PDA

View Full Version : Firo's Trip to Ninty World

Firocket1690
Mar 8, 2006, 10:50 PM
w00t, Firo's bored out of her mind again.
Off to Nintendo World for no apparant reason.
Heh, they set up downloadable demos, so seeing as I didn't have much hoemwork tonight, I went by.

Tetris DS has exceeded my expectations. In terms of single player, anyway. The default cpu for the push style was pitiful. They'll probably beef it up in the full version.
Solo mode was ... solo. Classic tetris with fruity colors and sprite abuse, nothing special there. Classic lovable game, nevertheless.

Metroid Prime Hunters... Didn't have a playable demo, but they did have a video.
http://rapidshare.de/files/15046788/P3070002.MOV.html

Pokemon Trozei is the worst puzzle game I've ever played. Let alone Pokemon. I'll leave it at that.

BRAIN AGE!
Holy woahmgfsckingholyhell. If I wasn't so simple minded, I wouldn't love this so much. This thing pulls out reflexes to the max. There were two simple puzzles, and a sudoku available in the demo. But it's rather... addictive. Firstly, it's the classic speak the color of the font, and not the word test. Surprisingly, it's quite responsive to the mic. I might regain hope in talking to my nintendog. ... Nah. The second function was a bunch of pre-k math problems set to be solved at blazing speed. Like I said, a good portion of the game is based on your stylus reflexes. Albeit, my DS stylus skills aren't that good, but I did well with a fingernail in the store, and 0wned it with a full size stylus when I got home.

I sat there for about 45 min, played around with the downloadable junk. Murdered some stranger in mkds afterwards. Downloaded brain age again, and set it to sleep mode. Went upstairs, owned some other stranger in ssbm. Then bought a yoshi figure for myself, and another for a friend's upcomming birthday. >_>;

Here's to bored wednesday nights. w00t.

Skett
Mar 8, 2006, 11:34 PM
I've been wanting to go to Nintendo World for a while now, but I'm never in New York. I wish Nintendo would set more of them up in Chicago and LA or something. Oh well.

Metroid Prime Hunters looks very fun. I'm a bit concerned about the overall quality (the developer doesn't have a great track-record) but I'm hoping for the best.

Brain Age? It's incredibly how popular that game is in Japan. I'm very interested if the game will be as popular in the American market, especially considering how image-concious many gamers are.

Outrider
Mar 8, 2006, 11:56 PM
Y'know, my girlfriend keeps offering to go with me to the Nintendo World Store, but I haven't gotten myself off my butt and onto a train.

I'll have to make my way over there one of these days.

Dhylec
Mar 9, 2006, 12:08 PM
Firo is sure bored. ;]
Hah, I work like 5 blocks away from NW, but all I ever did was walking by & looking inside. ;D

Blitzkommando
Mar 9, 2006, 07:47 PM
Sudoku is so addictive... I wonder if it will include the 'circle' sudoku as that is a bit quicker to do than the box type. I'll have to check that out when it hits stores.

EJ
Mar 10, 2006, 12:18 AM
haha..I walked by there after class but decided not to go in since I didn't think they had anything interesting.

Didn't know they have the download demos now, guess I need to check them out tommorrow >_>