PDA

View Full Version : just wondering if anyone else is getting disappointed in the

eXo
Mar 6, 2006, 11:03 PM
Man it started off with so much promise buy now the lack of quality games and backward;s compatibility really limits what you can do =(.

jnblz316
Mar 6, 2006, 11:08 PM
The PS1, PS2, Xbox, and GC came out with a lackluster lineup when they first got released. Just give the system some time before you think it's any kind of bust.

ABDUR101
Mar 6, 2006, 11:16 PM
I've been enjoying the release of demo downloads(The Outfit was released for download today, as example, and it's hellishly addicting). As well I like being able to see trailers for games and movies on my HD TV, as it atleast gives me an idea of what the games will look like once I actually get them(as opposed to seeing the videos on my monitor).

Oblivion comes out toward the end of the month, GR:AW comes out tommorow, the BF2:MC demo comes out the middle of this month(with the full version coming out next month since appearently they don't want to release it just yet due to marketing tactics).

If anything, I've still been enjoying other things while I wait.

Dreadlock
Mar 7, 2006, 12:19 AM
The limited backward compatibility is pecking me in the nuts. I'm still waiting to see the results of Sony. Plus. I can't afford it.

jnblz316
Mar 7, 2006, 01:05 AM
I'll probably do what I did with the Xbox and PS2 and wait about a year maybe a year and a half until I buy the systems. By then there will be a better lineup of games out.

Rainbowlemon
Mar 7, 2006, 08:23 AM
Nintendo have been the only ones so far to truly step back and think what the public want. They are prepared to delay any release dates and put lots of effort into bringing out a console that promises a good set of release games. The others tend to rush it a bit and hope it goes ok...

Looking at the 360, the only game I would buy it for is Dead or Alive, just because it seems to be the only one that has really used the power of the graphics engine. With that, I'm not prepared to shell out £250 until something worthwhile comes out, like Halo 3...but now that you've bought the console, you might as well stick to it http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

eXo
Mar 7, 2006, 11:39 AM
On 2006-03-06 20:08, jnblz316 wrote:
The PS1, PS2, Xbox, and GC came out with a lackluster lineup when they first got released. Just give the system some time before you think it's any kind of bust.

Yea i understand that im all to familar with the historically weak launch line-ups from systems but it concerns me with my 360 because,other companies like sony & nintendo have proven that the wait is well worth it while on the otherhand microsoft and the xbox really just strattled the line on lack luster there first go around :nod:

eXo
Mar 7, 2006, 11:40 AM
and for please i hope that they release a decent wrestling games this time http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

Outrider
Mar 7, 2006, 04:27 PM
Y'know, I don't even really like tactical shooters, but Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter and the just-announced Rainbow Six: Vegas look pretty sweet. I'm guessing they'll be fairly similar games (at least as similar as this generation's GR and R6 games.) Online co-op and whatnot just sounds like great fun.

But then again, I don't own a 360, so maybe it would be different if I actually knew that I had spent four hundred bucks just for a couple games I kinda-sorta-would-like.

Regardless, even if it just collects dust for a month or two, I'm sure something will come out that will pique your interest.

darthsaber9x9
Mar 7, 2006, 04:34 PM
I've found recently that i'm disillusioned with all the next gen stuff except revolution. Because i've played alot of games, and I wouldn't say the playing experience has got any better since sega dropped out. Maybe i'm just getting older but still, i've seen everything before now. Or maybe i'm not making much of an effort, who knows?

RuneLateralus
Mar 7, 2006, 05:17 PM
The only thing I am disappointed about XBox is that I can't play Prince of Persia 2 and 3, Panzer Dragoon Orta, Kingdom Under Fire 1 and 2, and Jet Set Radio Future.

Other than that, I am not. The games that have been available are good (normally, launch games aren't the best, but 360's are actually pretty decent compared to other launches...I am looking at you PS2).

Plus with Ghost Recon and Oblivion, things are looking good.

Firocket1690
Mar 7, 2006, 05:37 PM
On 2006-03-07 08:39, eXo wrote:
Yea i understand that im all to familar with the historically weak launch line-ups from systems but it concerns me with my 360 because,other companies like sony & nintendo have proven that the wait is well worth it while on the otherhand microsoft and the xbox really just strattled the line on lack luster there first go around :nod:

Anyone recall the DS's release? Nothing until a year later, and now Nintendo's just churning out new semidecent games.

The only system I have seen have a lineup of good release games was the N64. Because Super Mario64 and Star Fox 64 is cool like that.

Oh, and I'm not disappointed in my 360 yet! Too bad I forgot to buy it. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Kent
Mar 7, 2006, 05:43 PM
DOA4 and Perfect Dark Zero are still fun to play... I just have work to do for class. :/

And yeah, the backwards-compatility is kinda annoying me... If they'd just make SmileBit games compatible, I'd be happy (seeing as they've made the absolute best games on the freaking Xbox, and all).

