PDA

View Full Version : Melee Force

DLShAdOw
Mar 9, 2006, 09:43 PM
I started a Fomarl a few days ago. I just want to know some good tips? i'm a purplenum, normal mode. I'm doing the quests, then i'm gonna get soul eater http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif Avatar

I'm a purplenum, and two funny things, the first rappy i saw on this new file was an al rappy and my first time through caves 2 in the quest addicting food i got a nar lily, the al gave a mind mat, and the nar gave a general/legs. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

sprky585
Mar 9, 2006, 10:02 PM
damn...like the hat that im wearin says "Roll with Lady luck" andu keep rollin 7's too bad ur not on higher diff... when i did addicting food quest on Vhard in the first room i saw a nar perfect/resist and in Fake in yellow i saw a al without piping diska of braveman

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: sprky585 on 2006-03-09 19:02 ]</font>

EJ
Mar 10, 2006, 04:30 AM
Get yourself a a pow/dex mag something like 5/150/45/0.

Get a soul eater as soon as possible or use the nice shot golf club if you are on BB.

Get a gun with some hit(not needed but good to have) to fight long distance since it's not always good to fight hand to hand in certain situations.

Learn the enemy tech weakness and combine the use of melee and tech when needed.

Oh yea just Zalure for now till you get higher lvl techs about around 12 then you can J/Z everything.

PSOPRINCE
Mar 10, 2006, 04:42 PM
On 2006-03-10 01:30, ForceEJ wrote:

Get a soul eater as soon as possible or use the nice shot golf club if you are on BB.

Get a gun with some hit(not needed but good to have) to fight long distance since it's not always good to fight hand to hand in certain situations.

Learn the enemy tech weakness and combine the use of melee and tech when needed.

Oh yea just Zalure for now till you get higher lvl techs about around 12 then you can J/Z everything.

personally i tihnk forces were made for techs but if you want to meele a pow mag with a bit of mind will be good get to hard and find yourself a double saber hard barber ray on templr 1/22 purplenum isn't a good id for forces loads of mechguns go with pnkal or the universal redria

EJ
Mar 10, 2006, 04:46 PM
On 2006-03-10 13:42, PSOPRINCE wrote:
personally i tihnk forces were made for techs but if you want to meele a pow mag with a bit of mind will be good get to hard and find yourself a double saber hard barber ray on templr 1/22 purplenum isn't a good id for forces loads of mechguns go with pnkal or the universal redria

Purple, red, and white are good ids for forces.

Pinkal isn't good for a melee force, especially if he wants to melee.

PSOPRINCE
Mar 10, 2006, 05:05 PM
On 2006-03-10 13:46, ForceEJ wrote:

Purple, red, and white are good ids for forces.

Pinkal isn't good for a melee force, especially if he wants to melee.

why whitill? they mostly find slicers and swords

EJ
Mar 10, 2006, 05:12 PM
It's a pretty balance ID plus since he making a fomarl, whitill can get rico glasses and earring.

PSOPRINCE
Mar 10, 2006, 05:55 PM
On 2006-03-10 14:12, ForceEJ wrote:
It's a pretty balance ID plus since he making a fomarl, whitill can get rico glasses and earring.

good point

Deuce
Mar 10, 2006, 07:07 PM
Playing a melee FOmarl myself for a good 200+ hours, I can tell you that slicer's will be your best friend. Get a high hit charge diska or even for lower levels, a rappy fan. Slicers hit 4 targets from a range instead of sabers 1 target up close. Whitill is good for Flight Fan and others. Redria finds the best FO sheild if you have access to online or PSO+ and also gets Magic Stone: Iritista. Purple is a little weaker on the melee FO finds, but overall finds some nice rares for other characters as well as your FO.

GrumblyStuff
Mar 10, 2006, 08:49 PM
personally i tihnk forces were made for techs....

Forces can be pretty potent with the right gear. I'm doing Ult Forest runs with meleeing Fomar probably much quicker than I could with techs. Sure I swiped every good thing he could use from my other character (God/Arms, God/Battle, Rainbow Baton, Red Saber http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif ) but the point remains.

Anyway, if you're in ultimate, Forces have horrid ATA so you'll probably want to have maxed out and using weapons with a minimum 20-30% hit. Fomarls max at 170 so it's fairly easy to do.

And even if you're focusing on meleeing, make a Mind mag so you can use high level tech disks.

PSOPRINCE
Mar 11, 2006, 02:36 PM
On 2006-03-10 17:49, GrumblyStuff wrote:

personally i tihnk forces were made for techs....

Forces can be pretty potent with the right gear. I'm doing Ult Forest runs with meleeing Fomar probably much quicker than I could with techs. Sure I swiped every good thing he could use from my other character (God/Arms, God/Battle, Rainbow Baton, Red Saber http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif ) but the point remains.

