PDA

View Full Version : Soma

Atayin
Mar 6, 2006, 01:15 AM
Well, for quite some time, now I've been a regular visitor to the site known as SomaFM. (http://www.somafm.com) It's an internet radio site that plays lots of smooth beats and downtempo that is difficult to find or come across elsewhere (as far as I know).

I figured that I'd share, for those of you who are interested in discovering new sounds.

the site layout is nice and simple.

Groove Salad, Drone Zone and Beat Blender are the only ones I ever pay attention to. Anyhow, to you who check out the site and do some listening... enjoy!

Guntz348
Mar 6, 2006, 01:51 AM
You need to check out something called the Hotel Costas. It's a hotel in France that has a DJ in the lobby. It's the greatest chill out/ after club/ bar music ever made. Well it's second to The Verve Jazz Remix's, something everyone who either likes jazz, or likes to go out at night needs to experience.

Maridia
Mar 6, 2006, 03:21 AM
All I could think of when I saw this was "Soma Cruz".

lol, castlevania

Never heard of it before, actually. D: I'm so out of the loop.

Atayin
Mar 6, 2006, 04:26 PM
On 2006-03-05 22:51, Guntz348 wrote:
You need to check out something called the Hotel Costas. It's a hotel in France that has a DJ in the lobby. It's the greatest chill out/ after club/ bar music ever made. Well it's second to The Verve Jazz Remix's, something everyone who either likes jazz, or likes to go out at night needs to experience.

But, it's a hotel in FRANCE!

I'll definately go next time I'm in France, though. Thanks for the recommendation, I'll take a note of it. That's one place to go when I visit france.

Guntz348
Mar 6, 2006, 06:50 PM
Theres also at least 8 CD's of great music that have been put out by there DJ's from the lobby. Besides who doesn't wanna go to a hotel that has a DJ in the lobby mixing while you read the paper and sip a latte?

Atayin
Mar 6, 2006, 07:09 PM
On 2006-03-06 15:50, Guntz348 wrote:
Theres also at least 8 CD's of great music that have been put out by there DJ's from the lobby. Besides who doesn't wanna go to a hotel that has a DJ in the lobby mixing while you read the paper and sip a latte?

Oh, cool! So he's got CD's out? I gotta find them. And as for this hotel, if or when I'm in France, I will definately try to stop by. Sounds like my kind of atmosphere.