PDA

View Full Version : PSOBB servers...

gunmetalmac00
Feb 28, 2006, 10:34 AM
One question, are the european, japanese, and american servers seperate from each and you can only join the server of your area?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: gunmetalmac00 on 2006-02-28 07:35 ]</font>

Shar
Feb 28, 2006, 10:44 AM
The Japanese and the American servers are seperated.
There's no European server, so you could see the American servers as US/EU.

gunmetalmac00
Feb 28, 2006, 12:51 PM
On 2006-02-28 07:44, Shar wrote:
The Japanese and the American servers are seperated.
There's no European server, so you could see the American servers as US/EU.

Well that kinda crappy, both parts.

Inazuma
Feb 28, 2006, 04:59 PM
it would be much crappier if BOTH vers were ruined. we should be happy at least one ver is good.

gunmetalmac00
Feb 28, 2006, 10:29 PM
On 2006-02-28 13:59, Inazuma wrote:
it would be much crappier if BOTH vers were ruined. we should be happy at least one ver is good.

Which version do you refer to and how do you figure?
I'm curious...

A2K
Mar 1, 2006, 01:47 AM
Probably in reference to the large amount of duping that apparently goes on in the US servers. You'd think they'd be able to patch a hole like that, though, given the nature of the PC client...

And, in all honesty, duping is a far cry from some of the other stuff that goes down in previous versions of the game.

Inazuma
Mar 1, 2006, 01:57 AM
im talkin about the jp and eng vers of psobb. if they were joined like previous psos have been, psobb would have been totally ruined w/ cheaters & assholes. but thankfully sonic team finally learned how to make a good pso and kept it seperate this time.

A2K
Mar 1, 2006, 02:12 AM
Server separation really didn't help the Xbox version.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: A2K on 2006-02-28 23:12 ]</font>

Inazuma
Mar 1, 2006, 02:50 AM
oh, thats rite. the xbox vers were seperate. you saying there was cheating and assholes on the jp xbox ver?

A2K
Mar 1, 2006, 04:03 AM
Well, I wouldn't know, they were separate.

The point I was trying to make is that PSOBB does a lot more to combat cheating in general (server-side saving, GMs) than any other previous version of the game--separating the servers does not seem necessary in the least.

"Ruined" is a rather gross exaggeration of the US/EU BB servers, especially when compared to what's go on in the past.

PJ
Mar 1, 2006, 07:59 AM
o_O Seperate being good? When did this happen?

I loved going to the JP ships to do challenge, with people I didn't know just for fun. This was pretty much as far as I went with playing with random people.

It seemed like everyone was cooperative in Alycyone 6 >_>

gunmetalmac00
Mar 1, 2006, 09:39 AM
I wonder if there's a way to switch servers manually...hmm...

Rain_1
Mar 1, 2006, 10:02 AM
Technically, you could intercept and/or redirect packets..

But i don't know if the Hunter License servers are shared... i'd think no.

Now that you think of it, this is PSO:BB we're talking about.. your character wouldn't be on the Japanese server, and i'm pretty sure the information of who has a hunter license is stored on the servers itself... So there's no point in even attempting to...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Rain_1 on 2006-03-01 07:10 ]</font>

gunmetalmac00
Mar 1, 2006, 10:42 AM
On 2006-03-01 07:02, Rain_1 wrote:
Technically, you could intercept and/or redirect packets..

But i don't know if the Hunter License servers are shared... i'd think no.

Now that you think of it, this is PSO:BB we're talking about.. your character wouldn't be on the Japanese server, and i'm pretty sure the information of who has a hunter license is stored on the servers itself... So there's no point in even attempting to...

So the character information isn't saved on the client side? Wonderful...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: gunmetalmac00 on 2006-03-01 07:45 ]</font>

Rain_1
Mar 1, 2006, 11:40 AM
On Pso:BB? that's like the single most awesome feature of that version... where have you been? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

gunmetalmac00
Mar 1, 2006, 12:53 PM
On 2006-03-01 08:40, Rain_1 wrote:
On Pso:BB? that's like the single most awesome feature of that version... where have you been? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

is confused beyond comprehension- Huh?

Saiffy
Mar 1, 2006, 12:56 PM
On 2006-03-01 08:40, Rain_1 wrote:

A lot of people would argue you don't onw your characters. And it's true, when the US servers go down, I doubt ST will give you the option to save them in any way.

I'd say it's probably the worst feature. It may've made cheating harder since you can't just do stuff offline then go online, but people can just send packets now.

Neith
Mar 1, 2006, 01:58 PM
What I find hilarious is when people say there's no hackind/duping on the JP versions. Ive never played JP BB, but I can guarantee, 100%, that there will be some hacks/duped items going round.

Yeah, maybe not as rampant as the EU/US version, but I really can't see there being no dupes.

As for characters, yes, they are saved server-side. They'll probably all be deleted when PSO BB shuts down, but by then I don't think I'd really care.

Saffran
Mar 1, 2006, 02:16 PM
Ive never played JP BB, but I can guarantee, 100%, that there will be some hacks/duped items going round.

Oh, there are. Come to think of it, I've only seen non Jp players wield them. Curious, isn't it?

gunmetalmac00
Mar 1, 2006, 02:20 PM
Wonder if it's more efficient to save the character info client or server side...hmm...I'd say more efficient on servers if the information is saved client side. But probably harder to hack server side...

Inazuma
Mar 1, 2006, 10:00 PM
yea the only hacking and duping that has been on the JP ver has been from non japanese.

Jehosaphaty
Mar 1, 2006, 10:25 PM
On 2006-03-01 19:00, Inazuma wrote:
yea the only hacking and duping that has been on the JP ver has been from non japanese.

hilarious statement.

Corey
Mar 6, 2006, 11:00 PM
You players who think ST was smart to seperate the server sadden me. JP players do hack; I've seen them, and I've also seen them requesting GG bypasses, among other tools.

It's also "ironic" that the player who started the downfall of PSOGC was japanese.

I'd love to add more reasoning to my post, but it's basically the fact people say that the japanese community is essentially "perfect" while the non-JP community is inferior. But...I have to go.