PDA

View Full Version : Anyone knows how it is to...

BogusKun
Feb 27, 2006, 07:38 PM
Lose their grandfather?

ok i'll be more specific.
my grandpops died friday night and i dont know what to think... i havent eaten too much lately. well... bye

C A P C O M

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: BogusKun on 2006-02-27 16:55 ]</font>

ABDUR101
Feb 27, 2006, 08:54 PM
Other than realising thats what happens when you get old enough?

I don't know, I've worked in the medicare field for five years, and long before that, death is just a natural occurance that I came to terms with at a very young age.

Zelutos
Feb 27, 2006, 08:59 PM
i've lost one grandma and one grandpa, an aunt, and a dog.

Uhh...yeah.

Dreadlock
Feb 28, 2006, 05:02 PM
I fully agree with the above posters. It happens. It sucks. But it's life. You just cherish their memomies and love them for what they did in life. They're watching over all of us now.

washuguy
Feb 28, 2006, 05:17 PM
My godfather died last year.It really sucks,but hey what can you do,you know?You have to leave these things behind you,and live your life.Be thankful for every time you wake up,and go to bed.Because that,could be you.But yeah,don't beat yourself up about it,and remember that it's not your fault.I'm not saying to not be sad about it,but don't get so sad that you decide to not do anything any more like school work and stuff like that(my hands are tired...).

Logicone
Feb 28, 2006, 07:14 PM
Yes. A little too personally. Last summer, my Grandfather passed away after having truly met him for the first time. Yes, it hurts. But remeber the good times. A funeral is not a mourning of a man's death, but a celebration of his life, and what he meant to other people. And ask yourself this. Would he really want you mourning him forever? Mourn, let it out, accept it, and move on.

BogusKun
Feb 28, 2006, 07:42 PM
it's only wierd because of the fact I knew him to remember me a a little kid... and I barely saw him because he been away in another country, but I seen him every now and then. It's like as I was older he knew he was going to go. That much I know... I know it's real hard to lose a friend as young as 20-22 or same age group... totally healthy, but killed in war or on the streets. I know after my dad and grandmother mourns his loss, I know they'll be happy that he can rest knowing we can still remember him.

thanks psow

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Feb 28, 2006, 09:17 PM
My condolences.

I lost my grandfather and got some kind words when I talked about it on PSOW also.

Don't hold anything in and mourn as long as you need to. Nobody will hold it against you. You're going to be around family who will do the same.

As for the funeral, its the last time you get to see him on this Earth, so don't forget him.

Eihwaz
Feb 28, 2006, 09:26 PM
As I lost my grandfather last year, I know what it's like. It's very painful.

My sincerest condolences to you and your family.

cutegrl88
Feb 28, 2006, 11:41 PM
C A P C O M

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif^
why did you post that?

xxTrystanxx
Mar 1, 2006, 08:34 AM
I'm sorry to hear of your loss; my grandmother passed away a little over a year ago. Most of my father's family passed away when I was little, so she was all we really had left. It's a shame she never got to see me get married or meet her great-grandson. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

washuguy
Mar 1, 2006, 05:30 PM
On 2006-02-28 16:42, BogusKun wrote:
it's only wierd because of the fact I knew him to remember me a a little kid... and I barely saw him because he been away in another country, but I seen him every now and then. It's like as I was older he knew he was going to go. That much I know... I know it's real hard to lose a friend as young as 20-22 or same age group... totally healthy, but killed in war or on the streets. I know after my dad and grandmother mourns his loss, I know they'll be happy that he can rest knowing we can still remember him.

thanks psow

No problem,if you need to talk to someone we're here.

BogusKun
Mar 1, 2006, 05:37 PM
On 2006-03-01 05:34, xxTrystanxx wrote:
I'm sorry to hear of your loss; my grandmother passed away a little over a year ago. Most of my father's family passed away when I was little, so she was all we really had left. It's a shame she never got to see me get married or meet her great-grandson. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

yeah, i know i feel a little off knowing that my granpa wont see his future family.

On 2006-03-01 14:30, washuguy wrote:

On 2006-02-28 16:42, BogusKun wrote:

thanks psow

No problem,if you need to talk to someone we're here.

thanks. i know its good knowin theres people with common interest. thats what this board is about at the least.