours apon hours of slaving away in front of a computer writing code for my latest program/game (I know what it's like)...

I haven't gotten to try any sort of 3D modeling yet besides Pixel 3D which is just... Ugh *shudder*... And Gmax is a fake (3D modeling? I don't think so). It'd be nice if I could learn how to do both, then decide but, until I find a real, decent 3D modeling demo/tutorial, I'll stick with programming.

Robert_Garcia
Sep 26, 2002, 11:06 PM
I only have one job in mind...

Army Commando!!! http://www.smilies-world.de/Smilies/nichtani_1/sevil.gif

Um...dont ask...

BWS-1
Sep 26, 2002, 11:21 PM
I want to have a dojo in japan and be the Master of this dojo teaching to the worthy souls I'll find my personnal philosophy of the martial arts. That's my dearest dream ... but I don't need to be in japan, that's just a fantasy world for me ^-^

pixelate
Sep 26, 2002, 11:31 PM
I'd love to do graphics for Conan O'Brien, like "If They Mated" or when he has photos of his parties with Max and Joel.

LollipopLolita
Sep 26, 2002, 11:34 PM
i wanna work for those tabloids that finds a jesus face in pizza cheese!

SnAPPUrU-nyan-ko
Sep 26, 2002, 11:39 PM
I want to kill people with a m4a1 automatic rifle and not get arrested for it =^-^=

BWS-1
Sep 27, 2002, 12:54 AM
On 2002-09-26 21:39, SnAPPUrU-nyan-ko wrote:
I want to kill people with a m4a1 automatic rifle and not get arrested for it =^-^=

Be a member of the S.W.A.T. Assault unit, these guys mostly go out when things need to be cleaned up*

*or messed up, depends on the point of view: clean the bunker from the drog dealers = unavoidable mess in the bunker [bullet holes everywhere, pools of blood here and there and the smell, GOD THE SMELL!!! ... ok I'll stop there http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif]

ABDUR101
Sep 27, 2002, 04:41 AM
My dream job...dear God, I never thought it existed so I never thought about it. ,_,

*/sarcasm*

=)

Hmmm. A job in which I'm used to my co-workers, a job where they tell me something to do and I actually know how to do it.

..wait..screw office work.

I wanna die young, I'll go do illegal street brawling.

Shigecki
Sep 27, 2002, 10:31 AM
Fluffer

Deathscythealpha
Sep 27, 2002, 12:09 PM
Story/Character designer for games. Already working on character designs and story for a game ive been working on in my head. Just have to write it all down properly and get it into development.

Other then that, some sort of author. Sitting about all day, chilling out, and only working when the cash starts to run out. And if your a good ebough writer, youll only have to write a book once a year. The perfect slackers job.

Nidarrock
Sep 27, 2002, 01:35 PM
Dream job would be owning a company that makes videogames & movies. Also being a partof the creative teams and actually working on the projects.

In reality I would settle for any of the following
in movies or videogames:

3D/2D modeler/animator
Character designer

Just wish there were more companies that do that sort of thing around here(NJ).

XBOX_JEDI
Sep 27, 2002, 04:16 PM
Own microsoft and make Bill Gates my bitch

labratpat
Sep 27, 2002, 06:21 PM
Either a job where I sit in a cube and do nothing but still get paid, or become ska-playing bari sax player without the usual musician/performing artist cash flow problem. And maybe something in liberal arts. But the last one is most likely and most realistic so...

_xX_Frosty_Xx_
Sep 27, 2002, 07:51 PM
I wouldn't really mind becoming a lawyer.....

Lileya
Sep 27, 2002, 08:01 PM
Before I was dreaming of being a programmer for a video game company!

Now all that matters to me is getting a job that pays at least 60k per year!

Robert_Garcia
Sep 27, 2002, 11:40 PM
On 2002-09-26 22:54, BWS-1 wrote:
unavoidable mess in the bunker [bullet holes everywhere, pools of blood here and there and the smell, GOD THE SMELL!!! ... ok I'll stop there http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif]

Hell yeah!!! http://www.smilies-world.de/Smilies/Smilies_klein_1/saevil.gif

Ness
Sep 28, 2002, 03:10 PM
As for my teenage dream job, I want to work at Gamestop. As for my real job, I wamt to be a nanobiotechnician.

Guile
Sep 28, 2002, 11:55 PM
First Pirate Astronaut...!!

sai-lou-fu
Sep 29, 2002, 09:17 AM
i wanna be a computer animator, such a cool job

Darrin
Sep 29, 2002, 02:01 PM
I want to be a proffesional skaterboarder