I need to pick up Kameo sometime... And Oblivion is looking pretty good, for something made by those morons at Bethesda. I particularly like what I've seen of the Radiant AI. Maybe they've learned their lesson from Morrowind...

ladyjaderiver
Mar 7, 2006, 05:56 PM
>.>

Nobody in my Game Design class was overly thrilled with XBox 360 at all when we played one in class the day after they came out. Sure, great graphics and all, but not too much of an improvement over existing PC games and XBox games, unless you have a really nice HD TV, which not many people can afford.

The limited backwards compatability, the fact that I dislike the type of games that are out for it, and the cost made it no question for me as to whether I would get one: I already knew my answer was "no" as soon as I heard they were making it.

In fact, my Game Design class came to the conclusion that it's called "XBox [i]360[i]" because it went in a complete circle and was not really very innovative at all.

Kent
Mar 7, 2006, 06:37 PM
That's kinda funny... Basically everyone in my class loved it when people brought theirs in, the day after release. Nobody would shut up about PDZ for a while.

Our teacher even made a note to talk to the head of the department, about stepping up our school's 3D modelling courses (the ones for Game Design, anyway), because of it. We also had it hooked up to one of our nice little S-Video projectors, and even then, it looked really nice.

...Nothing compared to my current VGA connection, though.

AUTO_
Mar 7, 2006, 06:39 PM
The new Ghost Recon got great reviews and that's my type of bag...but it's really the only game besides Oblivion I would buy the system for.

Not worth the money right now.

Eihwaz
Mar 7, 2006, 07:39 PM
I'm perfectly happy with building my collection of GameCube, Xbox, GBA, and DS games right now.

Outrider
Mar 7, 2006, 08:50 PM
On 2006-03-07 16:39, Eihwaz wrote:
I'm perfectly happy with building my collection of GameCube, Xbox, GBA, and DS games right now.

Now that's what I'm talkin' about.

I guess I'd be more interested in the 360 if I wasn't still busy with what I already have.

Sgt_Shligger
Mar 7, 2006, 09:15 PM
I disapprove of the 360. it is good and all but the people who own it usually are not willing to admit any flaws about it. it is far too expensive and there are not any games that really catch my eye. They didn't have any good launch games.

I got into an argument with my friend about the 360. i said i would never want a 360 because it is too expensive and my computer is just as good. My comp's systems specs are: 1.25Gb of RAM, 1.8Gz processor (not the greatest but i got RAm to back it up,) +256Mb graphics card and 81Gb of memory. My friend says " the next gen games will be for pc and 360 and no one will have the system requirments on pc."

I guess i might not be able to play the "next gen" games but THEN my frined wouldn't admit that an ALienware computer is better than a 360 and he would take a 360 over Alienware! he just wouldn't admit anything was better than the 360 and even went to say "the PS3 will be $1000 and won't have any good games and isnt as good as the 360." System specs say the 360 gets it's ass wooped by the PS3.

Back on topic, i don't want a 360 because it is overrated and has no good games (yet.)

RuneLateralus
Mar 8, 2006, 10:02 PM
You offered nice opinions in your argument, but I have a serious issue with this.

On 2006-03-07 18:15, SgtShligger wrote:
I disapprove of the 360. it is good and all but the people who own it usually are not willing to admit any flaws about it. it is far too expensive and there are not any games that really catch my eye. They didn't have any good launch games.

You say the system is too expensive...yet then you say that:

I got into an argument with my friend about the 360. i said i would never want a 360 because it is too expensive and my computer is just as good. My comp's systems specs are: 1.25Gb of RAM, 1.8Gz processor (not the greatest but i got RAm to back it up,) +256Mb graphics card and 81Gb of memory. My friend says " the next gen games will be for pc and 360 and no one will have the system requirments on pc."

I guess i might not be able to play the "next gen" games but THEN my frined wouldn't admit that an ALienware computer is better than a 360 and he would take a 360 over Alienware!

You argue the 360 is so expensive, but then you are praising Alienware? Why the hell would 360 be expensive when Alienware will charge you about $2000 for a good system if you want it to last? Don't get me wrong, they are well built computers and are great for gaming, but they are overpriced. I can build a great SLi ready PC for only $1200. And if you are going to ask if it could look flashy, well, if I spend another 100 (at the most), it can be.

Don't go against your argument against one thing that you think is overpriced when you use something else that is overpriced as your counterpoint.

REJ-
Mar 8, 2006, 10:58 PM
Honestly, I think that one of the main reasons people are getting the 360, is for Halo 3, but that won't come out for another half year, or longer, so you might as well wait for it or another good game to come out before buying the 360.

Skett
Mar 8, 2006, 11:26 PM
If you have Xbox Live, I'd find it hard to believe that there isn't anything that makes 360 worth it. In terms of actual games, there are a few really good games and several *just* good games. But with Live, the ability to download demos and Live Arcade games blows a whole in the arguement that there isn't anything good to play.

AUTO_
Mar 9, 2006, 04:06 PM
Pfft, the arcade games are just for points. The demos are a cool idea though.

Plus, if you're spending around the same amount of time on the arcade games rather than the 360 games you know there's a problem.

