PDA

View Full Version : Information about Red Ring.

Skorpius
Mar 2, 2006, 03:08 PM
In PSOGC and PSOX, there are several different types of rings. Obviously, there are 7 colors, and there are 8 descriptions.

7 descriptions are different from the 8th, they have special abilities tied in with them while the 8th does not. The final description is much more simplistic, as well, stating that there are 7 colors.

These colors are:

White
Purple
Green
Yellow
Blue
Black
Red

The 8 other descriptions are:

"A pair of soldiers that hold this holy ring shall be blessed with great strength." (Boosts ATP)

"A pair of soldiers who hold this holy ring shall be blessed with higher defense." (Boosts DFP)

"This ring shall fortify the minds of the two bearers with the gift to focus" (Boosts MST)

"A pair of soldiers who hold this holy ring shall be blessed with greater accuracy." (Boosts ATA)

"A pair of soldiers who hold this holy ring shall be blessed with quicker attacks." (Boosts EVP)

"A pair of soldiers who hold this holy ring shall be blessed with greater fortune." (Boosts LCK)

"A pair of soldiers who hold this holy ring shall be blessed with special powers" (Boosts PB)

6 descriptions 'belongs' to one color:

ATP - Black
DFP - Purple
MST - Blue
ATA - Green
EVP - White
LCK - Yellow

However, each of these colors and descriptions are interchangable, but banned online. This means that, through illegitimate means, you can obtain a White Ring that boosts ATA, or a Black Ring that boosts LCK. This means that each of these rings were made, totalling 42 rings. Also, each of these colors has the "7 Colors" description, totalling 48.

But, desipte all of that, what is missing?

Red Ring.

Red Ring does not have one of the special descriptions. It only has the "7 colors" version.

What does this mean?

It means that Red Ring does not exist outside of that one description. It cannot, and will not, have any other description within PSOGC or PSOX. It laymen's terms, it does not exist as a Version 3 item, and only exists as buried data. It's plausable that this item was added for beta testing, but was not fully realized and created like the other colors. If there was a V3 Red Ring, it would have the special description, not the "7 colors" description.

The left over description is only available for the other 6 colors, not Red Ring. It's plausable that this description was meant for a Red Ring, but it was never created and added to the final version of the game.

This also means that Dark Falz's drop data could also be from beta testing. It was never activated in the final game for a reason, perhaps the item Falz was supposed to drop just doesn't exist. It's not banned because there are no other versions of this item, as there are with the other colors.

Does this get the point across?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Skorpius on 2006-03-02 12:25 ]</font>

Sgt_Shligger
Mar 2, 2006, 05:12 PM
um..... what is the Ragol Ring for? I got one........ i can't use it yet. What does it do. Also... the irngs are not that good... i don't know why people want them (a SECRET GEAR is better.)

VioletSkye
Mar 2, 2006, 06:10 PM
Ragol Ring is basically a glorified Scape Doll.

PJ
Mar 2, 2006, 07:36 PM
Yeah, I was thinking considering Red Ring is the best ring, that's why it has it's description not the same way as the other rings.

I'm thinking it's far-fetched to say the drop rate was made and unremoved during beta, especially since it wasn't banned for online, and the other description rings were.

Saiffy
Mar 2, 2006, 08:08 PM
On 2006-03-02 16:36, PJ wrote:
Yeah, I was thinking considering Red Ring is the best ring, that's why it has it's description not the same way as the other rings.

I'm thinking it's far-fetched to say the drop rate was made and unremoved during beta, especially since it wasn't banned for online, and the other description rings were.

Name a theory that isn't far fetched. At least this has solid evidence(By the way, I'm backing up the ring information Skorp posted)

Gibarta, LoL.

Although it still doesn't explain why the PB special for the rings wasn't used. I just naturally assumed that was meant to be red rings special.

Another thing I find odd. Red Ring was used by Rico and therefor has a "story" for it. The other rings really don't. Why would Rico's "legendary" ring even mention these other 6, less special rings?

AxelgearVII
Mar 2, 2006, 11:52 PM
I heard it was unreleased because of a text error. ST messed up and wrote the level requirement as 108 instead of 180. Not as well founded as Skorpius's theory, but valid nonetheless no?

metatime
Mar 3, 2006, 02:16 AM
I heard the same thing about Sega not being able to make that quest because of that text error. Way to go Sega.

