PDA

View Full Version : final fantasy 11

trueprophecy
Mar 2, 2006, 09:22 PM
Besides me who plays here?

also what level of each job and what server?

for me im on valefore and hades.

hades a 68 PLD and 54 DRG and 39 WAR

valefore im just starting.

AC9breaker
Mar 2, 2006, 09:26 PM
I played the game for a year before I realized how horrible it is and cancelled my account. I was a level 68 Galka thief on Bismark. The economy in the game is just horrible and I don't understand how people are still able to justify paying to play that game when its obvious that the developers don't care about what happens in the world.

trueprophecy
Mar 2, 2006, 11:19 PM
On 2006-03-02 18:26, AC9breaker wrote:
I played the game for a year before I realized how horrible it is and cancelled my account. I was a level 68 Galka thief on Bismark. The economy in the game is just horrible and I don't understand how people are still able to justify paying to play that game when its obvious that the developers don't care about what happens in the world.

have you been online for pso???? the economy has NEVER been good. GC the game was great but the economy sucked. BB is trash online. ep3 is clean. jp servers are 75% clean.

FF11 you cant cheat or instantly banned. very good in some servers. Hades,ValeFore,Asura, and CaitSith are very good servers.

CupOfCoffee
Mar 3, 2006, 01:22 AM
I've played FFXI off and on since it's US PS2 release (although I now play on PC... not that I'm playing right now). WoW is currently proving to be a lot more entertaining than FFXI ever was, so that's my MMORPG fix at the moment. I had a Lv18 WAR on Gilgamesh, though. A few other jobs at insignificant levels, too.

GrumblyStuff
Mar 3, 2006, 01:47 AM
On 2006-03-02 20:19, trueprophecy wrote:
(pso) was great but the economy sucked.
There's an economy?

AC9breaker
Mar 3, 2006, 09:32 AM
Off course I've played PSO online, and no it doesn't have an economy. In PSO you don't need items to make progress in the game. Meanwhile, in FFXI, thanks to real money traders that have priced gouged items that you NEED just to get by. While PSO may have hard to get items, you don't really need them to be succesful and have a good time in game.

an example on how bad the economay has inflated becuase of RMT's a pair of boots that costed 250 thousand when I started playing now cost a little under 3 million as of a few weeks from now. Evven though its possible to make that kind of bank with steady play, I don't have the time needed to kill my brain cells farming enough money so I can purchase these things.

Not only that, but once you reach endgame on FFXI, there is alot of really bad elitism. Hitler would blush if he only knew.

Neith
Mar 3, 2006, 10:34 AM
I played FFXI for about 2-3 weeks. Not a bad game, but not for me.

1) I thought it was a really grind-based game, which I hate. PSO's grind isn't that bad really.

2) I was surprised when I played for the first time at the graphics. Looks pretty bad in my opinion.

It was still a good game, don't get me wrong, but I just didn't enjoy it at all.

What I didn't really like was as soon as I hit Lv10, I HAD to go to Valkurm Dunes to level up, and waiting ages for a party sucked.

azjazo
Mar 3, 2006, 11:21 AM
I play FFXI on Asura server right now, I started playing three months ago, and I play only on weekends or when I get early from work, I'm lvl 19 Black mage and 17 (almost 18) white mage, and I think itrs a grat game, the best MMORPG period.

Yeah, the economy sucks, but thats not cuz the game, its cuz the cheaters that are always en ANY MMO, you just cant get those out, but Square has recently get countermeasures about that, rigth, they dindt remove all the cheaters, and theres no way people will get back their 30 mil on items or anithyn, but its just not fair to call that the game hsa no suport, theres always GM playing and are very responsive, the game has been out for bout 4 years and its has been updaten periodically to keep players happy

Game wise, trurly its a bother to wait for a party, but it is worth it, and if you dont like to WAIT for a party, you could easily gather one yourself with its find system, dont be lazy, and about partys I thint thats the best part of FFXI, the party battle system its awesome, its a lot of fun and tactical, mages actually CAN take a few hits unlike other "MMOs" *coughragnarokcough*

--RMT countermeasures http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/information/060209.html

--World evolution
http://na.square-enix.com/ffxi/evolution/

Another thing that I love about FFXI its that its actually an RPG, with its story and all, misions that let you know things about the world and be part of the whole adventure

Graphics in the other hand, are "ugly" nowdays, but keep in mind that the game its 4 years old, 4 years ago the graphics looker GREEEAT, and even now they are nice to just watch, maybe a litte redundant in the maps around each city and kind of darky if you ask me (I would certainly prefer colorful graphics ala silkroad or something)

Of course,what I hate about FFXI (and every single MMO) its the time they consume, I have played PSO for about 150 hours and I'm only lvl 100/200, in one month I'm about to finish Fire Emblem Path of Radiance (30 gameplay hours or so), and I have been playing FFXI for 3 hole months (on weekends) and I cant ride a chocobo yet, yeah, MMOs suck at the time consuming issue, but thats the way they are ment, ALL of them

I haven't played WoW, and I dont mean to, I'm not a graphics whore (I still loved to play in my old NES till my parets trow it up a couple of years ago), but WoW semms so ugly to mee, not the poligon rate or anithig, but the atmosfere, the char desing and all that, you dont have to give the better poligonal rate or anithing, but you shuold the best you can in some aspects graphic wise, and WoW has not appeal IMHO (its about flavor, not graphics, in a MMO graphics are a litle bit more important, just becuase youll be seing those same graphics a lot!)

