PDA

View Full Version : Sonic Riders

PJ
Mar 5, 2006, 04:28 PM
I know there was a topic about this before, but it was before it was released, and people being all, "Ooooh, it'll probably suck," and all that jazz.

Well, it's out now, and it sucking is all up to opinion of course http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

But my brother just got it yesterday, and so far, it's crazy fun. It's like a mix of Kirby's Air Ride, SSX and trace elements of Sonic Heroes (Speed, Flight, Power, and levelups), my brother says Mario Kart too, but I don't see it.

So far, the multiplayer has already given us crazy laughs. Free for all races are good, but tag matches are (In my opinion) more fun. You go on teams, and you share your air (Your boards run on air in this game, sounds bad in theory but once you get used to it it works really well) and you have to try to stay close to eachother, and still win. If one of the 2 gets too far behind, the player ahead will get a good zap to slow them down!

There is a story mode, which is interesting, but not mind-blowingly awesome. I like the cutscenes though (Especially the first one in the hero story). And I originally really thought I'd hate the 3 new characters in the game, but they're actually pretty cool (Wave only from a story perspective).

I wanted to say a lot more, but I couldn't think of how to describe it. It's my favourite racing game to date.

(My favourite part might be the owner of the parts shop; a Chao with goggles! Huh, reminds me of the adventures of Wazzy and I http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif)

AzureBlaze
Mar 5, 2006, 10:10 PM
Glad to see a good review for this...
Being a total Sonicfan, I ordered this online so I could get the T-shirt with it (remember that rather odd hat that came with Shadow? It was free, but is worth about 60-70 dollars now)

But, I had been annoyed by reviews that say 'oh its all about doin' tha Dew d000d' or something. And then didn't elaborate on WHY they didn't like it, other than 'it was trying to be cool'. But if its fun and funny, it seems like it'll do well.
The only thing I'm skeptical about is the 3 MORE new characters they're dumping into the Sonic universe. This place doesn't keep needing more guys--it's already on overload. They can't keep diluting the cool...or they'll end up like Archie. Kind of too bad it's not online, but that's Nintendo for you, not much a wonder ST seems to be dissing them a bit on the next-gens.

Still waiting (oh well for economy mail)

Atayin
Mar 6, 2006, 12:25 AM
The boards add for a good look and everything, I know... but seriously, wouldn't one of those things just slow Sonic down? I'm sure it's a fun game anyhow. Thanks for the review, PJ, I've been curious about the game regardless of what popular opinion says.

I heard a lot of crap about Kirby's Air Ride, but a friend of mine bought it. I didn't even plan on trying it out, but everyone playing was laughing and cracking up. Before long, I liked it too. Sonic Riders is worth a shot too, I think.

Ladriachan
Mar 6, 2006, 03:02 AM
this game reeks of fun ^.^ enough said

Aisha_Clan-Clan
Mar 6, 2006, 04:08 PM
I can't wait till I get it. Have you unlocked Nights yet? Is she/he boardles, or stuck on a board?

Dre_o
Mar 6, 2006, 04:40 PM
On 2006-03-05 21:25, Atayin wrote:
The boards add for a good look and everything, I know... but seriously, wouldn't one of those things just slow Sonic down?

Well first, you gotta remember, it gives him ALL terrain capabilities. And second, being a Sonic fan myself, sounds cool. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif Might have to pick it up.

Jive18
Mar 6, 2006, 06:44 PM
Definently sounds good. I would probably pick it up if I hadn't blown all my money on ddr ;0.

Kent
Mar 6, 2006, 07:17 PM
I don't really have a means to play it, sadly... Don't have a decent hookup for my Xbox.

Although, when/if it becomes compatible with my 360 (or I get a new TV... Or keyboard...), I'll pick it up.

Daikarin
Mar 7, 2006, 03:48 PM
Cool cutscenes, cool graphics and a multiplayer-orientated Sonic game. As long as you're a Sonic fan, it doesn't have to be ground-breaking to entertain you. I'll probably get this one - I'm not so sure about Shadow the Hedgehog, though.