PDA

View Full Version : Maxing base stats before lv200

whiteninja
Feb 27, 2006, 12:26 AM
I noticed something a little odd...

I have my Ramarl, lv186, with max ATA. She has a 50 DEX mag and a God/Arm. Both have been equipped for about the past 20 levels. Well, today, I wanted to check what my stat was without the God/Arm. So I unequipped it.

It was 226.

That would mean my mag-less base stat would be 201... significantly below where it should be (according to PSOW, lv185 has 208 ATA). I unequipped my mag, and then it said 209. After requipping the mag, I had 234 ATA. I requipped the God/Arm then unequipped it again, and my ATA was 234 still.

It seems as if, when you max a stat using a slot item before lv200, any stats you gain until then actually are lost... until you remove and equip your mag again... which appears to resynchronize it.

Scopes
Feb 27, 2006, 12:44 AM
Hmm, groovy.

gokruel
Feb 27, 2006, 05:16 AM
cool thanks for sharing that info

Pobega
Feb 27, 2006, 07:21 AM
Yeah, PSO seems to not like digits not being used. It's dumb like that.

PJ
Feb 27, 2006, 07:46 AM
That'd explain when PJ had one less ATA then what he was supposed to >_>

Since PJ did have max ATA for awhile.

phantasy_king
Feb 27, 2006, 08:34 AM
Doh, if you level while having youre god arm unequipped you will see your ata fly back upto where it should be, technically even with the god arm removed you have youre max ata just theres a glitch that shows it as being lower, trust me ive tried it many times, soon as you level with no god arm on youre ata will go up the 15 points instantly and show the true value. Also I think if you quit the game and reload it after you have removed youre god arm it will show the proper value as well.

PSOPRINCE
Feb 27, 2006, 11:06 AM
that happened to my fo she has 583 atp and the number is yellow she is level 112

Dreadlock
Feb 27, 2006, 04:21 PM
Yeah. Maxing stats is a little odd, if not fearsome. Before I max out, I always take the boosting unit or mag off so I can get those points..I fear losing points when I level up with yellow maxed out stats.

whiteninja
Feb 28, 2006, 03:40 PM
Well, it there isn't any permanent change in stats from this... it looks like the game was just to stupid to calculate the right ATA at the level up. XD

Since it was already maxed, it did "ATA +1, oh, wait... It's already maxed. Nevermind." But then when you unequip and requip the mag, it recalculates the stats with the correct base level stat.

ADE
Feb 28, 2006, 03:56 PM
Yeah. Maxing stats is a little odd, if not fearsome. Before I max out, I always take the boosting unit or mag off so I can get those points..I fear losing points when I level up with yellow maxed out stats.

This doesn't happen. The game will recalculate as necessary.

Dreadlock
Feb 28, 2006, 04:30 PM
It recalculates, you say? Im on Xbox. Say I where a maxing mag and units till level 200. Then I take them off. My stats will be what they're supposed to be at 200, minus some material addages here and there?