Just to clear a few things up, when you said this:

The left over description is only available for the other 6 colors, not Red Ring. It's plausable that this description was meant for a Red Ring, but it was never created and added to the final version of the game.

Hmm since I don't have a hack Red Ring, what does the description says on one?

This also means that Dark Falz's drop data could also be from beta testing. It was never activated in the final game for a reason, perhaps the item Falz was supposed to drop just doesn't exist.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Skorpius on 2006-03-02 12:25 ]</font>

Even though the drop rate is zero, isn't the item data(DNA) is associated with Dark Falz?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: metatime on 2006-03-02 23:28 ]</font>

And what did you think was the purpose of having the description and the color ring being able to be interchangeably changed?

Was it because Sega, at the end of the game development life cycle, didn't have time to set the description to each color ring and decided to do it later? (For example, PSO+)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: metatime on 2006-03-02 23:34 ]</font>

ADE
Mar 3, 2006, 02:40 AM
Never give up despite the odds!

Who cares what the empericist says despite his numbers and data! He doesn't know shit because he hasn't been out in the field!

Descriptions and game data be damned!

Mixfortune
Mar 3, 2006, 02:45 AM
Please don't start arguments, discuss things normally for once.
Thanks.

And, this is more of a general warning before this gets out of hand, as I can half guess it might.

metatime
Mar 3, 2006, 02:49 AM
On 2006-03-02 23:40, ADE wrote:

Who cares what the empericist says despite his numbers and data! He doesn't know shit because he hasn't been out in the field!

Values in a game can be quantify and measured because it has data to be measured just like in real life. Just like in physics you can't break rules that nature have in place.

You do seem to be a bit out of character Ade tonight, been having some fun outside? wink* wink* lol

Pobega
Mar 3, 2006, 06:36 AM
On 2006-03-02 23:40, ADE wrote:

No, an algorythm within the game can be just as valid of information as knowing exactly how much damage you'll do.
And I also think everyone here has had a lot of experience playing PSO, so it's redundant to say "doesn't know sh*t because he hasn't been out in the field!". Just because someone plays PSO more often than someone else doesn't mean they are exactly better than that person.

ADE
Mar 3, 2006, 02:18 PM
Yes I overindulged last night <.<

Black-Dragon
Mar 3, 2006, 03:32 PM
On 2006-03-02 12:08, Skorpius wrote:
In PSOGC and PSOX, there are several different types of rings. Obviously, there are 7 colors, and there are 8 descriptions.

7 descriptions are different from the 8th, they have special abilities tied in with them while the 8th does not. The final description is much more simplistic, as well, stating that there are 7 colors.

These colors are:

White
Purple
Green
Yellow
Blue
Black
Red

The 8 other descriptions are:

"A pair of soldiers that hold this holy ring shall be blessed with great strength." (Boosts ATP)

"A pair of soldiers who hold this holy ring shall be blessed with higher defense." (Boosts DFP)

"This ring shall fortify the minds of the two bearers with the gift to focus" (Boosts MST)

"A pair of soldiers who hold this holy ring shall be blessed with greater accuracy." (Boosts ATA)

"A pair of soldiers who hold this holy ring shall be blessed with quicker attacks." (Boosts EVP)

"A pair of soldiers who hold this holy ring shall be blessed with greater fortune." (Boosts LCK)

"A pair of soldiers who hold this holy ring shall be blessed with special powers" (Boosts PB)

6 descriptions 'belongs' to one color:

ATP - Black
DFP - Purple
MST - Blue
ATA - Green
EVP - White
LCK - Yellow

However, each of these colors and descriptions are interchangable, but banned online. This means that, through illegitimate means, you can obtain a White Ring that boosts ATA, or a Black Ring that boosts LCK. This means that each of these rings were made, totalling 42 rings. Also, each of these colors has the "7 Colors" description, totalling 48.

But, desipte all of that, what is missing?

Red Ring.

Red Ring does not have one of the special descriptions. It only has the "7 colors" version.

What does this mean?

It means that Red Ring does not exist outside of that one description. It cannot, and will not, have any other description within PSOGC or PSOX. It laymen's terms, it does not exist as a Version 3 item, and only exists as buried data. It's plausable that this item was added for beta testing, but was not fully realized and created like the other colors. If there was a V3 Red Ring, it would have the special description, not the "7 colors" description.

This also means that Dark Falz's drop data could also be from beta testing. It was never activated in the final game for a reason, perhaps the item Falz was supposed to drop just doesn't exist. It's not banned because there are no other versions of this item, as there are with the other colors.

