PDA

View Full Version : EGM April Fools

DLShAdOw
Mar 9, 2006, 07:56 PM
well, not really, but their april fools this year is so obvious. Ha, The apple iGame Ya Right!

Here's a big scan of the article.

http://jimlaurent.hostiz.com/A/Pictures/Scan1.JPG

I'm prety sure that the game store is just a photoshopped music store.

lol I think i'm right, but they did do a good job with the pictures.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DLShAdOw on 2006-03-09 18:09 ]</font>

VioletSkye
Mar 9, 2006, 08:04 PM
They have officially run out of good April Fools jokes http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

Dek
Mar 9, 2006, 08:07 PM
On 2006-03-09 17:04, VioletSkye wrote:
They have officially run out of good April Fools jokes http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

Indeed...

The entire gPod joke has been around for a few years, mostly ever since the release of the iPod and OS X.

Some joke articles made it sound like it was a rip off of the PSP, in the sense that it would have games available, access to music, access to movies, as well as a special version of OS X only available for the system...

Strange stuff.

Skett
Mar 9, 2006, 08:09 PM
Scan? Is the new one out already?

As for the actual topic: who cares? I bet there will be quite a few ignorant gamers who'll get fooled. I'm sure they'll have better ones. When it comes to April Fool's jokes, EGM is infamously king for not holding back.

The Sonic/Tails in SSBM ended up being circulated by other magazines and I'd bet that the nude code in DOA Volleyball accounted for seventy-five percent of all sales of the game.

DLShAdOw
Mar 9, 2006, 08:35 PM
On 2006-03-09 17:09, Skett wrote:
Scan? Is the new one out already?

As for the actual topic: who cares? I bet there will be quite a few ignorant gamers who'll get fooled. I'm sure they'll have better ones. When it comes to April Fool's jokes, EGM is infamously king for not holding back.

The Sonic/Tails in SSBM ended up being circulated by other magazines and I'd bet that the nude code in DOA Volleyball accounted for seventy-five percent of all sales of the game.

Ya i got my new issue today and now you can read it.

BogusKun
Mar 10, 2006, 04:33 PM
As much as I love EGM.... I loved the classic LamePro magazine section every april fools.

Can't wait for LamePro.

DizzyDi
Mar 11, 2006, 01:57 PM
I freaking hate GamePro. My dad bought me a subscription for that magazine and its so boring and lame. Not only that but I can tell which articles they were paid to do. Like one issue they had Saint's Row on the cover. The preview read like a friggen advertisement for the game. "Oh yeah, this game will put GTA to shame." Whatever.

BogusKun
Mar 11, 2006, 04:41 PM
i just cared about LamePro

DizzyDi
Mar 11, 2006, 05:38 PM
On 2006-03-11 13:41, BogusKun wrote:
i just cared about LamePro

I was just saying...I think EGM created LamePro BECAUSE they know GamePro probably takes money from companies to give certain games higher scores or to give a game a cover story or something.

BogusKun
Mar 11, 2006, 07:11 PM
I think companies could do that on a regular basis though. It's like Spike TV. EA and all those wack ass game companies pay them money to flaunt some suck-ass football game and say IT IS THE BEST. When clearly the real games get no coverage. I know where you're going with this. GamePro is not one of my favorite magazine, I used to subscribe to EVERY magazine alive in the days... I had over 500 gaming magazines which I had to turn over. I had first issue to last in 1998 of EGM and Nintendo Power, and I would compare the many different mags I had. I did choose EGM over them all, because they have a more professional staff and look. LamePro in the days was just pretty funny to me. I think it was the April 1996 issue of LamePro which impressed me. It's the only good GamePro magazine and I did enjoy PRESIDENTS EVIL and OJ SIMPSON PGA GOLF. haha