PDA

View Full Version : PS3--Spring or Fall?

AUTO_
Feb 27, 2006, 07:47 PM
So if you've been paying attention to the PS3 lately, you know that the PS3 is still planned to be released this Spring, but they admit a Fall delay is possible do to technical problems.

So what do you guys think? Do you think Sony will deliver this Spring or not?

For one, I wouldn't put it past Sony to release some faulty hardware to get it out early, and I don't think they want to give MS a head start.

...but on the other hand I think this might be something Sony will be smart enough to delay, plus I don't think they really have the release titles yet nor their shit in a group for a spring release.

So what do you guys think?

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Feb 28, 2006, 02:20 AM
Spring in Japan? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_confused.gif

Fall for US/EU?

Or that's how it usually will go.

On this side of the shore its more about making the money during the end year holidays yeah?

Can you name a dozen launch games off the top of your head?, because I sure can't.

A Spring release might bring about just as much or less than the # of XBOX 360's launch titles I'd say.

I don't see a PS3 being released before Zelda or FFXII/KH2 myself. But well, Sony has a thing for releasing mega priced consoles before good software comes about. I'm hoping for good stuff though, don't get me wrong.

Polly
Feb 28, 2006, 02:38 AM
http://www.gamespot.com/news/6144963.html

Just a bit of info.

GrumblyStuff
Feb 28, 2006, 03:35 AM
Well, after saying NO IT WILL SHIP and now this WELL MAYBE IT MIGHT BE LATER means YES IT WILL BE LATER.

Anyway, MS already got a head start not that anyone really cares. Sony would be better off delaying and getting their shit in order.

washuguy
Feb 28, 2006, 09:18 AM
I meant to vote for fall,but any way the reason is my folks arn't stingy when it comes to holidays.And it gives them time to work the bugs out of the system.(Did anyone hear something about the new Boudokai?).

GrumblyStuff
Feb 28, 2006, 09:55 AM
Why won't Dragon Ball just die already? I mean, didn't Naruto take over for most overly dramatized and drawn out fights?

KodiaX987
Feb 28, 2006, 11:52 AM
Winter release. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif

washuguy
Feb 28, 2006, 12:48 PM
On 2006-02-28 08:52, KodiaX987 wrote:
Winter release. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif

That would be the best!

Wyndham
Feb 28, 2006, 01:12 PM
Yeah, I'd like Dragon Ball to be ovedr and done with.
But anyway, I believe Fall is most likely, and that the Revolution might even get a close release.
I'm really not looking foreward to the PS3 at all, though.
I'm actually finding myself wanting a 360, which is actually a very scary thought, for a person who uses a Macintosh computer, and never buying a Microsoft game system ever. I've never even held an Xbox controller in my life.

GrumblyStuff
Feb 28, 2006, 01:35 PM
Get a 360? Why? It's not like you can hack it, put in a 200 GB harddrive with emulators for NES, SNES, N64, Master System and Genesis, PS1, Linux Dashboard, and ripping programs for DVDs and Xbox games. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

AUTO_
Feb 28, 2006, 03:15 PM
On 2006-02-27 23:20, HAYABUSA-FMW- wrote:
Spring in Japan? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_confused.gif

Fall for US/EU?

Or that's how it usually will go.

I could be wrong but I'm pretty positive Sony announced all would have the same release date.

sunshade
Feb 28, 2006, 03:54 PM
has to be fall.http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

washuguy
Feb 28, 2006, 05:23 PM
On 2006-02-28 10:12, Oran1324 wrote:
But anyway, I believe Fall is most likely, and that the Revolution might even get a close release.
I'm actually finding myself wanting a 360, which is actually a very scary thought, for a person who uses a Macintosh computer, and never buying a Microsoft game system ever. I've never even held an Xbox controller in my life.

The 360 is the most deffective system ever...You will regret buying it...

Charmander02
Feb 28, 2006, 05:38 PM
I say fall, i mean PS3 is going to be big, and the people at Sony need as much time to perfect thier system.

darthsaber9x9
Feb 28, 2006, 06:19 PM
PS3 is going to -or rather- should flop. I hope anyway.

Solstis
Feb 28, 2006, 06:29 PM
On 2006-02-28 14:23, washuguy wrote:

On 2006-02-28 10:12, Oran1324 wrote:

Hahafanboyism.

Steps to fixing a 360: Call Microsoft. Receive box. Send box in. Receive fixed 360.

I'd have to say that the Toshiba Satelite is the most defective laptop/machine/anything ever.

As for the PS3? I'm agreeing with Kodia here. I haven't even HEARD of any potential launch titles.

sunshade
Feb 28, 2006, 06:37 PM
[quote]
On 2006-02-28 15:19, darthsaber9x9 wrote:

bite your tongue.

AUTO_
Feb 28, 2006, 09:01 PM
On 2006-02-28 15:29, Solstis wrote:

As for the PS3? I'm agreeing with Kodia here. I haven't even HEARD of any potential launch titles.

They made a potential list a few months ago...it was like 20 games. I'll try and find it.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Feb 28, 2006, 09:37 PM
http://www.realmmedia.com/next_gen_news/2006/02/sony_begins_to_acknowledge_possibility_of_a_playst ation_3_delay.html
http://www.ps3focus.com/archives/190

Another couple of links that state a little more detail about why there is a delay.

The Blu-Ray drives were supposed to have been finalized by the end of last year but haven't yet.

Massive quantities of the Blu-Ray drive need to be shipped by the end of Feb. for them to get production done for the supposed end of May launch.