Does this get the point across?

You are correct about the Red Ring, but the other rings are NOT banned. I have a Purple Ring that I just obtained myself in Xbox online TTF for doing VH in under 1 hour, not dying once, and killing 197 enemies. If you do not believe me? Go do it yourself. There others are obtainable by the following means.

Black Ring

(This is by far the hardest ring to get.)

You get it from the 'Beach Laughter' quest, from the Rappy on the beach, after obtaining all 22 Hearts from the Maximum Attack version 2 quests, 12 for all character classes in MA1v2, 10 for all Section IDs in MA2v2. The Hearts can not be obtained before getting 10,000 kills in these quests (seperate kill counts for both quests). The lyrics of the song you need to tell the Rappy are "On the Hill", "Though my body is", "I feel envious", and "But".

Blue Ring

Do Challenge Mode offline in Episode 2 and get an A rank.

Green Ring

Do Challange Mode offline in Episode 2 and get a B rank.

Purple Ring

Get SS-rank in the 'Towards the Future' quest, in Very Hard or Ultimate mode.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

First of all;

Parasetic Gene "Flow"

Unreleased

0/1 from U Olga Flow
I should however be 1/64 for all section ID's
That means 64 runs on average you will find the Gene, with all these vet's running around SOMEONE should have found it legitimately by now. There-for; no Gene? No Dark ANYTHING, no Dark ANYTHING? No;

Red Ring

Unobtainable!!!!! How many times do we have to tell you guys?!

0/1 from Dark Falz!!!!!
But it should be 1/37 for Whitill
1/64 for Viridia, Skyly, Redria

If anyone offers to trade you one saying they found it, don't believe them; instead, tell them to bring you on a run and get you one. The code for the ring is in EVERY copy of the game for EVERY console, correct. What people do is, get a copy of BB or GC or XBOX, mod up any way they can, import the item data, and TADA! After that? It spreads like wild fire because people know how to dupe, and then give it to their friends, and so on. The next thing you guys are going to tell us is that you found some Photo Crystals on Xbox! Geez!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

White Ring

Get S-rank in the 'Labyrinth Trial' quest. To do this, you need to have four people all split up among the different routes, get 29 capsules, all head back to Pioneer 2, then take the teleporter to Ragol again to find the last one.

Yellow Ring

Do Challenge Mode Online with Episode 2 and get an A rank.

EDIT: Thanks to Tycho for help on info

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Black-Dragon on 2006-03-03 12:34 ]</font>

Mixfortune
Mar 3, 2006, 04:21 PM
Note, he did not say the "correct" versions of those colors of rings were banned, just the color with a different attribute, like in his example, a white ring that boosts ATA (the 'legit' version boosts EVP).

If anything it seemed to be more of a point to build up to his main point, that Red Ring, whether a 'unique' ring out of the set or not, has no updated description coming into version 3 (GC/XBox), and if intended to be released, would have at least SOME better description added to it to make it feel as unique and powerful as it is.

At least that's what I got from it on the first few readovers.

Black-Dragon
Mar 3, 2006, 07:30 PM
Hmmm, true; it took me a few times reading it over to fully understand but I appologize if I insulted your intelligence in any way Skorpius. I was simply backing you up anyway lol. But I did missunderstand, and thought you meant that you couldn't obtain any of the colors you listed. My mistake! >.<

If anyone want's to do Challange modes btw I'll be on 44:Dav/10-01

Sgt_Shligger
Mar 4, 2006, 01:47 PM
Um i don't get it.... the Ragol Ring has nothing to do with this but... what does it do? I read the description and it said it works as a scape doll and then gets desroyed. I don't get it. i lose it if i die? Also... i have all the Rings except the black one. They are not that good (but they look nice.)

Ryna
Mar 4, 2006, 05:13 PM
On 2006-03-04 10:47, SgtShligger wrote:
Um i don't get it.... the Ragol Ring has nothing to do with this but... what does it do? I read the description and it said it works as a scape doll and then gets desroyed. I don't get it. i lose it if i die? Also... i have all the Rings except the black one. They are not that good (but they look nice.)

If you have the Ragol Ring equipped and die, you'll be resurrected at the cost of losing the Ragol Ring. Considering how much trouble it is to obtain one, it simply isn't worth it. On the other hand, the Ragol Ring has a unique visual appearance and you can access some exclusive dialog in Ep4 with it.