Anyway, if you're in ultimate, Forces have horrid ATA so you'll probably want to have maxed out and using weapons with a minimum 20-30% hit. Fomarls max at 170 so it's fairly easy to do.

And even if you're focusing on meleeing, make a Mind mag so you can use high level tech disks.

isny rainbow baton one of the best fo weps pow and dex are your most important i tihnk

GrumblyStuff
Mar 11, 2006, 02:45 PM
PSOPRINCE, I'm gonna have to start calling you Manglish for now on.

But yes, Rainbow Baton is a good Force weapon. Hell, it's the best (purely stat-wise) slicer you can get AND it's wonderfully easy to get really good stats on it. Just find a normal slicer-type weapon with good percents (I got 0/50/0/0/40), grind it the max, and use magic stone Iritista.

I got a couple other slicers waiting to be converted as well. A 40/0/0/40/50 and a 0/0/50/40/45. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

PSOPRINCE
Mar 11, 2006, 02:54 PM
On 2006-03-11 11:45, GrumblyStuff wrote:
PSOPRINCE, I'm gonna have to start calling you Manglish for now on.

But yes, Rainbow Baton is a good Force weapon. Hell, it's the best (purely stat-wise) slicer you can get AND it's wonderfully easy to get really good stats on it. Just find a normal slicer-type weapon with good percents (I got 0/50/0/0/40), grind it the max, and use magic stone Iritista.

I got a couple other slicers waiting to be converted as well. A 40/0/0/40/50 and a 0/0/50/40/45. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

manglish? msi is hard to get

Eihwaz
Mar 11, 2006, 02:59 PM
If you're making a melee FOrce, your Mag should definetly have a focus on POW/DEX. If you want a little MIND on the side, that's okay, but it shouldn't be the main part of the Mag. Even without any MST boosting of any kind, FOrces all have very good MST. I personally recommend something like 5/145/50/0, though at lower levels, 5/125/70/0 might be useful for the extra ATA.

As far as IDs go, Redria is excellent, and Purplenum or Whitill make good choices. Redria finds lots of great armors, so you'll have a less difficult time finding slotted armorsa. Purplenum finds lots of RAnger-suited stuff, including lots of Mechguns. A good pair of L&K14 Combats with Hit can be destructive on a melee FOrce. Whitill finds stuff like Slicers, Handguns, and some Mechguns, all of which can be quite useful for a melee FOrce.

If you don't already have a Redria, I'd go with that, since Redria has awesome exclusive drops, like God/Battle and Magic Rock "Iristia", which makes the strongest slicer, the Rainbow Baton.

GalaxTheWanderer
Mar 11, 2006, 03:42 PM
Well, I think getting the soul eater is a good idea for a melee FO, I would know because I have a FOrce, a FOmar, who uses soul banish. I think they are both good melee weps(soul banish and soul eater). Anyway, I would also reccomend: 1) victor ax. 2) tripolic sheild.

PSOPRINCE
Mar 11, 2006, 03:58 PM
On 2006-03-11 12:42, Galax wrote:
Well, I think getting the soul eater is a good idea for a melee FO, I would know because I have a FOrce, a FOmar, who uses soul banish. I think they are both good melee weps(soul banish and soul eater). Anyway, I would also reccomend: 1) victor ax. 2) tripolic sheild.

victor axe is crap tripolic is wicked but 8uts difficult ot get and you need so mauch atp for soul banish what level is your fo

GalaxTheWanderer
Mar 11, 2006, 06:48 PM
Level 110.

I just proved your theory right about the victor.
I died on ultimate mines to a canabin...

OdinTyler
Mar 12, 2006, 11:25 PM
As someone with a Purplenum FOmarl (my main), I can tell you one thing above all else: expect mechguns...ALOT of them. Expect to trip, fall, & drown in them. This can be a good thing or a bad thing. Pray you find ones with decent %s & hit %s is a true score! Im not too fond of mechguns on her, but, theyre fun to try out every now & then. The great thing about FOmarls is theyre the most balanced, have good atp/def & their mst is still damn good. Being the most versatile, it opens up all types of possibilities to you. I generally havent preferred force-type weps tho lately Ive found myself using them. Hildebear/Hildeblue Canes & Psycho Wand are ALOT of fun.
With respect to how you raise your mag, it depends on how you raise yourself. If youre trying to balance yourself out, you may want to put a couple of high stats on your mag. Unfortunately for me, I had used some Luck Mats early on & got screwed as I couldnt use more useful ones. I did manage to find alot of HP Mats along the way & only recently did I max out on those. Sure, my hits go up, but, I wouldve rather added to better qualified stats. I really dont recommend using Luck Mats for you as theres much better ones out there. If you melee alot, you might want to use Pow ones but dont go overboard. Between def/mind mats & stats you put on your mag, you can really get a powerful char out of it.
What Ive been working on (& I recommend this to you) is raise 2 mags. One for meleeing where youd have POW & DEF as your higher stats. Your hits will be up & youll definitely be able to take it. The other make MIND your majority for the moods where you just want to blast things away. That & having a decent MST is great for healing & your support techs. I became famous for my Shifta/Deband usage online, but, offline, youll really come to value Jellen/Zalure. Theyll aid you immensely. My ultimate point to you is that FOmarls are known for their balance. Dont feel the need to specialize in anything in particular tho youre entitled to. Theres alot of room for growth & Im still learning my char even tho Ive been a FOmarl for 6 years now.

