PDA

View Full Version : Empire Earth HATES ME

Dangerous55
Sep 28, 2002, 06:52 PM
Well I bought this game because its great, but I bet I would like it alot fuckign more if it worked!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is so FUCKING FRUSTRATING, my problem is, I load the game, and once it gets past the Sierra and Stainless Steel Corp. ad things, it goes to the beginning movie. Then after that, I fuckign get a C++ Runtime Error thing. If anyone knows how to fix this please help me. Something fucking hates me int his world cause NOTHING EVER WORKS.

ABDUR101
Sep 28, 2002, 07:12 PM
It's ok D55, I love you ;_;

Well, as always, make sure you have the latest patches and drivers.

Runtime error, missing file..?

Dangerous55
Sep 28, 2002, 07:17 PM
I wish you were my computer.

But, how do I check the drivers and stuff? I will look for the patches. Arg farg.

ABDUR101
Sep 28, 2002, 07:29 PM
Display drivers, get the latest version.

Game patches, get all of them, look at the FAQ for the game at it's site.

If it's a widely spread problem, they prolly explain a fix.

Dangerous55
Sep 28, 2002, 07:54 PM
Well I got the latest patch, gotta see if it works. I dont really understand drivers...

SuperSubZero
Sep 29, 2002, 02:29 PM
If you haven't been updating your drivers, that's a clue as to why it doesn't work.

Drivers are important for setting the rules for the videocard to follow. Without properly updated ones, games may want to perform some function that an old driver doesn't understand. Likewise, they may address bugs or specific issues that can cause crashing or whatnot.

Find out who makes your video card, go to their website, get their latest drivers.

Empire Earth is fun, but it can be SO long. I've had games, even with an advantage, like me and 3 CPU's against 3 CPU's, it can take several hours if I play through every Epoch. I played online a few times when it was new, but so many people lack the attention span for a game that can take hours to play, and they always quit out. Just remember, the AI cheats. Blatantly. With a CPU ally, I can watch it cheat. It's awful.

Dangerous55
Sep 29, 2002, 04:25 PM
Hmm, download drivers eh? Na, when I get off 56k I will. I traded it in and got Dungeon Siege, which is great.