Skorpius
Mar 4, 2006, 05:38 PM
If Red Ring was to be released, I'm sure it would have the V3 version of a description, not the "7 Colors" description.

Granted, the Red Ring currently available illegitimately is not banned, but I figure that's because the item name is in the drop charts. However, I also believe that this part of the drop charts were either never intended to be realized in the final version, or weren't activated do to the exclusion of a V3 version of Red Ring.

If the level error were true, wouldn't you think it might have been fixed in PSO Plus and online servers? Or even passed the initial release of the original Japanese version of the game that became obsolete? There were many different instances where the item could have been fixed.

Sticky? >_>

Sgt_Shligger
Mar 4, 2006, 07:02 PM
On 2006-03-04 14:13, Ryna wrote:

On 2006-03-04 10:47, SgtShligger wrote:

If you have the Ragol Ring equipped and die, you'll be resurrected at the cost of losing the Ragol Ring. Considering how much trouble it is to obtain one, it simply isn't worth it. On the other hand, the Ragol Ring has a unique visual appearance and you can access some exclusive dialog in Ep4 with it.

So if i die with it i get revived? i lose it after this....... then what is the point of it? I could get more of them... i didn't find it myself i was jsut given it by a guy online who pitied me because i got corrupted.

Ryna
Mar 4, 2006, 07:12 PM
On 2006-03-04 16:02, SgtShligger wrote:
So if i die with it i get revived? i lose it after this....... then what is the point of it? I could get more of them... i didn't find it myself i was jsut given it by a guy online who pitied me because i got corrupted.

So what is the point? You need to be extremely careful if you are wearing that ring.

Why did Sonic Team give it this kind of special? Who knows. It is probably just a case of someone not fully thinking this through.

Dhylec
Mar 4, 2006, 09:30 PM
Ok, I'll have this sticked. Hopefully this will help inform & consolidate Red Rings topics.
Now, who will add Gene Flow information? <.<

Black-Dragon
Mar 5, 2006, 05:09 AM
I agree with the topic remaining sticky, it will help more people notice the fact that the Red Ring simply isn't Legit. But the reason it isn't fixed is simple, Sonic Team (As wonderful as they are for creating such a game) simply don't care anymore, they're working on PSU, it's coming out in 3 months; therefor, why bother writing a patch for V3 to fix all the hackers, modders, dupers, people with Red Rings, Dark (Anything) or Gene's? I was told a rumor from someone that the reason the ships start at 41:Apatite is because the Japanese wished their ships pulled from all American servers because of all the cheating. However, I have played these games since DAY 1, and I remember going over a friends house that had dreamcast online and never seeing anything below 41. But my point is this; people make up stories, tell lies, start and spread rumors. If you were able to obtain the Gene OR the Red Ring, (now think about this logically) more people would be posting that they found it instead of arguing that it can't be found since there are so many veterains out there. And we would have more then ONE video with a pathetic attempt at a hoax.

Case in point, end of discussion.

Good day.

Kratos123
Mar 5, 2006, 05:09 PM
Mind you I am not arguing, how come ST didn't fix it when creating plus version which came out 2 years ago? Maybe someone already pointed this out. I think Skorpius said something but why didn't they. Even if they were working on Universe back then they still could have written it in the plus version without that much trouble. Justa question, no arguements wanted.

Skorpius
Mar 5, 2006, 05:11 PM
On 2006-03-05 14:09, Kratos123 wrote:
Mind you I am not arguing, how come ST didn't fix it when creating plus version which came out 2 years ago?

Who knows? There's a lot of things they didn't fix that should have been (there are still untekked weapons with retarded special range, for example).

Black-Dragon
Mar 6, 2006, 10:57 AM
No arguments needed, I just like to make strong points lol. But it could be a number of reasons, one of which is the fact that they still get $10 a month from each customer so why even bother? Let them fight each other who cares? If everyone stopped playing and paying $10 a month THEN they might do something about it, but that's not going to happen because then the servers will just be full of hackers who will still pay $10 a month and ST will get their money's worth in the end anyway. Hell, they already have their money's worth from sales of the game in general. The drop rate being 0/1 on the Gene could very well have been a typo for all we know, but the fact is I have several friends who have looked at the coding themselves because they know how to hex edit I believe they call it, or something I'm not sure exactly what they call it; and it's in plain black and white to them lol. But either way, the game's been out for over 5 years and even when you log in it says the last update was "Jan 4th 2005", not to mention it's now march and it's still xmas in the lobby's (Which has made me turn my BGM to 0 lol)

PJ
Mar 6, 2006, 11:58 PM
Ok, this point was not made by me, but from someone on another forum (So if you're reading this, and you don't like me posting it, I'll edit it out)

Ok so far so good. He also said the red ring was a beta testing item, which is wrong. All beta testing items (Mag Unit, Blue Ring etc.) are NOT red boxed and they do NOT have yellow writing.
Plus, for banmkmodders, most beta testing items are either found at the end of the digit list for items or more or less in the middle of the digit list.
However, this does NOT apply for the red ring it appears to be in the normal line of items.