Another link with Gamestop listing launch games and an October/December shipping date:

http://www.ps3focus.com/archives/181

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: HAYABUSA-FMW- on 2006-02-28 18:38 ]</font>

BogusKun
Feb 28, 2006, 10:24 PM
I really don't care... too many games out.

AUTO_
Feb 28, 2006, 11:48 PM
On 2006-02-28 18:37, HAYABUSA-FMW- wrote:

Another couple of links that state a little more detail about why there is a delay.

You're not reading it correctly...even the links you provided all say the same thing: a delay is possible.

Sony reps replied to a Meryl Lynch report that they were having a delay, saying that while they weren't denying the technical problems they were still on plan for a spring release.

The delay isn't confirmed.

And...Blu-Ray movies were just announced today by Sony to be released in May...so I wouldn't rule the PS3 out.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Mar 1, 2006, 04:33 AM
Well on the hopeful side of things, it could be released, yes.

I just wanted to shed some light on why there's a possible delay(Blu-Ray drive design reported as not even finalized? Sounds really bad I'd say).

Remember now, this all means nil months from now regardless! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Kizaragu
Mar 1, 2006, 03:27 PM
On 2006-02-28 15:29, Solstis wrote:

On 2006-02-28 14:23, washuguy wrote:

Hahafanboyism.

Steps to fixing a 360: Call Microsoft. Receive box. Send box in. Receive fixed 360.
I'd hardly say he's being a fan boy. He has a valid point, though in a way so do you.
Sure, kudos to Microsoft for replacing the faulty systems rather quickly. I'd take my hat off to them if I wore one.

Thing is, I know of several people who have gotten through 3 of the systems and counting.
It can get a bit frustrating to say the least.
One person at least has treated every machine he's had as a god. He'd provide it with three meals a day if he could. yet they just keep dieing on him. Have you ever seen a grown man in tears!? I have! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

I'll still buy one though. In time mind. Once they finally find a solution to overheating the problem.

darthsaber9x9
Mar 1, 2006, 03:45 PM
On 2006-02-28 15:37, sunshade wrote:
[quote]

bite your tongue.

That hurts though :/

And i'm sorry but i've got an inbuilt hatred of sony since they drove sega out of the console market back in the early 00's. I've never felt such joy as when playing on a sega console and it seems to have been replaced with generic crap with no innovation whatsoever. Revolution FTW

Kent
Mar 2, 2006, 07:01 PM
To be honest, I don't see the PS3 succeeding any time soon, from what I've seen and heard of its progress.

Blu-Ray is relatively new technology, so it's not exactly going to be cheap. As far as games go, they've really only got one that's interesting to me, in the least (MGS4) that isn't coming to the Xbox 360, and, not to mention, that Square Enix, one of the sole reasons many people even bought PlayStations in the first place, is now multi-platform.

That, and... Where's the hype? If it's launching in Spring, they're really, really late on starting up the hype machine.

GrumblyStuff
Mar 6, 2006, 11:22 AM
Surprise, surprise!

PS3's delay is offical.

Kent
Mar 6, 2006, 07:20 PM
...Didn't see that one coming.

They didn't have me fooled, for a second. :/ Didn't we hear of it being pushed back to/close to 2007, a while back, anyway?

eXo
Mar 6, 2006, 11:00 PM

fan boy lol j/k but that kinda hating :nod:

Outrider
Mar 7, 2006, 10:34 AM
On 2006-03-06 08:22, GrumblyStuff wrote:
Surprise, surprise!

PS3's delay is offical.

Actually it isn't... sort of.

The "official" delay everyone is talking about came from a Variety article that included some sort of mini-interview with Howard Stringer, the big guy at Sony. The thing is, apparently it was written in a rather confusing manner so that everyone thought all the points from the article came from Stringer himself. Turns out that isn't the case, and it's fairly certain that he never actually confirmed a delay during the interview, but Variety just sort of made the assumption.

Honestly, though, I wouldn't be surprised by either outcome. All signs point to it being delayed, but it wouldn't shock me if Sony threw a bag of money at the problem and it fixed itself. We shall see.

AUTO_
Mar 7, 2006, 06:43 PM
There's been no official delay...but it doesn't look promising.

Really though, I wouldn't be surprised at all if it was released this spring.

I think the only reason people are so determined to believe there's a delay is because of Sony's lack of advertising and previews of their games.

Even I think it's strange for Sony...but I wouldn't rule out a Spring release in the slightest.

Horo
Mar 7, 2006, 08:55 PM
it gonna be spring i've read 3 issues about it

Sgt_Shligger
Mar 7, 2006, 09:25 PM
I think it's gonna be Fall since it is closer to the Christmas season and they will have more time to make it. And also, sony has ALWAYS let out a new system in Japan in spring/summer and the US release fall/winter. It's just what they do... i think they do it so they don't run short on systems in either country (like SOME company that though "OMG LETS HAVE A LAUNCH IN EUROPE, JAPAN AND THE US ALL ON THE SAME DAY")

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SgtShligger on 2006-03-07 18:27 ]</font>

Kent
Mar 8, 2006, 10:12 PM
On 2006-03-07 17:55, Horo wrote:

It's already spring, more or less.

And... Do you see any advertisements? It's not going to make a Spring release.

AUTO_
Mar 9, 2006, 04:01 PM
On 2006-03-08 19:12, Kent wrote:

On 2006-03-07 17:55, Horo wrote:

It's already spring, more or less.

And... Do you see any advertisements? It's not going to make a Spring release.

We're going to find out on the 15th.