PDA

View Full Version : mags

FOshizzle
Mar 5, 2006, 07:10 PM
what are the rare mind MAGS and how can they be made?

Farrmark
Mar 5, 2006, 07:37 PM
http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=viewtopsection&section=Mags&secver=1

All you need to know about Mags can be found in that section http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

xxTrystanxx
Mar 5, 2006, 08:38 PM
A rare Ep. II MAG (since that's what I'm assuming you're referring to) occurs when certain equations are met -- for example, DEF+POW=DEX+MIND or DEF+MIND=POW+DEX The equation you need is based on the Section ID of the character that will evolve it into a rare. Any character can feed a mag up until that point, but once it is about to level to 100 (or another multiple of 10 that satisfies the equation) it needs to be fed and evolved by the character that gets the rare MAG that you want.

Pretty much any rare MAG can be made a mind mag, but you should choose a Sec. ID that offers you an optimal equation, such as DEF+DEX=POW+MIND, At lvl 100 you could have either 50/0/0/50, or 5/0/45/50 giving you a max of 150 MIND at lvl 200.

OdinTyler
Mar 5, 2006, 08:48 PM
For the rare, yellow caps mags, Ive found the easiest way to get the stat equation equal is make every stat 25. Yes, its tricky, but it works out. Then, depending on the ID that gives it the final feeding to 100, it will evolve to the mag you want. Going on 25 per stat, you could theoretically end up with a mag that has 125 on 1 stat or maybe 2 75s or however you want it to be. If youre a non-cast, you can benefit from at least 25 in each stat.
My FOnewearl has a Lv200 Sato (125 MIND) & shes totally ruling the game with it. Today, I went from Lv9 finally completing a Normal Caves run & Im now up to Hard Ruins. Giving a high mag to a low lvl alt REALLY helps. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif I really recommend Sato. Nidra's also another good one. I havent been able to try them all out. I have a Pushan but havent really tested it yet. The rare mags are actually worth the extra effort.

xxTrystanxx
Mar 5, 2006, 08:53 PM
Do you melee with your FO? If you're just using techs, then you're really missing out on extra MST by making all stats 25 at 4th evolution. 25 POW is a waste on a pure tech FO, just like 25 MIND is a waste on a 'cast. Raising MAGs with the optimum stats you want is less difficult than painstakingly trying to get all stats to 25.

GrumblyStuff
Mar 5, 2006, 09:02 PM
On 2006-03-05 17:48, OdinTyler wrote:
The rare mags are actually worth the extra effort.

Only a few are. Rati's because they look so cool. Sato, Nidra, and Bhima for invincibility at bosses and at 1/10 HP. But other than that, bleh.

Deva looks like a stool. Diwari floats way too far away and is distracting. Pushan is too damn cuddly for my Racast. And I don't know what the hell Savitri is suppose to look like but I'll take a Rati anyway. ^_^

And Rukmin scares me for some reason. ¬_¬

OdinTyler
Mar 5, 2006, 09:10 PM
LOL Rati! Thats the other I was trying to think of. I know I shouldnt have 25 on the other stats if Im trying to get a pure tech FOnewearl. However, trying to get the 3 best Photon Blasts (Estlla, Pilla, & Golla in that order as they get added to the mag) & still get 1 of the rare mags isnt easy to pull off. I had to really work at these as I had forgotten how to get the photon blasts as I wanted them before. Its a small price to pay to get 3 usable Photon Blasts & still have decent stats. Its all worth it tho. Besides, 125 MIND extra added to what my FOnwearl has now. Shes Lv28 & with all the possible equipment I could add to her currently, she has way over 700 MST. I even use a Wizard/Technique to raise up her techs by a lvl. Now, if I only had 4 God Minds...

FOshizzle
Mar 5, 2006, 09:41 PM
i am trying to make a pure tech Fonewearl

GrumblyStuff
Mar 5, 2006, 09:49 PM
Then go for 50 DEF, 150 MST. Photon Blasts are more or less worthless for Forces (esspecially fonewearls) unless you're in a group. In that case, it's good to have a PB that won't be used by a hunter or a ranger. So start the mag on your Force and get Leilla, Mylla & Youlla, and then give it to a B-type hunter to feed it once during level 50, 55, 60, 65, etc to evolve it to get Estlla.

OdinTyler
Mar 6, 2006, 01:20 AM
Actually, since Im soloing offline, its good to have PBs that give decent dmg to an enemy. Also, being a FOnewearl, I know Ill get decent Shifta/Deband so Mylla & Youlla are pointless. I know that the power of the PBs is modded by POW but I still do ok dmg wise, from them.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: OdinTyler on 2006-03-05 22:20 ]</font>

GrumblyStuff
Mar 6, 2006, 01:25 AM
Meh. I always end up piping back to P2 to sell stuff and get a nearly free recharge of TP. And since it's early levels mag, that 178 MST (356!) is great. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

PSOPRINCE
Mar 6, 2006, 12:53 PM
golla? bleh its crap estilla is a loy better i did nearly 2000 on ult mine with my fonewearl

xxTrystanxx
Mar 6, 2006, 09:35 PM
Photon Blasts are not worthless on Forces. Granted, it is not as easy to fill them up if you are pure techs, but it can be done. For instance, in the group that I play with, when the hunters get close to 100, they announce it, and I start having my FOmarl get hit by things. Being able to contribute to that PB combo helps everyone http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

When soloing, you can take it or leave on PBs with FOs. I find I never use it. And when I do, I find that my "attack" PBs don't do enough damage. In that case, (and if you tend to/don't mind running into the same problem) I would stick with a MAG that gives you multiple instances of invincibility. Why? Imagine this: Imagine toasting De Rol Le/Dal Ral Lie that much faster because you are invincible and don't have to dodge his megid balls or his tentacles?

OdinTyler
Mar 6, 2006, 10:35 PM
Between the 3 best Photon Blasts (Estlla, Pilla, & Golla) & an insane amt of MST, a FOnewearl can whup a serious amount of ass at lower lvls. I started a crazy crusade the other day, at Lv9. I had 523 MST, thanks to a Lv200 Sato with 125 MST plus all the Mind Mats I fed her up to that point. Up to Hard Ruins currently & being able to do over 600 dmg on a regular spell is pretty sick! However, being a 'newearl, she cant take a hit for crap. I take the hits & build up the PB meter to let guys have it. For some reason, even tho PB tends to be gauged by POW, her dmg from a PB is still pretty decent. Im perplexed.