I assume by Blue Ring he means a different specialed one.

Saiffy
Mar 7, 2006, 01:03 AM
They could've had the Red Ring in beta, the one we see, and had plans at the time to release it. After giving a special attribute(THe PB one), they could've said screw it.

A lot of assuming, but a theory nonetheless. Still makes more sense than gibarta :3

Skorpius
Mar 7, 2006, 01:27 AM
On 2006-03-06 20:58, PJ wrote:

Whomever said that knows just as much as I do about it. "Grain of salt" and all that. I also never specifically said it was a beta testing item. I believe (without actually checking) I said that it could be assumed, or that it might have been, but I didn't state that as a fact. If I did, I apologize, as that wasn't my intention.

However, the purpose of the topic is not to debate on either Red Ring was or was not a pure beta item, but to tell the possible reasons why there is no Red Ring legitimately available.

metatime
Mar 8, 2006, 01:53 AM
Anyone knows if the level requirement for RR is fixed in BB?

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Mar 10, 2006, 06:43 AM
We can add a new theory to this story, however inane and uninspiring:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v31/Snapshots/Blue%20Burst/redringtastesgood.jpg
Those floor faces eat the ring before you can even walk up to see it.

For BB, I've yet to see anyone run around with a Red Ring, so they fixed a loophole here?

Delfi
Mar 10, 2006, 12:56 PM
http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif^^^^^^^ Thats so funny http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif^^^^^^^^^^^

Saiffy
Mar 10, 2006, 12:59 PM
On 2006-03-10 03:43, HAYABUSA-FMW- wrote:
For BB, I've yet to see anyone run around with a Red Ring, so they fixed a loophole here?

I remember seeing some people with Dark Flow in a BB screenshot, meaning people can make these items, and they're still not banned.

However, it'd probably be hard to find someone who can make items to make a Red Ring for this kinda thing.

zandra117
Mar 19, 2006, 02:15 PM
has anyone checked the online drop rates lately maybe sonicteam changed it now. When was the last time data on the Red Ring was actually examined? You guys could be using old data by now.

DC_PLAYER
Apr 10, 2006, 05:10 AM
don't know if it was posted something like this
can the red ring be obtain on ver.2 with a redria char on ult. DF
on the item fidings in the ver.2 section on this site says that redria is the only id to get the red ring
clear this out.
i do not care if it cannot be obtain, because i'm an oran, but for future questions, i would like to awser right

laharl
Apr 10, 2006, 02:12 PM
I heard from a friend of mine (a hacker), that there ARE 3 versions of the red ring, so I whould like to know, how you found out that there is only one version of the ring.

DarkLightning
May 16, 2006, 09:52 AM
well i had no idea about these rings never heard of them or anything but now i have i want them so are the banned online or are they not and personaly i agree with PJ and that the red ring is acosiated with the entire storyline i also think segateam are a wee tiny bit lazy

Kratos123
May 17, 2006, 04:45 PM
There are three versions of the red ring? Neeto! To bad there impossible to get or so they say.

DC_PLAYER
Jun 13, 2006, 05:58 AM
again
don't know if it was posted something like this
can the red ring be obtain on ver.2 with a redria char on ult. DF
on the item fidings in the ver.2 section on this site says that redria is the only id to get the red ring
clear this out.
i do not care if it cannot be obtain, because i'm an oran, but for future questions, i would like to awser right

Kratos123
Jul 14, 2006, 11:22 PM
I beg of u not to flame. but im a cocky son of a and im stubborn! so listen and listen well NO FLAMING KRATOS123! got it good now on to business.