I could keep tellin ya about the great features of FFXI, but thats not my propuse, just dont bash a game if you dont know enough about it

Saiffy
Mar 3, 2006, 11:39 AM
I played on Kujata, and was considering renewing this month to play with some old friends. The game just got boring(Not that the gameplay was bad though). Sitting in Jeuno for 4 hours LFG wasn't my idea of fun, people don't seem to like summoners D:(Even when I said I'd be main healer, and hated that).

Cheating isn't instantly banned. A player on my server called Dorkmage cheated a lot before getting banned, then got banned again as Dorktank. He was my hero http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Otis_Kat
Mar 3, 2006, 12:49 PM
I cheat on ffxi...just a windower though so I can still do other stuff on my pc.

Me and my brother both play on Titan. We both renewed our accounts recently and started playing. Hes at the super end game level and I'm level 54 thief =/

trueprophecy
Mar 3, 2006, 02:23 PM
On 2006-03-03 07:34, UrikoBB3 wrote:
I played FFXI for about 2-3 weeks. Not a bad game, but not for me.

1) I thought it was a really grind-based game, which I hate. PSO's grind isn't that bad really.

2) I was surprised when I played for the first time at the graphics. Looks pretty bad in my opinion.

It was still a good game, don't get me wrong, but I just didn't enjoy it at all.

What I didn't really like was as soon as I hit Lv10, I HAD to go to Valkurm Dunes to level up, and waiting ages for a party sucked.

sup uriko. i respect you a lot and all but... the final fantasy 11 graphics are very good. the pso graphics on the other hand are very glitchy and horrible. PSO is a VERY good game but bad graphics and economy. FF11 has a nice setup. 10x more areas then most MMORPG's. more players then WoW (yay)

FF11 is unstoppable!

DizzyDi
Mar 3, 2006, 05:22 PM
Yeah I play FFXI, not as much as I used to though.

My main is 63 MNK on Caitsith.

Yeah its an ok game and all but it has some pretty huge flaws. Like theres a big emphasis on what items a person has rather than thier skill in the game. Add to the fact that people jack up prices WAY more than the item is worth and you got yourself in a hole. So you gotta farm for hours on end just to get this one uber item just so you won't be considered a gimp (insert job). Games are sopposed to be fun. I understand that you gotta do a little hard work in MMOs and all that, but farming for hours on end is ridiculous. The prices aren't as bad as they used to be thanks to SE banning those umpteen gilselling accounts but it still needs some major tweaking.

AC9breaker
Mar 3, 2006, 05:41 PM
Quoted for the truth of it. Any game that makes you play another game while playing said game is a failure in my book. Even just trying to get a party started is a pain in itself if your aren't one of the needed jobs such as a tank, or main healer, or nuke. I remember one time it took me like 2 hours to get a party started, then another hour to get the leveling spot. 15 minutes after we finally get there someone has to leave. The leveling system is ridiculous.

Anyone who has played the game long enough will tell you, "the game doesn't start to shine intill you get to the higher levels." Yes then the light shines. The light shines on how crappy the game is. Thats when you start to realize how useless the GM's are. How retarded the games mechanics are. How much longer you have to wait to find a party invite.

Also if your playing a job like thief isn't needed, it gets worst at 50+ I recall leaving my game on for 2 or 3 days with my flag on just to see if I would get ANY invites. The only tells I got where people asking me to help them on rare item hunts. If it weren't for the fact that I was able to get myself into a Static party around 50 and having some good friends playing that game, I would have quit the game a long time ago.

But thats not to say I din't have any fun playing the game. What little fun I did have was from being an asshole to people, stealing gil, mpk'ing, stealing claims and the PvP mode, Ballista. But it wasn't worth paying to play the game any longer then I had been. Visually the game is quite impressive. Although the PS2 version is on the limited side its still nice to look at while the PC and 360 version are just plain gorgeous. I remember my jaw dropping the first time I set foot on La Thiene Plateu. Zi'Tah was so serene and calm while the Tav'zania areas where simply breathtaking. The game had great lore that allowed for good immersion. But personally, I would advise everyone to stay away from MMO's. but, if thats your thing, I would recommend World of Warcraft playing on a PvP server. It is a far superior game in many aspects. Heck play Guild Wars, or The Matrix or Maple Story play anything else BUT FFXI.

