PDA

View Full Version : Puny,Puny,Poemy!

washuguy
Mar 1, 2006, 10:11 PM
Has anyone seen this anime.It's one of the most random things i've ever seen in my life...

Deathscythealpha
Mar 1, 2006, 10:17 PM
Oh God have I...

Im a big Excel Saga fan, and as soon as this was released by ADV USA I imported it, hoping for something as fantastically crazy as the directors previous work.

Ack! Crazy wasnt the word for this. Insane would probably do. There was so much going, so much questionable content, so much randomness. It was all a little shocking really. I finsihed the DVD a little more enlightened, and also worried about some anime directors. It was good, I guess...

Voice cast Commentry must be watched with this anime though, there is so much to be laughed at there. Hearing the female voice cast randomly shout "BOOBIES!" is strangely hilerious.

washuguy
Mar 1, 2006, 10:23 PM
Same here as far as Excel Saga.and the word boobies is funny for some reason...I laugh thinking about it.

HUnewearl_Meira
Mar 2, 2006, 12:14 AM
I haven't seen that yet, but when I saw the preview for it on the Azumanga Daioh DVDs, I immediately concluded that I would have to get it. Best. Preview. Ever.

ladyjaderiver
Mar 2, 2006, 12:41 AM
Oh, the one about "improper use of a fish" or something? I love that preview. Puni Puni Poemy is one of my favourite anime, just because it's so incredibly random.

ETA: The dub, while almost terrifyingly bad, should be watched, with the "weird subtitles" on. It's hilarious. ^_^

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ladyjaderiver on 2006-03-01 21:41 ]</font>

space_butler
Mar 2, 2006, 07:21 AM
giant asparagus!

this anime is awesome.

LadyRedComet
Mar 2, 2006, 06:12 PM
As bizarre and disconcerting as it is, I keep getting drawn back to that show. *shudder* I'm still mentally scarred from the last time I watched it, but I'm thinking of renting the damn thing again.

Nisshoku
Mar 2, 2006, 07:34 PM
Three words:

RETURN OF NABESHIN.