I emailed SEGA again and got a reply. this is ilegal to do but i am gonna do it anyways. Skorpius u told me that the person that sent me the email before was just a angry employee screwing with me. well the same employee replyed to me but i was under a new name that person told me the "red ring guard" is possible to get for the gamecube version specifically. that person said not how to do it but everyone can get it obviously. so im gonna put it on photobucket sometime to show u guys. sry skorpius to put u on the spot i just had to make a point but hopefully were still cool with one another! ^-^. P.S. SEGA customer support people have no data for the OLGA FLOW GENE for the gamecube so i wouldnt think its real and yes i asked for it too just so ya know.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kratos123 on 2006-07-14 21:40 ]</font>

Lord_Kratos
Jul 14, 2006, 11:26 PM
<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Lord_Kratos on 2006-07-18 13:43 ]</font>

PSOX_Amigo
Aug 1, 2006, 01:53 PM
Im sure this is a lie but i heard if u kill olga flow on ult. with a RED Weapon of ne kind u will get a parasitic gene:flow (Because somethin about the letters on all te read weapons add up to the name heatchcliff flowen) and u use the gene to make one of the dark weapon's then killing dark falz with a "Dark" weapon u will obtain red ring rico or somethin along thoose lines.

Lord_Kratos
Aug 1, 2006, 04:31 PM
actually if ya kill olga with a red weapon or at least hit him with one ore something you can go back to pioneer then go back to the boss area and see heathcliff and if ya kill dark falz with a dark weapon which those are impossible to get you'll then see rico. but both disappear when ya get to close

PSOX_Amigo
Aug 2, 2006, 10:07 AM
Then whats the point to see flowen if u dont get the damn gene

Feelmirath
Aug 2, 2006, 12:53 PM
You just see the spirit of Flowen. That's all.
Both the red ring and PGF cannot drop legitimately, because Falz and Olga's DAR is 0%.

Lord_Kratos
Aug 2, 2006, 02:01 PM
I have a grand idea. How about this. St wanted to put in the Red Ring. Then they decided lets not. Such a powerful item shouldnt be in the game. We'll leave it as part of the storyline or else the game will fall apart. So they didnt keep it and now were where we are. Red Ring-less and no one cares all that much. End of story. The ring cant be found legitametly and thats that. Why not you say because ST is too lazy to put it back in after everyone cares so much about it. You never know there could be a cameo appearance in PSU. And what i would like to know is where the hang the Rings origianated from. Whats the background behind the other rings? I know the Ragol Rings background.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Lord_Kratos on 2006-08-07 17:51 ]</font>

I thought this was an interesting explanation.
"Question: If you can't find those items why aren't they banned online?
Answer: Good question. They should be banned. I think Sonic Team forgot to ban them (this has happened with other items) and then they got hacked into the game and now everyone has them and if Sonic Team banned them 90% of players would be banned. Also I think the Red Ring has an error: the required level to equip it is 108; it should be 180 and because of this Sonic Team will probably never officially release this item. But this game isn't done yet. There are still other unreleased items so maybe these two are also in our future *crosses fingers*."

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Lord_Kratos on 2006-08-07 17:02 ]</font>

sk8erdez
Feb 27, 2007, 05:35 AM
i like how if you go into the item database there are always pics of the non legit weapons like red ring and dark weapons but yet they have pictures. Now to me if the items are not legit they should have not allow pictures of people using them in the database.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: sk8erdez on 2007-03-01 06:47 ]</font>

Ryna
Mar 6, 2007, 10:46 AM
On 2007-02-27 02:35, sk8erdez wrote:
i like how if you go into the item database there are always pics of the non legit weapons like red ring and dark weapons but yet they have pictures. Now to me if the items are not legit they should have not allow pictures of people using them in the database.

You can think of the item database as being a knowledge-base. If you would like to know the stats about an item, you can find the information there.

After the Red Ring and Dark Weapons became extremely common items, it didn't make sense to omit them.

Meyfei
Jul 31, 2007, 08:45 AM
just remember, when you see 0% its not 100% chance of being 0 it could be a lazy way of saying 0.1% - 0.9% altogether it gives a near impossible chance of getting a drop...

T0m
Jul 31, 2007, 07:38 PM
R-97-3, under the premise that you are referring to the 0% droprate of some unobtainable PSO items; in the case of the 0% dropchance, it's been found and maintained that this is not a rounded number; here it is an integer (a whole number), or an absolute zero.

And as a sidenote, how likely is it that anything above 0.5% would be denoted as 0%? That wouldn't be lazy, it would be sloppy. It would correspond with a droprate of 1/200, or better. And that would make it one of PSO's better droprates.