It may seem I am bitter towards FFXI and it's true I am. Thats becuase I wasted a year of time that could have been better spent doing something more productive then playing that horrible excuse of a game. Same deal with the money spent keeping my account active.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: AC9breaker on 2006-03-03 14:44 ]</font>

DizzyDi
Mar 3, 2006, 08:28 PM
http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif^ Hes right in some aspects...Just wanted to confirm that.

Kent
Mar 4, 2006, 12:10 AM
FFXI isn't what most people who play MMORPGs are looking for.

Most people who play MMORPGs are looking for a persistant world in which the main emphases are Player vs. Player battles, shallow combat systems, and a story that really isn't worth much paying attention to.

FFXI is more like an incredibly successful (design-wise) attempt to take a traditional RPG, and turn it into an MMO. Hundreds, and hundreds of quests are in the game, as well as a storyline with several different viewpoints (the main story missions for each country offer different views on the same story, to a point, for example). From my experience with MMORPGs, this one has got to have the most depth to it, in both combat and story.

I've been playing FFXI since it's NA PC release. Level 75 MNK, 66 RDM, 65 SAM, and a smattering of other things. On Fenrir server. Also, I just (finally) completed the 5AA fight, and got my Bushinomimi~

Alisha
Mar 4, 2006, 09:30 PM
level 75 monk here.i was actually in a linkshell with ac9breaker

eXo
Mar 6, 2006, 10:56 PM
Sup kent hmm i have been away for way 2 long umm do you know what the time frame is in order to keep your character because it would suck if my rdm is gone http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_nono.gif

Kent
Mar 7, 2006, 06:42 PM
You've got three months to reactivate, before your character is deleted.

Otis_Kat
Mar 10, 2006, 01:58 AM
I think they changed the time to 9 months or something, because if it was 3, my Otis would have been gone.

Deathscythealpha
Mar 10, 2006, 05:08 AM
I used to play last summer, but in the end I had to quit over how aggravating the game got.

As people mentioned, the grind was terrible. I got to the point where I had to go to Valkum Dunes (The most uninspiring area in the world) but whilst there I actually started to level down. I didnt think you could level down in these games! That just felt like I was wasting my whole time whilst making some cock ups.

I also found it hard to party with anyone. Everyone is looking for a very exact party roster, and you could be standing around for a hell of a long time if they didnt want you. Some party's didnt even have much camaderie either. Running through Valkum Dunes I got killed by a tough monster. Instead of flagging a healer or anything, they all ran away on me!!! Then they pretty mush said bye and disbanded the party!

A friend of mine still really enjoys the game, but its definately not my style of MMORPG. I must say, I love the Cardians though.

BogusKun
Mar 10, 2006, 09:54 AM
72mnk
67 ninja
12 ranjer
21 warrior

i used the human male and was part of bastok.

too bad i quit about late 2004.

Jive18
Mar 10, 2006, 03:30 PM
Looking back on the 6 months my friend wasted playing FFXI, I'm glad I bought a slimline PS2, just to avoid any possible temptation to play that game http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif.

eXo
Mar 11, 2006, 04:01 PM
i think i missed my deadline =(

BogusKun
Mar 11, 2006, 07:36 PM
squareenix is wrong for having that deadline too man.

Link5
Mar 11, 2006, 09:34 PM
I played on the Alexander server with several friends I met through pso. My main is a level 65 Warrior with a few different sub-jobs. I actually found FFXI to be a lot of fun, but you really have to invest too much time into it to get anywhere. As of now I'm on an extended hiatus since around the end of summer. I'm considering getting back into it when this new expansion comes, or I may just hold off and wait for PSU.

BogusKun
Mar 13, 2006, 05:55 PM
wait for PSU. if you been on hiatus for 3 months... count yourself out of FF11

Link5
Mar 13, 2006, 06:47 PM
Well I've kept my account off and on to make sure I wouldn't lose my character. Plus even if I did lose my character and wanted to take the initiative to try and get it back, there's always a chance, like the "Welcome back to Vanadiel! We want your money again please. Your character isn't actually deleted!" celebrations that come around once and a while.
I never really got sick of FFXI, it's just more about not having the time now to sink into the game.
=P

kazuma56
Mar 13, 2006, 11:23 PM
I plat FFXI on ps2, i'm on the Fairy server and just got my SJ ability. I'm basically only going to be playing it until PSU comes out...because I barely get enough time to play WOW because my bros always on it.

XredX
Mar 14, 2006, 03:07 PM
LOL FFXI hmmm well the games ok but when you cant pt you cant lvl. and you cant solo in this game you say bst, bst sucks well its ok but that job get borring gear issuse are wayy over priced . and you have to get this almost evry5-10lvls and you dont have it youll get this booted from a pt/or just die evry time

And yet i cant stop playing but its not fot the game it the friends you make in it.

nin50
pld55
whm64
smn37

and im doing the same as kazuma56 just playing tell PSU

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: XredX on 2006-03-14 12:11 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: XredX on 2006-03-14 12:12 ]</font>