PDA

View Full Version : StarFox Adventure.. the last RARE game...

LieutenantDwAnGStick
Sep 27, 2002, 11:19 PM
well for gamecube at least..

yes Fox McCloud can walk around and fight with a staff, as many people asked.. and also why? i respond by saying "well if he can fly through space then why not walk around?"

Needless to say this is a great game.. long, good engine (zelda engine) smooth and easy controls, kick-ass moves. a somewhat decent story line (but no falco). also very mystical at some points.

for some of you who dont know what the game is about.. you start out as Crystal, a Blue female fox trying to uncover you parents death. she recieves a distress call from dinosaur planet (a distant planet in the lylat system that has been ripped apart). after her incounter with General Scales, she reaches a temple where you must collect spirits. then you go to fox, fly to the planet like old school starfox, thus starts ur quest on dinosaur planet. you must peice bake together the planet orels the lylat system will be imbalanced yadda yadda yadda

playing this game has made me feel upset, because i will never have the pleasure to play a RARE game unless i fork up $250 and purchase a new ssytem (which some of you may know its against my policies.. being a fanboy and all)

i miss you already, RARE

current status.. 79% completed 14 hrs.

Robert_Garcia
Sep 27, 2002, 11:44 PM
On 2002-09-27 21:19, LieutenantDwAnGStick wrote:
playing this game has made me feel upset, because i will never have the pleasure to play a RARE game unless i fork up $250 and purchase a new ssytem (which some of you may know its against my policies.. being a fanboy and all)

i miss you already, RARE

current status.. 79% completed 14 hrs.

@#$%ing sellouts... http://www.smilies-world.de/Smilies/nichtani_1/ssad.gif

Well since RARE has now left Nintendo...at least they went out with a bang.

pixelate
Sep 28, 2002, 12:03 AM
Yea, it stinks that they're not with Nintendo anymore. I remember back when they put out Donkey Kong Country on the SNES; it was the first game I really got excited about and took notice about who made what games. From then on, I kept an eye on what they were making. I even saw the 3D models they released for their games and got inspired to try out modeling for myself.

I just hope with a new contract comes more games of the same, possibly better, quality.

RuneLateralus
Sep 28, 2002, 01:44 AM
The more important thing is that Rare is still making games...better for the games to come out rather for them to be gone entirely.

Balthor
Sep 28, 2002, 03:21 AM
Playing this game has depressed me as well. I loved Rare's games for a long time, and SFA possibly being the last game for GC really get's to me. Oh well... nothing more I can say.

P.S. I'm around the same area as you dwang, 79% complete and 15 hours in it. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

RavenTW
Sep 28, 2002, 08:14 AM
<useless fact>Star Fox Adventures originally began as an N64 game called Dinosuar Planet, which had nothing to do with Fox and co. However, it was constantly delayed, and finally was cancelled.

Later, Rare brought it out to Cube, this time involving Fox and the gang (except Falco! WAH!) called Star Fox Adventures: Dinosuar Planet. Eventually the Dinosaur Planet was dropped, and became the game you are now playing.</useless fact>

Yeah, the game is cool. But with all the other good games, I might not get it.

Dabra
Sep 29, 2002, 04:40 PM
CRYSTAL IS A FOX??? i thought she was that little pet dinosaur....sheesh, no wonder i was freaking out when seeing topics like "who thinks crystal is hot" on Gfaqs.

_xX_Frosty_Xx_
Sep 29, 2002, 06:07 PM
WTF Where is Falco? That was my favorite character! What happened?

LieutenantDwAnGStick
Sep 29, 2002, 07:18 PM
On 2002-09-29 16:07, _xX_Frosty_Xx_ wrote:

according to the manual, there wasnt must to do after andross was overthrown, so there wasnt any work.. falco was bored and went his own way.. im still not done with the game but for some reason i might see him again..

curent status: 89% 21hrs.

i bet i would be done but im stuck at the moon/sun puzzel on walled city. if anyone knows please post

Souljah
Sep 30, 2002, 02:04 AM
I am debating whether to get it or not. Does it involve alot of tedious scavenger searches?

Mazarin
Sep 30, 2002, 02:17 AM
Rare's DonkeyKong was nothing but a Sonic rippoff. I'm pissed that they're on Xbox.

Ness
Sep 30, 2002, 05:42 AM
Oh well, Rare only contibuted 4% to the company's profits. I may get Star Fox when I'm done with Kingdom Hearts and FFX.

rena-ko
Sep 30, 2002, 05:47 AM
i was a rarefanatic too that time - the only western developer that makes decent games imho - but most of the stuff that made such great games like the first ones were, left rare - for example most of those who made perfect dark. they formed their own team and are '2nd party' under nintendo (like hal is).

what i want to say with this is: rare is just a name - its the heads behind that who are important

Kupi
Sep 30, 2002, 02:14 PM
Soulja: tough to answer. A LOT of characters ask you to find stuff for them, and usually, typically, 95% of the time, to find more than one of them. However, it's not as though you're told to do so without purpose... it's always to further the plot, and once you're done collecting the stuff, it's done. (Excepting the case of Fuel Cells, which you have to get cumulatively to get to new areas off-planet. Even then, you can buy them at the shop.)

Hope that helped! ^_^

Moo2u
Sep 30, 2002, 06:06 PM
On 2002-09-29 17:18, LieutenantDwAnGStick wrote:

On 2002-09-29 16:07, _xX_Frosty_Xx_ wrote:

according to the manual, there wasnt must to do after andross was overthrown, so there wasnt any work.. falco was bored and went his own way.. im still not done with the game but for some reason i might see him again..

curent status: 89% 21hrs.

i bet i would be done but im stuck at the moon/sun puzzel on walled city. if anyone knows please post

I have a feeling that ol Falco will pop up before everything's over and done...hehehe...

_xX_Frosty_Xx_
Sep 30, 2002, 07:24 PM
Hell I hope so......

Reno
Sep 30, 2002, 07:47 PM
Falco IS in the game, not that much but you will see him when you get nearer to the end >_>

LieutenantDwAnGStick
Sep 30, 2002, 09:45 PM
On 2002-09-30 17:47, Reno wrote:

Falco IS in the game, not that much but you will see him when you get nearer to the end >_>

k.. thanx for SPOILING THE CRAP oout of the game..

tip: if you want to enter a spoiler do this:

******SPOILER*******
.This is a spoiler
******End of SPOILER******

thanx

btw i beat it in 17 hours. the climax (or last part of the game) was awsome. all SF fans will drop their jaws..