PDA

View Full Version : Why why why WHY?!

Maridia
Feb 28, 2006, 01:02 PM
DEAR. GOD.

Why in the HELL do people at this site INSIST on making crap up? LOLOL LOOK I FOUND DARK FLOW! OMG I GOT THIS EMAIL FROM SEGA THAT SAYS RED RING IS AVAILABLE!!

For the most recent example I've seen, refer to this silly little thread and laugh. Or smack your forehead:

http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=108981&forum=7&22

It's one thing if you've actually been tricked by someone online via them dropping said item after a boss fight, and you're a silly hopefully person, but my god, when people just BLATENTLY make stuff up like this, WHY?!

What do they GAIN from it? NOBODY believes them, they just look like a fool, and nobody wins anything. Why do they bother? WHY?! I just don't understand it. I mean, I know they all want to believe it's obtainable, we all do, but it just.. isn't. And the fact that they will do anything to try to "prove" it is, when all they ever do is get picked apart and disproved.. It's just pathetic.

PEOPLE, SOME STUFF CAN'T BE GOTTEN. IT'S JUST FACT.

I'm sure they originally PLANNED to release it, but then OOPS people hacked the crap out of it! and then, really, do you expect them to bother? Just get over it and stop making things up. It's ridiculous and it ruins any and all credibility you might have or have gotten at this site. Thank you. -_-

Sayara
Feb 28, 2006, 01:09 PM
The internets loaded with idiots!

Makes you wonder how old some of these kids are huh?

CupOfCoffee
Feb 28, 2006, 02:31 PM
Haha, well, the Red Ring guy is most likely pretty young, and he's not really hurting anyone by pretending like he's getting emails from Sega and hackers are showing him the one true way to find it. I mean, not only is PSO basically dead anyway, but nobody's even humoring him.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: CupOfCoffee on 2006-02-28 11:31 ]</font>

PIT
Feb 28, 2006, 02:52 PM
i've heard, that people from poland really can do the impossible =P

Dreadlock
Feb 28, 2006, 03:29 PM
For fame. For glory. For women? These are the reasons. Every man must have his day.

Atayin
Feb 28, 2006, 03:47 PM
I remember a guy in middle school that would lie like this when games like Goldeneye started getting popular. He got to draw attention to himself and a lot of well-liked people would ask for his help and advice. I would always wonder what went through his head when he'd start lying like that.

Some people just... lie. I think some people like the attention, some people do it for kicks, some people think it's a power trip... and then others just do it because they lie out of sheer habit. I'm not sure those of us who see it as pointless could ever fully understand why people do it.

It's frustrating, but there will always be liars and rumors. Unfortunately, the most frustrating and damaging rumors of all are never about videogames...

Charmander02
Feb 28, 2006, 05:56 PM
Just let them say that they have the items, then people will just shoot them down.

People like to make idiots out of themselves, it's fact of life ever seen Jackass?

I guess you're just mad cuz these people are new and they dont know how many times that the same topic has been shot down.

Dek
Feb 28, 2006, 06:42 PM
It's a shame the forum newbies don't read This thread (http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=100749&forum=4&19)...

And just to add on to this rant, what this can also show is that some people don't know basic math...

0/64 = 0

Always has and always will...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Arthas_Zero on 2006-02-28 15:42 ]</font>

Logicone
Feb 28, 2006, 07:19 PM
In that case, to make sure the newbies get the point, we should remove the fingers of the next one to type a thread like that, and put them on display.

"Fingers of S1_1p3rs41yan_GkoU99976. Bragged he had a legit way of getting a Red Ring. Try us. We dare you."

As for why people lie? The listed reasons above in a previous post, (which I forgot to quote. Sorry.), are excellent, and true. Then again, it's one thing to lie to a bunch of newbies. It's another to lie to people who know their stuff. All we can do is ignore them. It's probable that they just do it for attention.

Firocket1690
Mar 1, 2006, 12:45 AM
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=attention+whore

Maridia
Mar 1, 2006, 03:47 AM
Well, I mean.. I know WHY they do. I was just frustrated at the time of writing the rant. It just seems so ridiculous. -_-

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Mar 1, 2006, 03:59 AM
Well Force_EJ, who we all know and respect(okay not all but why?) did the same thing, posted his official e-mails and its still a bit weird.

Those customer service e-mail responders, such evil humor they got, no?

Shame on them!

EJ
Mar 1, 2006, 03:17 PM
On 2006-03-01 00:59, HAYABUSA-FMW- wrote:
Well Force_EJ, who we all know and respect(okay not all but why?) did the same thing, posted his official e-mails and its still a bit weird.

Those customer service e-mail responders, such evil humor they got, no?

Shame on them!

It's a trick I tell thee. ST is just saying that so we can turn on each other DX.

But yea I never said you can get it just saying that I got a wierd response from them for a item that you can't get.

If they would have said you can't get it that would be the end>_>. Damn them and theor conspiracy I say.