PDA

View Full Version : Flash Ads

EJ
Mar 3, 2006, 06:10 PM
I been getting those flash ads a lot recently, the ones that goes down and becomes twice it original size.

Can tommy or someone tell gamespy about the problem because I keep clicking those ads everytime I want to post. It is getting very annoying.

Skorpius
Mar 3, 2006, 06:16 PM
And screw up a perfectly good scam to get clicks and net funds? No way. They're working, why would Gamespy get rid of them?

KodiaX987
Mar 3, 2006, 06:21 PM
lol (http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=108847&forum=6&21)

internet (http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=109021&forum=6&5)

EJ
Mar 3, 2006, 06:22 PM
I never said get rid of them just make them appear less or make them just a normal flash ad without it turning it something that take up half the top page >_>

Tomeeboy
Mar 3, 2006, 07:18 PM
We are currently looking into getting rid of the Xmods ad, which I believe is probably the biggest problem causer of them all. This particular ad automatically explodes to 3x the normal size of a banner, basically blocking out everything on the page (and if you don't move the mouse away fast enough after clicking the close button, it just opens up again). This ad is currently causing problems all over the IGN/Gamespy network, not just here. It definitely doesn't fall within parameters that I would consider to be acceptable for a banner.

As for the flash ads in general, I'm afraid they are probably here to stay, as they are network-wide and out of our control. It's the cost of being a network site with unlimited resources and bandwidth. However, I will be looking into some options to reposition the Gamespy banners in the future, so that they are less likely to be a nuisance when trying to use the site's navigation (the forum quick menu, in particular).

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Mar 4, 2006, 12:50 AM
There was one today which hovered over my PM box windows, half a page or more down!

It was the 7 eleven one I believe for a Take Poll NOW!, I would have taken a pic, but I wanted to finish up my PM and searched out it's close box button to do just that.