PDA

View Full Version : *Kicks Vol Opt with metal-plated boot*

Giiven
Mar 4, 2006, 09:01 PM
I can't even beat Vol Opt on Normal mode. Isn't that sad? =[

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Mar 5, 2006, 04:08 AM
Not really.

Think about it, you just thoroughly kicked De Rol Le's ass right?

And that is one hell of a hard fight the first time through ever, taking up to or past 30 minutes even for some players!

Just learn the little things that hurt him most, got MST use Gizonde!, take out his face first to not get trapped in the hurtful attack that comes out of his green tracker blob, learn to avoid that through running and dodging, and when his three pillar attack comes up- run before you see the red lights signaling the start of the pillar dropping!

Best of luck to you.

PIT
Mar 5, 2006, 05:37 AM
i can only add, that the best time to attack is when he's healing and when he's charging the pillar attack. don't destroy the healing device, it doesn't heal much of his hp and it gives you a lot of time to kick his ass.

Sayara
Mar 5, 2006, 11:09 AM
About the pillar drops, if your sound is up, you hear the "activate special attack" sound as he is ready to drop his pillars. (And visually, he opens his vents and you see red inside)

If you can use mechs or daggers use them. Keep rapid striking it, it'll break a part in no time! You dont even necessarly have to break all the parts.

ZaiV2
Mar 5, 2006, 12:51 PM
the key to Vol Opt, in my opinion, is to have a mechgun, good ATA, decent ATP, and to be quick. In the first form, you'll need to find and destroy the unit that Vol Opt is occupying ASAP so that you don't get shocked (possibly paralyzed temporarily). The mechgun is important also for the screens, because it breaks them fairly quickly. On the second form, everyone's pretty much on the ball, but I would go for the missile component first. Above all else, if you can't succeed, level up. If you're the right level you'll almost fall asleep when fighting Vol Opt because he's so easy. On normal for me, that was about level 27. Good luck!

Giiven
Mar 5, 2006, 01:13 PM
Thanks I do need to level up-and the fact that I'm using a level 22 FOnewearl might be a reason I can't beat him(or her) xD

OdinTyler
Mar 5, 2006, 05:26 PM
On 2006-03-05 10:13, Giiven wrote:
Thanks I do need to level up-and the fact that I'm using a level 22 FOnewearl might be a reason I can't beat him(or her) xD

Actually, I just got my FOnewearl from Lv9 to 22 today. Also, went from Caves on Normal to now Im up to Caves on Hard. Went through all those levels. How? Well, she has a Lv200 Sato mag with 125 MIND. If this is an alt, you can work on a really good mag then give to this char & your techs will be insane! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif If this is your only char, then, consider leveling up & raising a decent mag. MST really benefits a newearl as their HP, ATP...basically, just about everything else blows. Youll do it, just keep at it. Good luck!

Firocket1690
Mar 5, 2006, 06:30 PM

If memory serves, fonewearls don't have metal plated boots. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Dreadlock
Mar 5, 2006, 08:29 PM
Are you playing online or offline? If online, may I suggest rounding some homies together to help out? Either way, just level up and you'll be able to solo him sooner or later. Use area attacks when he is in his T.V screens and when his robotic dildos are out, strike the bulging red one.

Completely off subject, but. Your signature. For "Neopets." Is it just me or does the creature have revealed black breasts?

Giiven
Mar 6, 2006, 12:00 AM
On 2006-03-05 17:29, Dreadlock wrote:
Are you playing online or offline? If online, may I suggest rounding some homies together to help out? Either way, just level up and you'll be able to solo him sooner or later. Use area attacks when he is in his T.V screens and when his robotic dildos are out, strike the bulging red one.

Completely off subject, but. Your signature. For "Neopets." Is it just me or does the creature have revealed black breasts?

I'm playing offline. And it's a guy I think. xD

DevinTre
Mar 6, 2006, 12:06 AM
O.O Those aren't breasts! That's like ... armorish stuff.

Aisha_Clan-Clan
Mar 6, 2006, 02:50 AM
Use Razonde if you have it. Having other characters helped me with my Forces. Tranfered higher techs and other stuff. Try to telepipe for Sol Atomizers. Grr. Zonde attacks shorts out non Androids alot in Pso 1&2 for low levels. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/eviltongue.gif Good luck!

Giiven
Mar 6, 2006, 07:44 PM
On 2006-03-05 21:06, DevinTre wrote:
O.O Those aren't breasts! That's like ... armorish stuff.

Yes, exactly. xD

KodiaX987
Mar 6, 2006, 08:45 PM
If anything, be sure to have a power mag. It will considerably shorten the battle time.

First phase: screens and electric pillars. They cause next to no damage, especially at your level, so I'll assume you do well on that part. Best to use a handgun there since you can easily reach the different screens and pillars without having to move around too much.

Second phase: Vol Opt has a single pattern: torpedo, pillar, pillar, heal, super-attack. That's it that's all.

If you can survive the torpedo salvo, then it's a good idea to just blindly attack through that one and Resta once he's done shooting. Needless to say, have a full stack of fluids.

The pillar attack isn't difficult to dodge, but the camera perspective makes things hard to see. Assuming you run around Vol Opt clockwise, keep the stick aimed just slightly to the right and keep pressing the camera reset button to have your character gently turn around the boss. Keep a finger on the monomate shortcut in case you get caught. Unlike Resta, monomates act instantly and without the need of a charge-up.

Healing! I don't know how much he heals per shot, but I've concluded the amount is negligible. If you destroy this part of him, he'll skip healing altogether, replacing it by a brief pause before moving on to the super-attack.

Super-attack's easy to dodge. Run around him again for about 4 seconds, just enough to let his targeting ball fade out. You can then give him a combo before he does the torpedo attack again.

Once you destroy his super-attack part (the two plates on each side of his face), you can then take out the healing part at your leisure. Chances are he'll be dead before you remove the pillar and torpedo parts. If you do actually get all four parts removed, then you can sit down, take a break and eat a sandwich because Vol Opt won't have anything to do except just sit there and do small talk.

Your biggest priority is mates. These things are your safety net in case you screw up.

Firocket1690
Mar 7, 2006, 06:35 PM
On 2006-03-06 17:45, KodiaX987 wrote:
If you do actually get all four parts removed, then you can sit down, take a break and eat a sandwich because Vol Opt won't have anything to do except just sit there and do small talk.

Never knew that was possible, let alone normal mode. o_O?

BogusKun
Mar 9, 2006, 06:35 AM
On 2006-03-05 15:30, Firocket1690 wrote:

If memory serves, fonewearls don't have metal plated boots. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

he must be playin that sega genesis version of PSO with FOcast.

KodiaX987
Mar 9, 2006, 07:34 AM
On 2006-03-07 15:35, Firocket1690 wrote:

Never knew that was possible, let alone normal mode. o_O?

It happened a few times while online on V-Hard. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif But I guess it's doable on normal. You work on a part, let the bot heal himself a few rounds, then do the others.

Giiven
Mar 13, 2006, 08:34 PM
Yay, I beat it. ^_^ Ruins is awesome, but Delsabers scare me. xD

RaDave
Mar 15, 2006, 06:45 AM
trust me vol opt isnt hard on my old lvl 200 char i trained on him you need the following things (i was ranger if ur hunter replaces machguns with daggers and rifle with autogun)

1. Resta (Highest lvl possible)
2. Anti (Highest lvl possible - if possible borrow a mag with 100+ mst to learn all high level spells)
3. Rifle (shock is useless i used an ice sniper + 30 - owned)
4.Mechguns (for the towers that show up - 1 light att, 2 heavy att)
5. 10 sol atomizers - (if u cant afford goto forest two alot are dropped of gigaboomas etc)
6. 10 mono mates - (when shocked these are faster healers than resta)

Lasty remember to check your status and hp at all times!

Giiven
Mar 18, 2006, 02:15 AM
On 2006-03-15 03:45, RaDave wrote:
trust me vol opt isnt hard on my old lvl 200 char i trained on him you need the following things (i was ranger if ur hunter replaces machguns with daggers and rifle with autogun)

1. Resta (Highest lvl possible)
2. Anti (Highest lvl possible - if possible borrow a mag with 100+ mst to learn all high level spells)
3. Rifle (shock is useless i used an ice sniper + 30 - owned)
4.Mechguns (for the towers that show up - 1 light att, 2 heavy att)
5. 10 sol atomizers - (if u cant afford goto forest two alot are dropped of gigaboomas etc)
6. 10 mono mates - (when shocked these are faster healers than resta)

Lasty remember to check your status and hp at all times!

I already beat it. Thanks though. ^_^