PDA

View Full Version : Guild Wars: Factions

Stormsworder
Mar 6, 2006, 10:28 PM
I was wondering if anyone else was as interested in this expansion pack as me. << Personally, I'm glad that they're going to have CD keys with the expansion so that I don't have to delete some of my characters on my original account. *huggles Danielle Roivas and Dark Knight Paine* >> I dunno how good the Assassin and Ritualist classes are gonna be, though. I'm mainly interested in the new storyline. XD What're your ideas?

Dek
Mar 6, 2006, 11:00 PM
*is definately going to get it*

I can tell you right now, both new classes are worth giving a shot

HellJumper
Mar 6, 2006, 11:20 PM
Despite how much I despise Guild Wars, I'll probably end up getting it just because of the newer Assassin class and the pressure my brother's putting on me to get the game...

But mostly for the Assassin class...

Neith
Mar 7, 2006, 08:37 AM
Tried the new classes in the testing weekend.

Meh. The Ritualist is a nice idea I guess, using spirits, but also sacrificial spells/monk spells. Kindof a mix of classes. The Assassin, whilst devastating if the attacks land, have mediocre defences compared to a Warrior, and the attack chains are too reliant on each other. The standard build we were given had 4 attacks, which HAD to be used in that order. If one missed, you had to restart the combo from the beginning.

On the positive side, there were some useful skills (Shadow Step is nice for scouting areas quickly, then getting back to safety), and Cantha, the new continent looks really nice.

To be honest though, I'm not looking forward to it much anymore- though I'm sure why.

Kent
Mar 7, 2006, 06:40 PM
I read a little about the new classes... But the game just really feels sub-par, overall. When I played it for a good bit (enough to form a legible opinion on it), it really felt like I got what I was paying monthly for it...

Stormsworder
Mar 7, 2006, 08:39 PM
oO Uh, monthly? GW doesn't have a monthly fee.

Dek
Mar 8, 2006, 12:34 AM
On 2006-03-07 17:39, Stormsworder wrote:
oO Uh, monthly? GW doesn't have a monthly fee.

What he's saying is that he got what he paid for. In other words, he feels ripped off, even when there is no monthly fee...

Anyways, we really can't make any judgements about the new chapter (the characters however... http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif ). After all it isn't out yet =/