PDA

View Full Version : FanArt: Sketch

ladyjaderiver
Feb 27, 2006, 09:36 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v354/ladyjaderiver/PSOFanart/Lucius.jpg

I kind of like it, but I kind of don't. I tried a different style, and it just came out weird. Not to mention the bizarre pose and bad, bad, BAD anatomy. In short, I'm not looking for a crit of the sketch, because I'm more than capable of that myself.

I'm looking for opinions on two things:

1. Should I colour/render this?
2. If so, what media? (Coloured pencil, marker, pencil render, or vector.)

Eihwaz
Feb 27, 2006, 09:40 PM
1. Yes, you should.

2. I'm torn on how you should color this. You do such an amazing job with colored pencils and markers, but I personally think this would look awesome vectored. Besides, we see precious few, if any, vector style art on PSOW.

FOAtHeart
Feb 27, 2006, 09:40 PM
Wonderful sketch :'D

I'm thinkin' colored pencil !

Skorpius
Feb 27, 2006, 09:42 PM
I think you should practice more.

ladyjaderiver
Feb 27, 2006, 09:54 PM
On 2006-02-27 18:42, Skorpius wrote:
I think you should practice more.

Well, your opinion counts for very little, Mr. "People who critique themselves are NAZIS!"

Sorry to disappoint you. Besides, I drew this to practice COLOURING.

FOAtHeart
Feb 27, 2006, 09:59 PM
On 2006-02-27 18:54, ladyjaderiver wrote:

Well, your opinion counts for very little, Mr. "People who critique themselves are NAZIS!"

Sorry to disappoint you. Besides, I drew this to practice COLOURING.

You took the bait D:

Focusing on the picture ;o
As I said before colored pencil would look nice but after reading Waz's comment I think vector would work too http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Skorpius
Feb 27, 2006, 10:00 PM
You should take the energy you put into being 'unreasonably angry for no reason' and put it into drawing. You just might enhance your work so much that you'll stop being so damn pissy and self-critical.

Oh yeah, and my point was that you should practice on the new style you worked on, since you said you didn't pull it off so well. You'll probably get it down within 2-3 works. SO IT WAS A SUGGESTION, NOT AN INSULT. LOL

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Skorpius on 2006-02-27 19:01 ]</font>

ladyjaderiver
Feb 27, 2006, 10:04 PM
On 2006-02-27 18:59, FOAtHeart wrote:

Focusing on the picture ;o
As I said before colored pencil would look nice but after reading Waz's comment I think vector would work too http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

I love vectoring, the only problem is that I take nearly as long with that as I do with coloured pencil, which is a bit of a deterent. I also tend to go way overboard on detail. -_-

Of course, there is a downside to markers, too - I really don't want to ink all the details. >.<

Maridia
Feb 27, 2006, 10:06 PM
Jade, it's gorgeous as always. You really are getting VERY good at drawing pretty men. I'm glad you're back.

Color pencils might be nice, like FO said.

And honey, there's critical, and there's you bashing yourself to no end. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif Try to find the balance.

(and don't fall for skorp's crap) <_<

ladyjaderiver
Feb 27, 2006, 10:08 PM
Okay, here's another question, then. For those suggesting coloured pencil: what colour cardstock should I put it on, if I do end up going with coloured pencil?

ETA: For anyone who hasn't seen my art of Lucius before, he wears blue and grey, and has blond hair.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ladyjaderiver on 2006-02-27 19:09 ]</font>

navci
Feb 27, 2006, 11:01 PM
I vote red stock.
I think it will bring up the blue quite well.

That being said. I'd like to see it vectored, cuz it would be something different.

Moreover, let me say this: I think his girliness level went up at least 10. XD

ladyjaderiver
Feb 27, 2006, 11:06 PM
On 2006-02-27 20:01, navinator wrote:
I vote red stock.
I think it will bring up the blue quite well.

That being said. I'd like to see it vectored, cuz it would be something different.

Moreover, let me say this: I think his girliness level went up at least 10. XD

Hah, wouldn't surprise me, given how much I love girly-men. >.>

Thanks for the input, Navi. ^_^

Dhylec
Feb 27, 2006, 11:08 PM
Ah, too bishi~
Heh, put him in anything color would only make it better.

Ancient
Feb 27, 2006, 11:08 PM
I'd love to color it myself, but I still havent finished the last piece of yours I begged to color ^_^;

But I would really like to see it vectored too.

ladyjaderiver
Feb 27, 2006, 11:20 PM
On 2006-02-27 20:08, Ancient wrote:
I'd love to color it myself, but I still havent finished the last piece of yours I begged to color ^_^;

But I would really like to see it vectored too.

If you ever want to colour it, go ahead. ^_^ I don't mind.

DamonKatu
Feb 27, 2006, 11:22 PM
Is it a guy or a girl?? I dont want to be embarous myself like I did the last time. *flashback to the last embaring post. This actully happened on the boards*

ME: If I was a half-bread, I would be a yasha.
???: wait, do you mean inyu yasha? because Yasha means female demon-
ME: EEEKKK!! Emmmm...yea, thanks for the correction...(D'oh, that was very dumb of me.)

Dre_o
Feb 27, 2006, 11:27 PM
Hmmm...coloring it with pencils would look better (in my opinion) than markers and CGI. But, it also depends on whether you have a better scanner than I do, which is most likely guaranteed. Still, looks good. And like others have said, just ignore Skorp the majority of the time. It's better for you.

(no hard feelings Skorp. Just telling from my experience.)

ladyjaderiver
Feb 27, 2006, 11:38 PM
I've pretty much settled on doing both a vector version and a coloured pencil version. But the coloured pencil version will have to wait until I find my tracing paper so I can transfer the sketch to cardstock. >.<;;

And DamonKatu, Lucius is a guy, I assure you, despite his uber-feminine looks.

DamonKatu
Feb 28, 2006, 12:40 AM
Thanks, I dont want to pull up another imbarousing moment from my highschool. Good god! I have many bad moments from my highschool than anywhere elece. Im really much the village's peter griffin.(wait I spelled the name wrong!)