Oh & about the mechguns...if you have a second char, just dump all the excess ones on him/her. Eventually you can find some wep somewhere Im sure youll like. It might just be a mechgun.

Skorpius
Mar 13, 2006, 01:05 AM
On 2006-03-10 01:30, ForceEJ wrote:

On 2006-03-10 16:07, Deuce wrote:
Playing a melee FOmarl myself for a good 200+ hours, I can tell you that slicer's will be your best friend. Get a high hit charge diska or even for lower levels, a rappy fan. Slicers hit 4 targets from a range instead of sabers 1 target up close.

On 2006-03-10 17:49, GrumblyStuff wrote:

On 2006-03-11 11:59, Eihwaz wrote:
If you're making a melee FOrce, your Mag should definetly have a focus on POW/DEX. If you want a little MIND on the side, that's okay, but it shouldn't be the main part of the Mag. Even without any MST boosting of any kind, FOrces all have very good MST. I personally recommend something like 5/145/50/0, though at lower levels, 5/125/70/0 might be useful for the extra ATA.
As far as IDs go, Redria is excellent, and Purplenum or Whitill make good choices. Redria finds lots of great armors, so you'll have a less difficult time finding slotted armorsa. Purplenum finds lots of RAnger-suited stuff, including lots of Mechguns. A good pair of L&K14 Combats with Hit can be destructive on a melee FOrce. Whitill finds stuff like Slicers, Handguns, and some Mechguns, all of which can be quite useful for a melee FOrce.
If you don't already have a Redria, I'd go with that, since Redria has awesome exclusive drops, like God/Battle and Magic Rock "Iristia", which makes the strongest slicer, the Rainbow Baton.

This stuff is dead on.

PSOPRINCE
Mar 13, 2006, 05:44 PM
true jellen is so useful and shifta for meele is good but a mind mag is good for using techs

Rekitheforce
Mar 13, 2006, 10:36 PM
okay, if you want a melee force then you need to balance out your mag's stats. on the other hand, if you want to be a tech user then you might want to go all out on your MIND but keep in mind not to get it up too high to where your other stats suck.

GrumblyStuff
Mar 13, 2006, 10:38 PM
No, you want to max out your ATA as soon as possible, preferably with armor units. Remember folks, a God/Arm is worth 60 ATP on a mag.

Just don't bother with a "balanced" mag at all. It's simply no good for anything except maybe at level 200 for maxing stats.

If you're playing as a tech user, make a very high Mind mag. It will allow you to use high level technique disks and give you a whopping amount of TP and MST. THAT will let you run around Mines and Ruins fairly easy as long as you play smart and don't go running up to Arlans.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: GrumblyStuff on 2006-03-13 19:43 ]</font>

PSOPRINCE
Mar 14, 2006, 11:46 AM
On 2006-03-13 19:38, GrumblyStuff wrote:
No, you want to max out your ATA as soon as possible, preferably with armor units. Remember folks, a God/Arm is worth 60 ATP on a mag.

Just don't bother with a "balanced" mag at all. It's simply no good for anything except maybe at level 200 for maxing stats.

If you're playing as a tech user, make a very high Mind mag. It will allow you to use high level technique disks and give you a whopping amount of TP and MST. THAT will let you run around Mines and Ruins fairly easy as long as you play smart and don't go running up to Arlans.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: GrumblyStuff on 2006-03-13 19:43 ]</font>

running up to arians is fine unless you wanna get bitchslaped

OdinTyler
Mar 14, 2006, 12:20 PM
I run up to Arlans, I dont care. Thats what group spells are for. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif Between attacking & casting, all fall to the feet of the Purplenum FOmarl known as Masako...

PSOPRINCE
Mar 14, 2006, 01:23 PM
On 2006-03-13 19:38, GrumblyStuff wrote:

dont you mean 30? on the mag http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_confused.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: PSOPRINCE on 2006-03-14 10:25 ]</font>

GrumblyStuff
Mar 14, 2006, 01:25 PM
Oh sure. It's all fun and games playing with Jellen'd Arlans with Deband on yourself until a Dark Bringer gets spawned.

PSOPRINCE
Mar 14, 2006, 01:59 PM
On 2006-03-14 10:25, GrumblyStuff wrote:
Oh sure. It's all fun and games playing with Jellen'd Arlans with Deband on yourself until a Dark Bringer gets spawned.

yeah a really retarded one that shoots three evil if not very cool beams of death bringing which reminds me how much i want that wep