Skett
Mar 9, 2006, 08:17 PM
On 2006-03-09 13:06, AUTO_ wrote:
Pfft, the arcade games are just for points. The demos are a cool idea though.

Plus, if you're spending around the same amount of time on the arcade games rather than the 360 games you know there's a problem.

Their pretty addicting and fun. It's a mistake to assume that just because their shorter and smaller, their not as fun. That's like saying that old-school games, for the same reason as the Arcade games, are any less fun than the 360 games.

DLShAdOw
Mar 9, 2006, 08:49 PM
On 2006-03-07 14:56, ladyjaderiver wrote:

In fact, my Game Design class came to the conclusion that it's called "XBox [i]360[i]" because it went in a complete circle and was not really very innovative at all.

What is your class taking. The only people talking about innovation is nintendo. Microsft is going for straight preformance, and theu delivered. I love my 360, and i haven't even gotten any arcade games yet.

PDZ is really fun, Call of Duty has bad online, but a good offline, and i never had an Xbox so, i'm still playing halo 2. The Microsoft never promised innovation, even though they did give it with xbox live, which KICKS ASS!

As for SgtShligger. Rune is right alienware is way overpriced and the 360 does have good games.

Me, Skett, Abdur and Kent are right, plus ya'll are ust jealous.

ladyjaderiver
Mar 9, 2006, 09:49 PM
On 2006-03-09 17:49, DLShAdOw wrote:

What is your class taking. The only people talking about innovation is nintendo. Microsft is going for straight preformance, and theu delivered. I love my 360, and i haven't even gotten any arcade games yet.

*cough* Microsoft is not going for performance, they're going for money. At least realize that, please.

Outrider
Mar 9, 2006, 09:55 PM
On 2006-03-09 17:49, DLShAdOw wrote:
Me, Skett, Abdur and Kent are right, plus ya'll are ust jealous.

When did this become a fanboy argument?

I didn't realize it was a case of right versus wrong.

ABDUR101
Mar 9, 2006, 10:10 PM
On 2006-03-09 18:49, ladyjaderiver wrote:
*cough* Microsoft is not going for performance, they're going for money. At least realize that, please.

What company in the business isn't in it for the money? Honestly, if you beleive otherwise, appearently the train you rode in on was derailed somewhere just before reality itself.

Solstis
Mar 9, 2006, 10:39 PM
On 2006-03-09 19:10, ABDUR101 wrote:

What company in the business isn't in it for the money? Honestly, if you beleive otherwise, appearently the train you rode in on was derailed somewhere just before reality itself.

I love Nintendo, but it's silly to think that they're really more interested in bringing value to the gamer than making cash. Well, maybe the figureheads in the organization might think so, but I bet that the board members probably think differently.

ladyjaderiver
Mar 9, 2006, 10:41 PM
On 2006-03-09 19:10, ABDUR101 wrote:

Oh, I never said they weren't. I just find it highly amusing that someone would think Microsoft actually cared about the performance of anything they make.

AUTO_
Mar 10, 2006, 01:55 AM
Is there anywhere reliable to even PURCHASE a 360 right now? All my local Gamestops say they're still short on 360's to give to their ORIGINAL pre-order customers.

RuneLateralus
Mar 10, 2006, 03:35 AM
Probably by the end of the month, more places will have them. Some of the Gamestops in this area have filled out there orders and some haven't. The shipments are coming in at a better rate though.

eXo
Mar 10, 2006, 10:07 PM
In my opinion probly the best game that i have played is Kameo http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif yea i know but it was different which appealed to me http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_confused.gif

Skett
Mar 11, 2006, 07:47 PM
On 2006-03-10 19:07, eXo wrote:
In my opinion probly the best game that i have played is Kameo http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif yea i know but it was different which appealed to me http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_confused.gif

Please explain what other 360 games you've played. There are several that are oh-so better than Kameo.

Outrider
Mar 11, 2006, 08:04 PM
Actually, I think my local Toys R' Us had 360s for right around Christmas, which surprised me greatly.

They were in required bundles (y'know, you can get the system only if you buy four games with it) but they definitely had them.

I wonder how that situation has changed since then.

Blue-Hawk
Mar 13, 2006, 10:39 PM
On 2006-03-09 22:55, AUTO_ wrote:
Is there anywhere reliable to even PURCHASE a 360 right now? All my local Gamestops say they're still short on 360's to give to their ORIGINAL pre-order customers.

AND to replace the ones that never worked to begine with, which was a good 68% of them.

eXo
Mar 16, 2006, 01:16 PM
On 2006-03-11 16:47, Skett wrote:

On 2006-03-10 19:07, eXo wrote:

Please explain what other 360 games you've played. There are several that are oh-so better than Kameo.

Well lets see i currently own
Kameo / NBA2k6/ DoA4/ Fight Night/Call of Duty/PGR/Quake/Condemed/Perfect Dark Zero/burnout/amped/

........ im getting this burning feeling that im forgeting something .... but blah ill post it if i remember http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif