PDA

View Full Version : How is Episode II?

ZaiV2
Mar 5, 2006, 01:32 PM
I've never played episode II very much, seeing as the first two stages are so very, very annoying. Is there fun to be had? How are the bosses? Any specifically awesome drops in Episode II? Please tell me, as Episode I is beginning to lose its appeal.

rena-ko
Mar 5, 2006, 01:46 PM
its different from ep1, thats for sure.

lets see... less exp overall, annoying bosses that need you to have high stats and good weapons... then it shows off some graphical gimmicks, enemies that need a bit more strategy than in ep1 and interesting drops.

Jive18
Mar 5, 2006, 01:46 PM
During my Gamecube days I found Ep. 2 to be better than Ep. 1 in every way. The environments, enemies, drops, etc. were much more appealing to me compared to the dullness in the first episode. True, the first 2 areas (Temple/Spaceship) aren't quite as good as Central Control/Seabed, but they still are interesting and provide something unique.

I can't really tell you much about the drops, considering the various id's, but there are quite a few items that can only be obtained by going through Ep. 2 (Yamigarasu and Zanba come to mind).

One last thing, if you are looking for an actual challenge go ahead and try it. I found C.C. to be fairly hard and Seabed gave me my money's worth http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif.

What are you waiting for? Go play some Ep. 2!

Mewn
Mar 5, 2006, 02:18 PM
If you want EXP (at least on GC, Ep2 EXP is higher on BB, although there is the exp penalty upon dying on that version) do Episode 1.

If you want fun, do Episode 2.

A lot of people don't like Temple and Spaceship (I dunno why, Temple is decent and Spaceship is fantastic in my opinion), but practically everybody is blown away by CCA and Seabed. As said, it requires some more tactics and strategy, but the drops are nice.

Just beware that on Ultimate insta-kill is all over the place in Episode 2 http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Mar 5, 2006, 02:31 PM
If you never play it, you're missing out on a huge portion of the game.

Why people never play it is a huge question for the many of us that do!

You'll never get to see the other bosses, other enemies, and get a chance at the items specific to Episode 2!

In BB its already fully open from the start, so go nuts and run straight to Seabed if you'd like.

Olga Flow is a boss you have to fight at least once in your PSO career, if only to finish off the story.

GrumblyStuff
Mar 5, 2006, 03:12 PM
Episode 2 is fun but you need lots of ATA.

Temple is a bit of a pain in the ass with it's enclosed areas and very small rooms. Too 'mazey' is it's only problem. The boss is similar but easier than the Caves' boss.

Spaceship pretty good but wolves (Normal to Very Hard) and gulgus' have high evade and they're a lot more aggressive than in Forest. The boss is another dragon but will breath fire, ice, and lightning. You'll have to fight more than one at once after you significantly damage it (two for N-VH; three in Ult).

Central Control is HARD. If you're in Ult, Cure/Shock would be handy because of the god damn Ul Gibbons. Again, you needs lots of ATA to fight the gibbons and gees. The plants things (Merillia and Meriltas) as well as the bigger plant thing, Gibbles, and Gi-gue are much easier to hit. Hell weapons work pretty good here.

Seabed is also very hard. Squidies hurt so just shoot them. The Sinows pack a punch but can be knocked back (as oppose to Ult Mines Sinows ¬_¬). Deldepths are among the easier if you stick by the door and fight them one at a time with no other enemies. Delbiters and Morfos will give you the most trouble (Morfos more so). Hell weapons also work really good here. Use them on the squidies, Reconboxes, Sinow Zoa's, and Morfos.

Also, you'll find some reconboxes that don't do anything. If you can increase your ATA without increasing your ATP, you can suck experience out of them without damaging them at all.

PSOPRINCE
Mar 5, 2006, 03:29 PM
ep 2 has amazing amounts of fun to be had new enemies new place personaly i despise temple and spacehsip as all the enemies are the dame and there is little differnces betrween tthe bosses and there counterparts of ep 1. now when you reach c.c you will be a lot more exilarated and on ult the drops are amazing compared to ep2 come on sealed j sword. *drools* gal gryphon is my fave boss as its differnt and cool tthe time your taking to read all these posts you could be doing c.c

A2K
Mar 5, 2006, 03:51 PM
Oh, but the boss areas so much cooler! On that little boat going through all those ruins, or inside what can only be described as a techno arena? I love how the dragon flies out of the screen!

Kio
Mar 5, 2006, 04:07 PM
My friend and I play every week, and this week we chose Episode 2 (happens rarely...) because we were actually low on meseta and needed trifluids for our Force mags.

Started up on Very Hard

Did Spaceship. Nothing much (photon drop) but good exp and a lot of fun.

Did Seabed. Awesome exp. The drops included: Diska of Bravemen, Diska of Liberator, Photon Drop, and TWO Devil/Battles.

Needless to say, it's Episode 2 again this week.

GrumblyStuff
Mar 5, 2006, 04:55 PM
If you can, use Difluids instead. Much cheaper even if it takes a bit longer to get to 200.

Aztec_Mystic
Mar 5, 2006, 05:08 PM
Ok so this is it:

Episode II is harder so it gives you an even higher challenge.

Episode II enemies gives you more experience than in the first episode.

The first two areas of the 2nd episode are training fields and they respawn known enemies and sort of known bosses from the first episode, but the last two areas are completly new and are really worth trying (great bosses btw)!

To finish off you can get different items on the 2nd episode including Soul Banish, Sealed J Sword and many more... so enjoy the episode II http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

gokruel
Mar 6, 2006, 10:26 AM
I prefer ep 2 to ep 1 there is more of a sort of challenge to the areas than what there is in ep 1 and the weapons dropped are significantly better than in ep 1

YOnyx360
Apr 17, 2006, 06:48 AM
I really hated ep 2 coz on da temple i used 2 get squashed by that big pillar all the time. However the rare monsters there were better than ep 1

Neith
Apr 17, 2006, 07:19 AM
YOnyx360, please don't bump old threads.

Maximus21
Apr 17, 2006, 07:30 AM
No matter how high your character is you can still die from any mode in ep 2.

Dhylec
Apr 17, 2006, 08:15 AM
Please do not bump a topic that has been inactive for more than 2 weeks. If you like, link it to your new topic.